RD iRacing Oval Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 (RDINDY'12) | Intro & Info
iroadkopie.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to the the second running of the RaceDepartment Indy 500 in iRacing. Last season saw a huge turn-out of drivers that gathered to pick up the virtual bottle of milk. Lots of crashes painted the picture of the first half of the race; close fighting dominated the second half. This year we're looking to go bigger and better than last year, so go get that FREE RaceDepartment Licensed Membership and sign-up for this annual high-speed thrill!

2m608bm.png

OFFICIAL RESULTS
REPLAY - Complete
REPLAY - Part 1
REPLAY - Part 2
Event schedule
  • Date: Sunday 20 May 2012
  • Open practice: 15:00 GMT (80 minutes)
  • Qualification: 16:20 GMT, 1 lap, lone qualifyer (10 minutes)
  • Race: 16:30 GMT, 200 laps, 500 miles (270 minutes)
  • Car: Dallara IndyCar
  • Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Indy Oval
  • Server farm: NL-Ams
  • Starting type: standing
  • Fast tows: Unlimited
  • Cautions: full course cautions on
  • Restarts: single file
  • Racers/server: 33 (possibly extended to 55)
  • Hardcore level: Disable all driving aids (but clutch assist ok)
How to join?
  1. Apply for a free RaceDepartment Licensed Membership here
  2. Sign up for the RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 here
Important links

Sorry to mislead you all but the fastest i managed was a 41.5, wishful thinking saying i got a 40.5. :D
Kinda shocked me there lol. Started with 42's and then improved your time 1.5s, not bad.

For some reason my qualifying times have died. My best is 40.275, but yesterday when I qualified for the official race I couldn't beat 40.408, but at the same time a 40.275 is a great lap for a person with my iRating so is there any chance iRacing changed something right before this week started?

probably not, but ur still way out of my league... i'm running very consitant laptimes and my last race i finished 3rd, but i cant get below 41.0 in race. best lap so far is 40.9 i think in practice...

however i've done two races today and i must say this is a great track. long green flag runs and constant fighting, multiple lane choices and you always have to be aware of whats going on around you. BRING ME SATURDAY!!! :D

over and out, Linus :)

In my first race I'm having better luck passing/defending by running the outside line because you have more speed out of the corner. Both work fine, but the way you drive will dictate whether the inside line or outside line works better for that.

Yeah I experience the same thing. Spent somewhere around 10 - 15 laps just waiting for the guy infront of me to give me just a little bit of room on the outside, but he never did.Ended up trying the inside and got lose on the exit of turn 4 and spun him out. Luckily he didn't hit anything so after the caution we just kept racing til he ran out of fuel on the last lap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%