Rally Special - Marathon - Monday 18th & Tuesday 19th February 2013

That's it for me. Killed my car in invisible wall both on SS6 & SS7. Not nice you know,
Started badly too because didn't realise that SS2-4 were wet. Didn't know dry gravel tyres had so little grip on wet asphalt... Aquaplaning at 40km/h :thumbsdown:

Very good rally, long stages are such a challenge.

Bit of a recap:
SS1: Warm up, nothing too fancy
SS2-4: Tip for the next: don't forget to put on the wet/intermediate tyres from stage 1!! I literally had no grip on wet tarmac in the last stage with the hard tyres, it was hell. Bad times for all three stages.
SS5: Aside from a little detour off road, it went smooth, I didn't take too many risks.
SS6: One of my favorites :) Flat out
SS7: I don't really like this one but it is OK. I managed to finish
SS8: Another one of my favorites :) Almost flat out, had a bit of a moment at km 20 and decided to go a bit more carefully afterwards
SS9: Boring
SS10: Went through the man made chicane a bit too fast and damaged the engine :mad:

Overall satisfied

I've finished my rally and it wasn't a pretty one, just as I suspected it would be.... Still need a lot more experience to drive these cars :notworthy:

SS1 - The W:

Lovely, short, fast and an interesting twist to it, a lot more fun the Micro machines and the night gave me a quicker time than day with this car :coffee:

SS2 -. Sweet Lamb II:

I like the "normal" Sweet Lamb and I did enjoy practicing this stage offline. But as I thought, the "Medium Left" where the road goes bumpy on you, I hit that wrong and it sent the car flying right instead of left into the weeds and hello said the invisable wall. The engine was still going but it had no power to drag it anywhere, this happened more times during the rally :thumbsdown:

SS3 - Humalamaki:

The stage loaded allright this time around. With the retirement on SS2 I wasn't allowed to set a time but I was allowed to run the stage :unsure:

Was close to crash it a few times and went off once almost cleaning the car up again missing a tree with very small margin :D

SS4 - Gran Canaria:

Another stage where I wasn't allowed to set a time but did finish, was 3 seconds slower than Roy, so happy, especially as I was taking it overly easy at places :D

SS5 - Mont Herman:

Had never driven the stage but what a pig of a stage to be honest :mad:

Managed to get through it after a few caffuffles and some bad tree objects (the boxes were slightly too big at one place :whistling: ) which gave me about 90% of the stage ran with a broken windshield, which was quite irritating as I couldn't see exactly where I was going :confused:

SS6 - Pikes Peak:

Nothing like Rally Challanges' Pikes Peak but it was very enjoyable. Was a complete change from MH which was nice to see and a very nice flow in the stage, just too bad I had never driven the stage before so I had an idea of how it would be :unsure:

Got through it about 30 seconds slower than Damien :unsure:

SS7 - Alahala Reverse:

I was, compered to the other chaps who did the stage, flying on the stage until I came through about 20 seconds from the finish of the stage and missed a 90 Left and followed the big road without any warning and a invisible wall ended my run, I expect it's the same that Tapio mentions.... Could have been a very good stage time :(

Might have helped yet again if I had run the stage before :unsure:

SS8 - Ouninpohja:

Oh, well hello there I said when I saw it. Didn't expect to see it so soon, and it welcomed me with open arms :)

Was on a good run until I came across, after the place I went off in the Micro Machines rally (hit the same tree but was able to get the rear end into it instead of the front :D ) over a crest with a big farm field on both sides and I started rolling..... After what felt like 12 rounds, which means it was about 6-8 from experience..... I landed on me wheels and got going again with a broken windshield and a very crabbing car....

Survived another couple of Ks before a fast left saw me in the ditch and on the side I couldn't brake nor avoid the trees coming towards me and stage over. Me and Ouninpohja doesn't work well together :(

SS9 - Vontovorona:
What a stage. Fast, flowing and deadly :roflmao:

I experienced that when I, first overshot a fast left going over into a K Left and I tried to rejoined in the middle of that Left and I went over some bank/fencing rolling the bastard again, beaching it on the opposite bank :(
Got a further 30 metrs as there was a hidden "bridge" that was massive concrete and I of course hit it in my frustration and stress and stage over :mad:

SS10 - Alahala:
Have no idea how good the stage time was but it was almost completely free of misstakes, missed one corner and almost said hello to a tree but only lost 2 seconds or so and the rest of the stage was almost clean, had a stop where the 90 left and the gate was dangerously close to ending my rally :confused:

Survived that and was overjoyed to see the finish line of at least one more of the long stages :D

Thank you very much for putting this on, was enjoyable even with the misstakes and the night stages was very fun :)

As I said, I need more experience to drive these cars but it was very good fun :thumbsup:

I've finished my rally and it wasn't a pretty one, just as I suspected it would be.... Still need a lot more experience to drive these cars :notworthy:

SS1 - The W:

Lovely, short, fast and an interesting twist to it, a lot more fun the Micro machines and the night gave me a quicker time than day with this car :coffee:

SS2 -. Sweet Lamb II:

I like the "normal" Sweet Lamb and I did enjoy practicing this stage offline. But as I thought, the "Medium Left" where the road goes bumpy on you, I hit that wrong and it sent the car flying right instead of left into the weeds and hello said the invisable wall. The engine was still going but it had no power to drag it anywhere, this happened more times during the rally :thumbsdown:

SS3 - Humalamaki:

