RD Formula Pro Series S2 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also my congratulations to Ventis and of course Eric, too! Well deserved for both of them.

I can tell you i'm very proud to have done a regular pass on Ventis on the track. Shame on me my car was much lighter and on softer tires...
(But is it important?):tits:

Thanks guys, however as I told it already to Mitch and Joao they both deserve the Championship more than I do. Joao won 4 out of the 7 races!! but had some bad luck at Spa and Paul Ricard. Mitch was 11pts ahead of me before Nurby (with 2 wins) and made a couple of mistakes:( I have not won a single race all season:(

As for the relegation between div1 and div2... it might not be as simple:) you will learn more soon.

What a modest guy. :wink2:
Who has the most points at the end of the season is the deserved champion. :)
For me i reached my goal. Top 8 finish.
Could a have been better without the disco at Monza and the abscence in Germany.
But i am happy with it. Only to bad Will Marquez showed up. Before that TBR was steady 3. :D

What do you think about the cars?
Everything is OK about them, they're great to race.
What do you think about the variable weather?
I didn't like rain but it certainly brings some excitement to the pack:)
What do you tihnk about the choice of tracks?
They were not my favourites, but I don't mind because everyone has different favourites. The most important thing was OK about them, they had different characteristics, so we had both relatively slow and fast tracks.
What do you think about the race length?
All fine with real F1 race lenght.
What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
No problem with that.
What could we do better?
Don't know. For me only the time of the race that could be better, because of my private life, I can't really race on weekends. But I know weekdays can bring some problems because of different timezones.
What else do you have to say about this season?
Nothing special, it was great!

I really love F1 cars, all kind there is, and also this MMG mod.
They are hard as h... to drive really fast with, but so it should be since this is the top class all kind.
I really have had a lots of down's, and not so many up's, and really have felt that these are some fragile beasts knocking a wheel of for any simple mistake.
But looking back, even since I have done my all time worst season since I started SIM-racing (and I'm old you know...) I don't regret entering the league a bit.
In the last days I have gone back to do some small races in other classes and I realize (from seeing the competitors in the rear mirror) that i probably have learnt a lot and improved my general driving skills significantly during this last season.

I really like the changing weather itself, even if it makes it harder to finish the races, it gives a nice reality touch to it all and ads a surprise factor.
But I don't like it being presented in advance making it possible to some (who have the skill and/or resources) to practice under real conditions.

What do you think about the choice of tracks?
Just fine, love some and dislike some, but that's the way it is and should be.

Just great. The racers should be as long as the possibility to keep the concentration up is a factor as well as different pit stop strategies.
But said that I would not mind like to see some "sprint race" during the season, maybe featuring 2 or 3 races on different tracks in a row. Last race result sets the grid for the next race or something ..... (if possible ?)

If you find the right team mate its perfect to have teams, you could practice and work on strategies and setups together. But that is only possible if you know each other in advance, are similarly fast, have the same driving style, are equally committed etc, etc.
It's also a big spread between the top and bottom in each division, and grouping racers into the "right" division is even harder since drivers (of different skills) are teamed up together.

What could we do better?
In general not much, it's really great and the most serious one I ever been close to, but some small things mentioned above

Eric..... can't thank you enough for making it possible.... :good:

There are a great challenge and very enjoyable to drive.

Seemed fine to me, the weather worked well, and the added challenge of the weather really made the race seem a more realistic proporsition.

There were some good choices, but I wouldn't say I like them all but that is just driver preference, but all good for racing.

I find it it is a bit too long for my like but considering we cannot make pit stops more realistic this is the only way to balance the stint battle.

Well this my 1st time I actually had to join a team to race in a league, I don't really have any preference to either way, but the only slight problem is that the better drivers may not be in the top division due to the team.
And in a competion we really want to be racing agaist ppl at the similar level.

What could we do better?
get rid of the top 10 qualy it doesn't serve as any porpuse, as they do not carry the fuel to the race, and were not worried about the entretaiment value of ppl wacthing, as in real F1.

