Rally - MINI Monte 2012 - Monday 30th & Tuesday 31st January 2012

Yes! In the top 10. I only tried to stay on the road and it worked out pretty well. No CFH's or any major mistakes. I am very pleased with the result. And the best part is that I beat my friend Tapio. :p

Just out of curiosity, what tyres do you people use in the good condition stages? Do you make a run for the dry sections with dry tarmac tyres or take wet ones to prevent surprises on the snow? Or even snow tyres?
I assume you mean Monte Carlo Mod. I have never, nor would I like to try it with dry tarmac tires :D. I think people have tried with wets, and had some results. I just go with what RSRBR gives me, and those are snow tires for Monte Carlo.

Then again, I'm not very good at RBR, so other people might give better answers.

I used Snow tyres on the stages, which set to the Monte-Carlo mod.

Tyre choice is a good (and key) question. Last season in RDRC, I think, the first rally was based on the Monte-Carlo mod, and you had to make three stages with the same tyre. And because of this, I tried every compound of the tyres; for example, on the first part of Joux Verte, the tarmac intermediate tires were much faster, but in the second part of the stage, it has no grip. :) But on this stage, it was well worth to use Snow tires, instead of tarmac intermediate - or at least, I could be faster with the Snow tires.

So a little bit depends on your driving style, I think. :)

I just go with what RSRBR gives me, and those are snow tires for Monte Carlo.
Then again, I'm not very good at RBR, so other people might give better answers.

Can't give a better answer than Senad, I'm exactly the same. I think I only tried wets once and didn't feel comfy, so I just stick to the default Snows.
I know others have used wets before and found them faster at times, but it is a pretty big risk if you put a wheel off track.

I have to say that this confuses me a lot. I can only drive comfortably with snow tires in monte carlo mod, i've tried wets and drys and they just feel completely horrible and with no grip compared to the snow tires for me :)

I also drive with snow tyres, but I think that in some stages tarmac tyres are faster when there is more pure tarmac than there is tarmac with snow. I have compared the split times. BUT still I wouldn`t ever dry with anything else but snow tyres because I just can´t keep the car on the road with tarmac tyres. :p So to be more "not" clear (lol) I think that if someone can make through the snow parts of the track without losing too much time, they can easily take the time back and even more in the tarmac parts.

Last club rally, on the Monte-stage I used dry tarmac and got 2nd fastest overall. And even though the stage winner never told us what he used, I have a feeling that he used tarmac (either dry or wet) as well, because we were a bit in front of "the rest" on that stage. I was 26 sec in front of number 3 on that stage by split two, but lost 20 on the last split.
Dry tarmac works ok on "icy" and "light snow" and perfect on tarmac. It's only when there is real snow it's impossible to do a thing with dry tarmac.

Congratulations Tero, that's the way to make your first podium, straight to the top. :D
Well done to Roy and Fernando, very close for such a tricky Rally. Look out guys, Roy's back in form. :p

I always like to see the Stage wins spread around, so really liked to see these results. Most of the Stage times were surprisingly close this time, so wins were not easy to achieve. It was all about who was prepared to risk it all and push hard on a stage.

Big welcome to our new Members, Jimi ( great debut mate), Manveer, and Javier, hope you had lots of fun.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the small amount of RED INK this Rally, especially considering how demanding the Stages were. Looks like the MINI was popular too. ;)
We didn't quite break the Driver number record, but we gave it a fright with only two less. Thanks to all for your support to the Rally Club.

Huge thanks to Senad for his Admin smoothness & slickness, and to Damien for the nice banner and the skins he made available.

See you all next week. :)

And very good result from you too Warren, Pretty good battle up there :)

Wow, P6! Chuffed with that! Even more pleased that I finished over 1 minute behind P5 because that means my total cock up of the last stage didn't effect my overal position :)

I lost time here and there with a few spins exiting hairpins (Trying to get waaay to sideways) and as I am unfamiliar with the stages in France I was very cautious in the high speed corners, so I know where there is room for improvement. Hopefully with a few more rallys under my belt I'll be challenging for podiums in the not too distant future!

Thanks again RD and Warran for the event

another try out of the mini. Airtel version. thanks to Damien..
2euU5.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 297 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing