Rally / Offroad racing

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Would this be something that can be properly simulated with this physics engine of Kunos?

No I do not want to. RBR was great for the time being but its now 10 years old. Looks dated and you can hardly call it an integrated game anymore but more a completely hacked software.

I am looking for a one stop solution in AC where I would like to get both my circuit and offroad racing kicks.

Got too many outdated racing games on my shelves already :) Time for next gen stuffies.

@Stelios Fevgatos thanks I did not know that.

It's not the looks that are important Bram! It's the inside! :whistling:

But it would be awesome, not as a rally game. I do think it would need too much work to get some actual good rallying into the game, that they are better of releasing a stand-alone.
However, a working gravel physic, with working tires etc. would be a fantastic, magnificent, awesome stepping stone into the world of rallycross (talking rallycross, not x-gamecross)!
I still have a dream of a "Pre- Gr.B era to Rallycross Specials" simracing mod/game! :)

If you have missed, here is a quote from my conversation with Simone long time ago:

Surfaces:

Point to point races (hill-climb, rally..) are possible. There is a time control system for it.

Physics for gravel (if you want to make a rally stage) is "particular". You can make materials and change grip, sound, bumpiness, but not be able to simulate wheel "dig" or abrasiveness as in RBR. Bumpiness is a simple wave function (to be used ONLY on grass and gravel traps). The track surface uses a highly detailed physical model so no need for bumpiness. But of course it all depends from the artist.

in other words, AC is a tarmac simulator. You can try making gravel tracks, but will probably not be more than what you can currently do in rFactor.

On the other hand, he pointed out several times that what happens after 1.0 depends what community requests and what's reasonably possible to do/upgrade.

On the other hand there is an independant rally simulator "gRally" in the works that is supposed to be the successor of RBR, which I have hopes in to cover this hole.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%