RD Star Mazda Series - Season 1 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RACEDEPARTMENT Star Mazda Series

Must be a licensed member.
http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

Season 1

Round 1: Indianapolis Motor Speedaway - Road Course -- March 20th
Round 2: Watkins Glen - Boot -- April 3rd
Round 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course -- April 17th
Round 4: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - May 1st
Round 5: Brands Hatch GP -- May 15th
Round 6: Road Atlanta - Full Course -- May 29th
Round 7: Circuit de SPA Francorchamps - GP Pits -- June 12th
Round 8: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course -- June 26th

*Number of Laps will be posted in race thread
***Dates subject to change

Race Schedule:

Racing Sim: iRacing

Cars: Star Mazda

Setups: Open

Hosted Event Server name: RaceDepartment.com Star Mazda Series

Official Practice: 2 hrs before the event 18:30pm GMT / 1:30pm EST / 10:30pm PST
Registration end is 20:30pm GMT / 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST
***Please be in the hosted event server before this time.

Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - Standing Start
Grid Max - 34 drivers (36 drivers after Round 1)
Fast tows - 1

P2 - 40
P3 - 35
P4 - 31
P5 - 30
P6 - 29
P7 - 28
P8 - 27
P9 - 26
P10 - 25
P11 - 24
P12 - 23
P13 - 22
P14 - 21
P15 - 20
P16 - 19
P17 - 18
P18 - 17
P19 - 16
P20 – 15
P21 – 14
P22 – 13
P23 – 12
P24 – 11
P25 – 10
P26 – 9
P27 – 8
P28 – 7
P29 - 6
P30 - 5
P31 - 4
P32 - 3
P33 - 2
P34 - 1

Pole Position: 5 points
Fastest Lap: 5 points
Most laps led: 5 points

Drop Races: There will be two (2) drop races available throughout the season to allow for real life commitments. The RD Star Mazda Staff understand that things may come up but please make sure before signing up that you will at least be able to attend six (6) out of the eight (8) races.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties:
Please remember, the League staff will only review the first lap of each race as standard procedure - any other incidents must be reported before any review will be undertaken.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the league staff know. Send a PM to either Will Marquez, Kevin Watts, Abdul Ahmed or William Nowell. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

Any accusations or complaints aired in the chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. We simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

First lap penalty: If a driver causes an incident on the first lap of the race resulting in a major damage to another car, he will start from pitlane in the next race entered.

Blue flag: The driver receiving the blue flag is responsible of moving out of the racing line and give way to the lapping car as early as possible. In most situations, the driver receiving the blue flag will be deemed at fault in case of an incident with a front runner unless the incident is caused by the lapping driver's negligence.

Making contact from behind: In most situations a driver causing an incident by making contact from behind will be found guilty and penalized (a blue flag situation is one of the exceptions).

No Shows: If a driver does not post that they will not be attending a certain race. That will be considered a no show. Two or more no shows and the RD Star Mazda Series Staff can possibly remove that driver from league. Please if you are unable to attend a race, a simple post stating that you cannot attend will suffice.

don´t have a clue what is what, but this was in Indy folder

edit: Daytona setup added :redface:

Attachments

• William Nowell - Everyone.sto
    1 KB · Views: 245
  • DJ_Indy.sto
    1 KB · Views: 281
  • DJ_Indy_R.sto
    1 KB · Views: 259
  • DJ_DaytonaR.sto
    1 KB · Views: 274
First, I want to apologize to Karl for taking him out in the first turn. I thought everyone had passed me and I was last in line, and I just DID NOT SEE you slow there on my inside. I'm pretty sure my spotter told me there was a car left, but I didn't believe him, as I was sure I was last and everyone was in front of me. So sorry to ruin your race. I waited there a bit for you to retake the track, but you seemed to have damage, and you left soon after.

No time to practice really, so I was slow. I jumped into David Kus' setup right before the race. I love your setups David. Suit my driving style (or lack of it) perfectly. But I was still slow. I sort of was reeling John in, but wouldn't have passed him if it weren't for a bobble or two on his part. Then a bobble on mine, letting Lars past me, and John was by again as well. Then I blew up my engine downshifting in the bus stop on the LAST LAP! :)

This was, without question, the best league series I've ever raced in my short (1/2 year) online sim racing career. Excellent organization and excellent drivers! I feel very lucky. I never race regular iRacing anymore!

Looking forward to the next one. Thanks all.

