RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

• Jerome Benard

I think the driver standing on GPCOS is not just because the race at Watkins is a double point race like the league schedule.:wink:

Qualified in 6th place and was off to a clean start. Had some good fun in the first part of the race with Marc and Warren, fighting for 3rd place but they were that bit quicker than me and eventually pulled away. Then Jari started to close and I made my first mistake, letting him slip past into 5th.

I was going along fine until lap 28 when Andreas came up behind and went for an overtake at the entrance to the bus-stop like chicane at the end of the long straight - a bit of a crazy place to do this which put me onto the grass, spinning like mad trying to get back on track which cost me about 30 seconds. Too far back to push for further places so took on some fuel and tyres for the rest of the race, bringing it home in 7th.

Thanks to all who took part and of course the organisers. I just wish I had more free time to dedicate to this league as I was only able to put in proper practice time for three of the races which, of course, were the only three races that I scored points in. I'll miss our Thursday meetings.

I couldn't agree more, it was a pleasure to drive in this league, the spirit in which everyone raced was an example of what a fun League can be. All drivers showed respect to others and races were very clean and friendly.

And the Champ, Peter Gog, fully deserved the overall win, he was the best driver over the whole League.
Congratulations to Jerome for his second placing overall, he showed that he had the skill to keep that powerful Falcon under control on some difficult tracks, well done, you also deserved your runner up spot.

A huge thank you to all who joined us every week and sincere gratitude to Andy and Yoeri for their effort to conceive and run this series. We are all looking forward to another one soon.

Peter Gog wins FIA-TC-65 League 2008.2 (Season Two)

There was no stopping Peter Gog this season. In the RaceDepartment Touring Car '65 league he simply was the most consistent driver of the championship.

http://imageshack.us
Gog crosses the Dijon-Prenois finish line and claims his second win in an equal amount of races.

The season started well for Peter Gog. Even though two Ford Falcons seemed to go for the win in Donington, he nonetheless claimed it as his own and started a three race winning streak. In Dijon and Hockenheim he too managed to leave the competition behind and thus establish a solid lead in the championship, scoring 31 points with three race wins and a pole position.

Then the tougher part of the season started. Gog had to miss out on the fu at Knutstorp, a track made for cars like his Alfa Romeo GTA. The win there went to Warren Dawes, who would eventually finish third in the championship. The next two track were Falcon territory. Monza and Symmons Plains simply have too long straights for non-muscle cars to compete. Both races were won by Yoeri Gijsen, who was closely followed by Jerome Benard in both races as well.

In the seventh championship round Gog could strike back again. The Turagua circuit in Venezuela proved to be good ground to Gog's efforts and thus he claimed his fourth win of the season.

The final race was held at Watkins Glen. An exciting race as double points could be earned there. Nonethless it would be difficult to undo the major gap Gog had managed to create between him and his competitors in the championship. Benard took the win in his Falcon and conquered second place in the championship. Gog sufficed by claiming fourth position and thus became the RDTC65 2008 champion.

Congratulation to Peter Gog, Jerome Benard and Warren Dawes, the Top 3!

Check RD GPCOS for more information!

Congratulations to all of the top runners in this very fine championship! Especially to Peter for his win, great racing!

All in all I really enjoyed this championship as it was very clean and always good fun. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.8%