Rally - Real Rally Challenge - Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th November 2012

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
"Real Rally Challenge"
Mon 26th & Tues 27th November 2012
PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2012, (UPDATE 07) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT
Time to debut with the RRC cars on various stages, providing a challenge.
Tsjoen-DS3-RRC.jpg

Sessions: RD RRC EUX / RD RRC EU / RD RRC USX/ RD RRC US / RD RRC OC

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.
PLEASE NOTE: If you request an additional Session to be created, you must sign up and make the request at least 12 hours before the requested start time. Late requests will not be accepted.

Car Pack: N4_S2000_2 (You must choose between the RRC cars; Citroën DS3 RRC, Ford Fiesta RRC and MINI RRC)

Damage: Realistic

SS01 - Finland - Kaihuvaara - Normal mod, Day, Good conditions
SS02 - World Stages - Karlstad - Normal mod, Day, Bad conditions

SS03 - Czeck Republic - Pribram - Gravel mod, Day, Bad conditions
SS04 - World Stages - Rally Poland - Normal mod, Day, Good conditions

SS05 - World Stages - PTD Rallysprint - Normal mod, Day, Light Fog
SS06 - Australia - Mineshaft - Tarmac mod, Day, Good conditions

SS07 - BTB Finland - Savo - Normal mod, Day, Good conditions
SS08 - World Stages - Swiss Tarmac - Normal mod, Day, Bad Conditions

OCX Start: 09:00 GMT Monday*
EUX Start: 17:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 20:00 GMT Monday *
USX Start: 01:00 GMT Tuesday (8PM Eastern Time, Monday) *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EDST) *
EUY Start: 17:00 GMT Tuesday *

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.

If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.
* EUX, EU, USX, US, and OC events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it may not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2012 Mod & Update 06, in order to participate, please see theInstallation and Usage thread.
  • You will also require the N4_S2000_2 car pack.
  • You will also need the BTB Finland pack.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2012 Name) - Session. Include your car choice.
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:
Please Note: You must choose a RRC car! Do not choose any S2000 car!.
  1. Fernando Agapito - Fernando A. - OC
  2. Manuel De Samaniego - MDSP - EU
  3. Jack Hintz - StealthSCG - OC
  4. John Cunningham - HH_BF1 - EU
  5. Emil Pribanić - PRIBANIC Emil - EU
  6. Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EU
  7. Sion Williams - RS Williams - EU
  8. Chelton Nunes - Cheltonjr - EUX
  9. Teemu Toikka - tesnaukki - EUY
  10. Robert McCracken - Yokelhama - OCX
  11. Xosé Estrada - Nuberu - EU
  12. Tapio Rinneaho - TTupsi - OC
  13. Timo Hakkarainen -Saku72- EUX
  14. Henri Korpela - henkka k - EU
  15. Tony Gentile -Tony Gee - EU
  16. Magnus Lindgren - magnuslindgren - EU
  17. Andrew Koojo - andyone - EUY
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

When the new RRC cars arrived, some thought it was the start of a new though rally era. With some Real Rally Challenges again, and therefor the RRC name. This was not the case, however. That doesn't stop us from making a virtual Real Rally Challenge with the RRC cars!

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. Please Note: This rally features a couple of unusual challenges for the rally club. There are two and two stages between the services and tyre changes. This means that on stage 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8 you have to make a choice on which tyres you are going to use. You cannot get the perfect tyre choice for every stage!

2. This car is 4WD and handling should be familiar to those used to WRC cars. However, the RRC cars have less top speed.

3. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

4. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2012, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for Snow Stages.

5. Please ensure to install the all the packs needed. This includes the N4_2000_2 Car Pack, and the BTB Finland stages. All links can be found in the first post by clicking on the name of the pack you want to download.

6. There is a NEW password for both the servers(sessions) and teamspeak. Please check it out here!

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

And with this post! The sign up is open! :)

Overall Rally Results

YaUA9.jpg

DWJEF.png

Congrats Manuel, Fernando and Timo

Stage wins:
Manuel Samaniego: 5 stage wins
Fernando Agapito: 2 stage wins
Timo Hakkarainen: 1 stage win

Jeff Feaker was driving a Mini S2000.

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Roy and Ole for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Sion Williams - RS Williams - EU

Just a little note, ignore this if I have read it wrong but RRC doesn't stand for 'Real Rally Challenge', it's 'Regional Rally Car'. The class was created to compete at National level (IRC, APRC, MERC etc.). But if the owners wanted to do a WRC event, they could convert them to a full on WRC car in a day with a different restrictor, engine map and some areo tweaks. Again if I'm wrong, ignore!

Just a little note, ignore this if I have read it wrong but RRC doesn't stand for 'Real Rally Challenge', it's 'Regional Rally Car'. The class was created to compete at National level (IRC, APRC, MERC etc.). But if the owners wanted to do a WRC event, they could convert them to a full on WRC car in a day with a different restrictor, engine map and some areo tweaks. Again if I'm wrong, ignore!

You've either read it a bit wrong, or my somewhat limited English has made it a bit tricky.
I do know that RRC is 'Regional Rally Car'. However, I'm a big fan of the thougher rallier from the late 80's early 90's, and when I first read about the new "RRC cars", I hoped in my simple mind, that it would be more challenge :) And that's why this is the "Real Rally Challenge" :)

Manuel De Samaniego I'm unsure, it's a BTB stage, and longer BTB stages sometimes gets a bit laggy on some systems. Hopefully someone else has some tips.

You've either read it a bit wrong, or my somewhat limited English has made it a bit tricky.
I do know that RRC is 'Regional Rally Car'. However, I'm a big fan of the thougher rallier from the late 80's early 90's, and when I first read about the new "RRC cars", I hoped in my simple mind, that it would be more challenge :) And that's why this is the "Real Rally Challenge" :)

Yeah I read it wrong! My bad, yeah I'm a fan of that type of event to! (In fact there's an event this weekend on the Scotland/England Border that would be right up you street! The Roger Albert Clark Rally, look it up!)

I do like the idea though, it's not all flat out, some skill needed!

Don't worry about your English, isn't my first language either! :D

Sion

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back