Make it sligthly longer 10 races I would say, but for the rest it's all gooooood. :)

The cars are the greatest,funnyest and hardest cars i ever drove,and this makes them to be in 1st place for me.:)

A variable weather makes a more interesting competition and bring us more close to reality.I totaly agree and i liked the way wather changed in this season,but i think a little too much rain.

The traks remain at the organisators choice but whatever those traks are,the competition between drivers is the same.I think that fits much better to have the real F1 traks in the league.

I liked that you choosed a number of laps that corespond with real races.:) Good thing.And no,aren't too long.Best drivers allways make it.

In my opinion,allways will be more exciting if the league is formed only from teams.The pleasure is bigger if you are in a team and you know that your teammate it's with you and is fighting for the team.

What could we do better?

Plus 1 Bruno Sousa Ferreria.I don't see the advantage of TOP10 Quali.

I have enjoyed this incredible season even when i didn't make at least one race to the end...different problems,most of them my PC. :(
But like i was saying,with all of this problems i still liked the league and smell the competition. :)

Amazing! Until this mod i tried many other F1 mods and evre got disappointed! The cars were ever glued to the tarmac and had no feelable and therefore controllable boarder area. I almost gave up hopes. I never thought, that an F1 mod could become my favourite one for a not foreseeable time... Please let the cars as they are (in terms of physics)

Makes it harder but is interesting. But like in real life most of the races should be dry.
About the forecast i agree with others here. No one should be able to practice the exact race weather. If rain is anounced everyone is free to practice in the rain offline.
If you want to have a rainy practice server before a rainy event, make it with a random rainy weather.

All fine. The challange between the guys is everywhere the same.

The two races i toke place in (Istanbul and Nurburgring, finished both) were ok but close to my limit. Shouldn't be shorter but also not much longer. After the 95 mins at the nurburgring i had some pain here and there :freaked-out:, mostly in the wrists of my hands.

Driving in teams and having two divisions is realy cool. I only see a problem for the staff if they want a relegation system between the divisons from one season to another. Where to sort in new teams? Put newcomers in Div2 by standard just to see their drivers have the skills for Div1? I have no clue on this.
I think the staff should line up the divisons by their knowledge about the drivers skills. Maybe newcomers should abmit at least a hotlap file for 3 different tracks...

What could we do better?

Instead of top 10 qualy a superpole for top 10? I understand that backmarkers don't like a second qualy session, but i think that the top 10 deserves that extra piece of excitement.
I think a superpole would be worth starting the broadcast.

Despite the fact i only did two races as a reserve driver, i ever felt deeply involved here. I had so much fun testing and hot lapping before each event just because the mod is so much fun! Eventually i could help Peter and Nico here and there.
Comparing my laptimes with real guys was much more fun than challenging the poor AI somewhere else.

I'm very happy to be part of this league since the first beta test events with this mod. And i'm more happy to see how it all developed!

I'm realy looking forward to S2 and hope to manage to step in as a regular driver.

thx to RD and MMG!

I run Only 2 races but i want also say something for trying to be usefull to the admins

The cars are really nice fast and they give you a good feedback and a good grip

i love variable weather, but it would be better if we don't know the real weather for the event but only some things so it would be really fun and more realistic!! ;)

for me the tracks aren't a problem, because i don't know any track (i know only few of them) so every race for me is always a challange!!! :D
so just choose the tracks where you think that this cars are better and where the drivers can doing a lot of fights!!! ;) a race is more fun when drivers fights each other for a spot!!! ;)

a real long race is good!!! ;) the only thing that ruins that is the long pitstop system of gtr evo.... :(

teams are a good idea, you can help a bit each other and also find friends and have a lot of fun......but another thing is that the divisions must be formed by drivers with the same skill level

What could we do better?

maybe only one qualy and not 2 qualy and a more short warmup, so we can spare some time......another thing is to do a race every week, so the season would have more tracks and more races, and maybe use fixed setup instead free setup for testing the real driving skill.......(but fixed setups are not compatible with changable weather)

for me was too much short because i join too late the season.....but it was really nice for me driving here!!! ;)

The cars are brilliant! MMG did a really good job!
The variable weather is good, although I personally would prefer it that no one knows what weather it exactly will be, that it is more a surprise.
Now everyone could completely plan their tactics because they knew when it would start to rain, when it would dry up etc.
In real life they have to plan their tactics in the race and I would like to see that back in season 2 as well.
The tracks are a good choice and next season the same kind of tracks must be used as well, the best thing would be if it would be real F1 tracks.
The race length is exactly good, don't make it longer or shorter.
The league setup for this year needs no change in next season in my opinion.
What could we do better?
I can't really think of anything except what I said about the weather.
It was an absolutely brilliant championship and I really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to next season!

At first, it felt so... wow, these babies are sensitive!!! My first few laps at A1-Ring were a struggle, coming from the F3000.
But very soon the sensations were there and I knew I had reached the point of no return... :)
No way I could go back to driving F3k!!! I love these F1 monsters too much!!!

It definitely spices things up a bit... and forces us to drive in different conditions and adapt our driving and strategy as conditions change.

I like to know the weather forecast two weeks in advance, not necessarily in detail but globally, because I feel it's just not realistic to show up for the race and have no clue about what's going to happen. We all know how hard it is to harness the power of these babies in wet conditions so coming unprepared (which will happen if we don't know the forecast as people will not necessarily practice for all possible conditions) is just a recipee for disaster and ruining the races of others that are prepared.
Having the weather only a couple days before the race does not help either. We all have different schedules, different commitments, and this means that those of us with free time to practice on thursday and friday will have a clear advantage when race comes. Having the forecast two weeks early means that everybody will get a chance to practice in race conditions and be prepared mentally and technically just like real Formula One drivers are informed of the probable race conditions (and unlike us, have nothing else to worry about...)
On the other hand, maybe the forecast could be a bit less precise: It could be fun to know there will be a rain shower... but not necessarily when exactly it will happen... :)

It's great. The more real F1 tracks, the better. Obviously we all have preferences and some tracks suit us better than others, but so do real F1 drivers. Just look at Raikonnen and his secondary residence in Spa... :)

We want realistic? We want F1 tracks for F1 cars? So we also want real race length!!!
Too bad the pitstops take so damn long...

Good to have teams with paired up drivers of matching strengths and who can practice together. It was great for me to be able to practice with my teammate Will during this first season. It's fun and accelerates the improvement rate. Plus it builds bonds that makes you more dedicated when it comes to being well prepared for each race as we push each other to get better.

What could we do better?

For Quali, I do like the idea of Superpole but only for Top 5. It's fun to shake things around and have the possibility of a different result in Q2, but it takes so very little to mess up your lap, I don't think it's a good idea for a really fast driver who got best lap in Q1 to be pushed all the way back to 10th...

For the weather, we should keep it variable but maybe less detailed if that's possible, so that we know globally what the weather will be like but not exactly when weather conditions might change. This would add a dimension of uncertainty to the race. However, I think this should only happen on a couple of races. Doing it too often would penalize some well deserving drivers and the championship ranking would lose its meaning by not reflecting the true quality of the drivers.

I wish I had been more consistent and less concerned with pace early in the season. Too much hot lapping, not enough race set-up laps...That cost me valuable championship points in Monza and Spa.
Other than that, it was brilliant to be able to concentrate on finishing races and battling with all you guys. :)
We should all be thankful for the level of dedication and amount of work put in by the league manager.
It's not because he's my brother (poor guy... lol) but Eric did a great job at coordinating everything in order to make sure everything would run smooth.
Thanks to Günthar and all the mod developers for their hard work, thanks to Douglas for the cool flyers and Simon for the commentaries despite some technical difficulties.

What else can I say about season 1? Let's roll on to season 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%