Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
test.jpg

Venue: USA/France – Laguna Seca / Paul Ricard 88
Event Start: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 30 min. The Practice session will be set for 120 mins, so people can join early. Practice will however end @ 19.30GMT
Qualification: 10 min (unlimited lapcount)
Race: 8 laps
Vehicles: Alfa GTA / Lotus Cortina / Ford Falcon / Ford Mustang / Mini Cooper / NSU TT / Toyota Corolla / Abarth TCR (Abarth also requires Sound patch: here)
Liveries: Default liveries only
Restrictions: If you have already signed up for the League, you must only drive the car type you have signed up with during this event.
Entry: A working GPCOS account is required, as the password will only be published in your control centre in GPCOS. GPCOS is here.
Mod installation is the entrants responsibility. Entrants causing disruption due to installation errors will be kicked.

The last supply date (as specified in the Intro & Info thread) to me is actually next Friday - 23rd April - so as long as you are finished and get it to me before then, we'll be OK.

But - I do want to get v1.0 up and tested asap, so we have the majority of the skins all loaded and tested.

Then I can add any late skins into an update pack for people who have v1.0 of the full pack, and I'll update v1.0 to v1.1 for people who don't have the full pack yet.

I've stuck my wheel back on my desk so that I can at least turn up for tonight, maybe even put a lap or 3 in, please be gentle as I don't recon I'll be up to pace as it's been nearly 6 weeks without turning a wheel and I've got no idea how the old bod will cope.

Sam

Just a last reminder - default liveries only tonight please.

I will not be impressed by someone trying to turn up in a 3rd party skin and causing the flashy screen issue for everyone else who HAS read the instructions.

I have a big problem entering server.
Anytime I try to enter I'm sitting in Abarth.
System Win7 64bit
Also after entering Multiplayer and I sit in Abarth again, after exiting MP I have 0 credits
What I tried:
- recreating profile,
- reinstalling unlock cheat,
- reinstalling Abarth,
- restarting,
- tried to unmark GTL folder from read-only - dosen't work
- copying my gtl to other drive

Any other ideas?

That was a nice event, although I fear that I've made another crap car choice.

The Arbaths are so fast, It'll take a hell of a drive to beat them 1-on-1. Not that I won't accept the challenge ;)

Race one was good, The Alfa ran well at Laguna but I felt my setup wasn't quite right and I could have had a bit more from it. I had a good Battle or two, generally good fun.

Paul Ricard was giggle, relatively simple track so I could really test the car out. Unfortunately in the race I wasn't quick enough to stay with the gaggle of Arbathshttp://www.racedepartment.com/members/krzysztof-babij.html up front, but I had a nice battle with Steven and Gary as he made his epic comeback.

Really looking forward to season start now, two weeks of practice and tuning can begin now!

Thanks Stu!

That was a very positive event for me. Had a great time in the Mini which felt very comfortable straight away:good:

There seemed to be a bit chaos in start of the the two races but I hope things will calm down before the first race.

Due to some clashes in turn one I was able to fetch 9th at Paul Rickard which was well above my expectations. Me and Warren was pretty much in the middle of the field in both races and hopefully that will lead to some good battles in this season!

Thanks Stuart and RD for a successful test:good:

Not my night tonite lol. In Race 1 I was running 1st and patting myself on the back and then in lap 7 I run out of fuel.:rolleyes:

Then in Race 2 I am having the time of my life chasing Amir and when I finally catch up to him, I get too excited, forget which straight I am currently on (I was on the short one, thinking I was on the long one lol) , missed my braking point and went off. I was then running 5th (I think) after Thommo and in the last lap, last turn, my left front tire catches a bit of sand and my TCR goes off-roading lol.

I wish I could say it was due to bad luck, but nope...It was pure nerves.
You would think by now I would have my nerves under control huh?

Thanks Stu for setting this up!

Had a good time tonight although made some silly mistakes which dropped me down the order. Oh well better to make them tonight than in a league event. Thanks Mr T and all that participated and hope we all have a great league this season.

You have all skins and mods installed?

Yes Ryan - everything installed.

I made a totaly new "fresh" install, no tracks, nothing from old installs including new profile.

Everything works, until I install Abarth there is like with Ford T only one choice... TCR

I also tried to start it without Antyvir program, with admin priviliges and without and it simply dosen't work...

When I delete TCR - everything works again... I don't get it...

Interesting event for me, I haven't raced GTL for some time and was clearly rusty. Nice to have a run in my ol' Mini though, and even though the Mini was no match for the Abarths, it is still fun to drive. Unfortunately, to get the best out of the Mini, you need to keep up it's momentum, especially through the turns, and getting boxed in among traffic makes it a struggle. Knut and I were able to maintain a mid pack spot mostly though, so maybe the longer races on some tighter tracks will help more, we'll have to see.

Sadly, I'll miss the first two rounds due to being away on holidays, have fun and hopefully I see you for Round 3. :cool:

Quite a positive test for me in the lone Falcon,but the Abarth's very soon layed their cards on the table and indeed to beat them without some kind of "circumstances" going on will be a big ask,but like Tom,im keen to give it a try ;).

See you all next test,and then ofcourse at Round #1 S5 !!! \o/

Thanks Stu and Carlos & RD

I'll start off with Paul Ricard '88: Luckily this was a test event as my hardware isn't set up properly yet: after the opening lap my pedals started slipping away, and eventually dissapeared under my desk where I couldn't reach it any more. When struggling to recover it I accidentally unplugged (bad connection) the pedals from the wheel... it took me 10 minutes afterwards to find out why they didn't respond any more... Lesson learned and already gathered some wooden planks from which to timber a solid pedal holder! Now if only I was a carpenter...

Laguna: Actually I think I'll have to leave Belgium and head for the sunny California: looking at the Ranking page it shows me having the best time of the GTA's: me, moi, Ich! A whopping 1:49.174 came out of my thundering Alfa in race-setup.
Q: I believe I managed to get around pos 10 with a 1.49.5 something
R: A nice start (pic1) where we were driving 2-3 wide in the first corners. Unfortunately when entering T3 I had David in my blind spot. As I turned in T3 we hit and I exited the track. Thanks for waiting, but it looks like a race incident: if I had known you were that close on my inside I would have tried to keep it a bit wider (but there was an other car on the outside already, see pic2)
Then the chasing started: First group ahead where David (who got me back after 2 turns :) ); Neil and Hans (pic 3)
100% focussed and determined I kept my cool, when others spun I pushed through (pic 4) with Neil in my tail.
Then the next group offered themselves (pic 5) : Amir, Knut & Grzegor. It was great to follow them for a few laps, looking where to pass Knut's Mini and seeing Amir & Grzegorz battle it out. In the final lap (I had no clue this was the final lap as I was too excited and focussed) after I had passed Knut, Grzegorz made a small mistake in the final corner (pic 6) making this one of the closest finishes I had pic 7.
Some very great racing here at Laguna: seriously considering to make this my 'hometrack' :D Too bad the second race ended so quickly for me, but at least I can make some improvements in my hardware setup thanks to that harsh lesson. (I hate those DNF's in my ranking :tongue:)

Attachments

• Laguna1.jpg
    Laguna1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Laguna2.jpg
    Laguna2.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Laguna3.jpg
    Laguna3.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Laguna4.jpg
    Laguna4.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Laguna5.jpg
    Laguna5.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Laguna6.jpg
    Laguna6.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Laguna7.jpg
    Laguna7.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 215
Great to get back on track for this, even if I only managed the first race, at least I know I'm not far of the pace now, just my stamina that is in question. I'm beginning to have a very slight regret, not too much you understand ,:tongue: for choosing the Abarth now, I love it and I chose it well before the season started, and Stu actually had my car painted months ago, on the grounds that it is so much fun to drive, didn't expect it to be so fast against the others though so I feel a bit sheepish about it now.:rolleyes:

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back