RDHCS S10 - Testing - 30km (12 laps) - Magny-Cours Nat. / Vairano - Tue 12th Feb 2013

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Thread Open Soon.
magnycoursnat.jpg

vairano.jpg

I only made it right before race 2 started, so I didn't get to qualy and get a valid comparison of my Alpine against the rest of the grid. But I did enough offline testing and agree with Stu about the closeness of this group of cars. It will all depend on the track.

Also, when the lights turned green and I launched, the car in front of me was not visible and I slammed right into it, sorry to whoever this was.

Also, when the lights turned green and I launched, the car in front of me was not visible and I slammed right into it, sorry to whoever this was.

That was me Carlos, no worries mate, I was exceptionally slow at getting off the line in that one.

Found the Healey very stable in both races, very manageable unless you throw it around, and with a surprising amount of grunt in a straight line. Will be an interesting season for sure. Not much to comment on race wise as I was more interested in mucking about with setups, although climbing kerbs in this thing ends up in quite disturbing results...ended up on 2 wheels a couple of times until finally putting it on it's roof:D

The Healey drives good around the Algarve. I was having a good test there yesterday. the power really does help in places...:)
As soon as the club event is over on Thursday I think the server will be up for testing so youl find me on there over the weekend, That is after the Mini event on Friday at the Algarve(race07)..
Me and Tim have joined Bob in there for a bit of fun..
After doing a 80 min race i think iv'e now got the feel for these longer events.. :)

I both love and hate this week, the last week before Round 1.

I hate it because:-
i) its close, but not close enough to be here yet
ii) we get a drop off in Club numbers as people fine tune their League setups
iii) I don't get to practice enough because I'm tied up doing other stuff
iv) I always fear that this is the season that people suddenly become arses, start barging others all over the place and RDHCS becomes like all the other Leagues, full of idiots and penalties/bans

I love it because:-
i) while it's not here yet, it's very close
ii) I can stop worrying about the planning, because it's too late for anything else now
iii) The anticipation and the still not knowing for sure who's quick means anything can happen
iv) I can just be a driver because I won't be helping people out with issues on the night - that was what the Test events were for

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%