Rally - Trouble in Paradise? - Monday 14th & Tuesday 15th January 2013

A very short event for me aswell. I went out after 100 meters on ss1, when I put my foot on the brake nothing happened :O_o: Did a very good ss2, then disaster struck on ss3, ss4, ss5 and ss6 before I called it a day :p

I have always used wd40, for all things electrical untill helping my mate with some wiring issues in his toyota. I read somewhere someone saying that contact cleaner is (obviously) the correct thing to use.(and how bad wd40 is for contacts etc)

Suprisingly I did NOT ignore this and bought some contact cleaner... I now would never be without a can!

So if you are cleaning contacts etc use the right product!

Looks like I missed a good one, will have to fix my rsrbr install and start driving on these stages, sounds promising! And not a lot of complaints about the game crashing, so it looks like we'll have an interesting championship this season :)

Hrmm, so-so rally for me - but I had fun!

I really enjoyed those Czech stages, even if I wasn't terribly fast on them. Unfortunately on SS2 I overshoot a hairpin and hit spectators, costing me some time. Then in SS3 I got lost near the beginning :o.

All throughout a weird timer glitch occurred, where normally it counts down time to next stage (normally like 3-4 minutes between stages) the time showed some excessively large number (millions of minutes), I went to get a glass of water, and I suddenly found myself "retired" on SS4, never starting it.

I continued with SS5, pushing hard and spun just metres from the finish, resulting in a cfh.
Hit a spectator on SS6 (really struggled on this stage, the car kept sliding into the embankments), but went through SS7 clean and with no problems.

Then in SS8 I hit a tree and retired.

I'll have a look through the rallyesim forums tomorrow and see if the timer issue is a known one, and whether it's client-side and there's a fix, or what.

Did you also get the timer glitch occuring, Jack? I saw you were in the same session (and very fast on the first three Czech stages! :p)

Well, first time I've done a great rally in a very long time, only to be let down by Humualamaki saying I was retired, even though I didnt even do the stage! (and even with the normal timer, I would have had at least 15 mins to spare.)
Very disappointed by that, it was a marvellous and quick (for me) rally!

but in the end, I'm not that phased as that was the whole point of the rally, to find problems.
Congrats to whoever wins, we will definitely be seeing the Czech stages more :)
Thanks guys for setting the sessions/rally up, much appreciated!

and yes I did experience the time glitch, has done it every now and again ever since I can remember.
Maybe thats why Humualamaki retired me?

Overall Rally Results

6Xvpz.png

Congrats Fernando, Paul and Jack

Stage wins:
Fernando Agapito: 7 stage wins
Jack Hintz: 1 stage win

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Weee, I was second fastest on the one stage I actually got to the end on :D
Congratulations to Fernando, Paul and Jack :)

Thanks to Senad for the work on the results again, really appreciate the help :)

Check back in the forum later on tonight for next weeks rally, as we will decrease the engine size, but increase the power ;)

If I read it correctly, that timing issue cost me the win O_o
well that sucks :p haha
Good to know my times were competitive though, stoked about that ^^

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years