The stage loaded allright this time around. With the retirement on SS2 I wasn't allowed to set a time but I was allowed to run the stage :unsure:

Was close to crash it a few times and went off once almost cleaning the car up again missing a tree with very small margin :D

SS4 - Gran Canaria:

Another stage where I wasn't allowed to set a time but did finish, was 3 seconds slower than Roy, so happy, especially as I was taking it overly easy at places :D

SS5 - Mont Herman:

Had never driven the stage but what a pig of a stage to be honest :mad:

Managed to get through it after a few caffuffles and some bad tree objects (the boxes were slightly too big at one place :whistling: ) which gave me about 90% of the stage ran with a broken windshield, which was quite irritating as I couldn't see exactly where I was going :confused:

SS6 - Pikes Peak:

Nothing like Rally Challanges' Pikes Peak but it was very enjoyable. Was a complete change from MH which was nice to see and a very nice flow in the stage, just too bad I had never driven the stage before so I had an idea of how it would be :unsure:

Got through it about 30 seconds slower than Damien :unsure:

SS7 - Alahala Reverse:

I was, compered to the other chaps who did the stage, flying on the stage until I came through about 20 seconds from the finish of the stage and missed a 90 Left and followed the big road without any warning and a invisible wall ended my run, I expect it's the same that Tapio mentions.... Could have been a very good stage time :(

Might have helped yet again if I had run the stage before :unsure:

SS8 - Ouninpohja:

Oh, well hello there I said when I saw it. Didn't expect to see it so soon, and it welcomed me with open arms :)

Was on a good run until I came across, after the place I went off in the Micro Machines rally (hit the same tree but was able to get the rear end into it instead of the front :D ) over a crest with a big farm field on both sides and I started rolling..... After what felt like 12 rounds, which means it was about 6-8 from experience..... I landed on me wheels and got going again with a broken windshield and a very crabbing car....

Survived another couple of Ks before a fast left saw me in the ditch and on the side I couldn't brake nor avoid the trees coming towards me and stage over. Me and Ouninpohja doesn't work well together :(

SS9 - Vontovorona:
What a stage. Fast, flowing and deadly :roflmao:

I experienced that when I, first overshot a fast left going over into a K Left and I tried to rejoined in the middle of that Left and I went over some bank/fencing rolling the bastard again, beaching it on the opposite bank :(
Got a further 30 metrs as there was a hidden "bridge" that was massive concrete and I of course hit it in my frustration and stress and stage over :mad:

SS10 - Alahala:
Have no idea how good the stage time was but it was almost completely free of misstakes, missed one corner and almost said hello to a tree but only lost 2 seconds or so and the rest of the stage was almost clean, had a stop where the 90 left and the gate was dangerously close to ending my rally :confused:

Survived that and was overjoyed to see the finish line of at least one more of the long stages :D

Thank you very much for putting this on, was enjoyable even with the misstakes and the night stages was very fun :)

As I said, I need more experience to drive these cars but it was very good fun :thumbsup:

great write up, i forgot to download btb , 13 minutes left to download and 17 minutes till start of rally , blind stages for me aswel:O_o:

Well I botched that up. Accidentally closed interface as it started. When it opened I was at SS2 then managed to close again and session is no longer available for me. Maybe I'll try again in the US session.

ss1 - wet tyres ready for the next 4 stages but it was not to bad

ss2 - my pc does not like rain at night, horrible lag and kicked me out:(

ss3 - pc still laggy but got me through this stage , this impreza has horrible suspension

ss4 - very slippery but lots of sideways , spin on last corner but still could not match Myrvold

ss5 - wow what a long stage , pacenotes are not that accurate dont you think?

ss6 - good nothing much to say , good battle with Myrvold but a very fast time by magnar

ss7 - damn it, thats my first time on this stage and that 90left 16km in caught me out ,, bummer

ss8 - crashed out

ss9 - another crash

ss10 - im lucky to get through that stage alive

i really enjoyed that rally but im not a fan of btb tracks, the handling varies from stage to stage.

thankyou

Haven't had any practice asides from a quick running of The W, and about a quarter of the Madagascar stage. Gonna take it easy.

SS1 - Wow, really surprised at the lack of longitudinal grip with wet tyres. Quite slow on this stage, very early braking. Accidentally shifted to neutral at the first hairpin. Whoops :p.
SS2 - Ugh, not good, understeer everywhere, and my car kept getting diverted by bumps. Retired at the penultimate corner, shot straight into a tree.
SS3 - Rolled midway through, landed upside down so needed a CFH. Need to concentrate more...
SS4 - That Tarmac was like ice. Went OK, not terribly fast, but no major incidents. Bring on the dry stages!

SS5 - Whew, did not enjoy that one. The pacenotes seemed like they were made by 2 different people, some of the 3s were fast, some were slow. Took it pretty easy on this stage, but I like Pike's Peak, so I'm looking forward to the next.
SS6 - ...I went off road just before the end, drove back onto the road, slide down a incline and hit the yellow signs signalling the end is just ahead. Welp, that sign broke my car.
SS7 - Very bad frame rates, nigh unplayable. Smacked into a rock shortly after first split. Ouninpohja will be my last stage I think, the Madagascar is too laggy for me.
SS8 - Tree. :x

Well, that's one to forget I think.

As always though, taking away things to learn:
Practice really is important, especially on different conditions.
Test new BTB stages.

And in keeping with lesson number 1, time to practice for Monaco. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%