And, again, so sorry, Karl.

started practice and after 1h i still could keep the car on track for more then 3 laps
with 15m to go lars shared his setup, man what was i a lucky guy. thx lars

qualified 2nd 0.5 behind lars

made a very bad race start lost a place to someone but after t1 i was again 2nd
my first laps where slow and william was tracking me down fast
let him past at the chicane, then i found a good rithem and started to track down william
lap 9 i was wright under his wing and when we came to the back straight i was beside
hil, idint want to colide so i stayed low but there was a red patch and i spun it :(
cam back on track behind abdul and dario past them in a few laps
with flag was out took it easy and misted the chicane, allmost lost another place to joe

grats to the podium

and congrats to david for taking home the championship

Had some great racing with George. We took turns making mistakes, passing each other. I'd catch him on the road course and he'd pass leave me on the oval part. Would have been a great finish had I not went off on the last lap.
Sorry, Bob, for the touch and spin. I realized, too late, that I shouldn't have been inside you there. I apologize for ruining your race.

Thanks for the apology Phil - I took it easy at the start after a hopeless qualification - was hoping to keep it steady and work my way up.

I saw you there - now with 3 screens but there was plenty of room for both of us and you turned in. These things happen - I made a mistake at Laguna which took Sam out.

I quit to pits - the car was undriveable but after a 2min tow it was still damaged - Is there a way to get a repair ? So I was forced to quit - wheel at 90 degree plus to left and couldn't go straight.

Hope you all had a good race. Great series - really enjoyed it - made me appreciate the Star Mazda which I hadn't really driven until this series.

Thanks Will & Kevin for organising the series - top notch.

Thanks All for the racing.

Great race, i didn't do many laps either but gambled it would work on the charlotte setup. Like the track from numerous other sims, but was very surprised to be up to speed, didn't drove the mazda in a while. Had a good qualy lap and good race start, i was lucky enough to be in a position to manage the gap. Very happy to win the final race to bad i missed one to many , so i think David Kus is the 2011 Star Mazda RD champ gratz David you've deserved it!

I wane thank every body, but with a special note the Mod's of this forum there a great bunch of guys and racing here is always a pleasure.

9th in practice
8th in qualy
6th in race :)

had a good start, went to 6th in first lap, then Will passed me....then next lap I took it back, nice fight Will, was a pleasure.
Abdul catch me on lap 9 and was breathing on my neck b4 that for a few laps, but Pedro went off track so I stayed on 6th position.
Pedro passed me on lap 13 only to go off again on last lap near chicane, so again Abdul and me passed him, thx Pedro :rolleyes:
btw last few laps I was very close to Abdul, finally cathed his draft but he was always faster going out of chicane...finished 0,4 behind him

great race guys, great season, looking forward to next one
thx Will, thx RD

:thanks:

I'm happy with this results (P3), no time to practice on this combo, too many tested NTM ;) as a result my consitency here was bad :/
Lars was today amazing! grats again.

For my this season was a little unlucky, I lost win at Charlotte and very good position at Laguna, still I won Champ.
What happened to Sam?

Finally, Thanks Will and Kevin for League! I hope see you in the new season :)

btw. sorry for my english ;)

Sorry, Bob, for the touch and spin. I realized, too late, that I shouldn't have been inside you there. I apologize for ruining your race.

No problem Glenn, just a racing incident. You didn't ruin anything, just an unfortunate string of events. I didn't know @ the time it caused damage and I waited on the infield for the field to pass before reentering the track. Unfortunately, where the spin put me was on the the other side of the corner and I got black flagged for cutting the corner. I then immediate realized the car was undriveable and did a fast tow. Between sitting on the infield, the 3 minute fast tow, the repairs time, and still having to serve a black flag it just put me too far back in a 20 lap race to think about coming back. On the bright side, I got in a couple of practice sessions this week I qualified quite well.

I want to congratulate both the race and championship podiums. I especially want to thank Will for making the hardware suggestion that eliminated my monitor blanking out problem and for his brilliant organization and administration of the league. It was a ton of fun and I can;t wait for the next one to be announced. (did I see a reference to a possible mixed oval-road series in the Indy car in an RD post?? :) )

Great race everyone, what a way to finish up the series. I've ran this track serveral times in the DP so I knew it well and really liked it. I started 4th on the grid behind Joe. Things jumped right into high gear as I was able to get up under Joe in T3 and it was on. Joe gifted me some breathing room at the chicane and left me to try to close the gap to Pedro. I was able to catch and pass Pedro and was almost able to break the draft but one missed brake point allowed him to get on my bumper. My spotter says "a car to my left" and then "all clear", as I see Pedro in my mirror off roading. Once again another gift, it felt like Christmas, thanks guys. By this point Lars had a 4 second gap on me and was pulling a couple of tenths each lap. With David 4 seconds behind me I just wanted focus on clean fast laps and manage the gap to bring it home in 2nd. Thanks to the RD staff for all the great fun, thanks to everyone that came out to race, and most of all I want to thank Dario, Will, Eric, and Joe in that order since that is the order that you finished behind me in the series.:tongue:

ok guys, I've had a few computer hickups today after the race. I have been spending time backing files up and will have that finished up just shortly. I will be formatting this thing first thing in the morning and hope to have everything back up and running by mid-afternoon tomorrow. That said I will not have the pictorial up tonight like I usually do but I will have it on here by tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline