Racer v0.8.39 released

Ruud

RACER Developer
Finally something new!

Get the latest at http://www.mediafire.com/file/03gcsac51pd955u/racer0.8.39.7z (52Mb)

The changelist:
- car.ini susp<n>.k_factor now influences regular springs. Also works with the system ('set car0.suspension0.k_factor 0.5')
- 'doc scriptfuncs' and 'doc scripttypes' now output HTML (more readable).
- TrackEd: added checkbox to turn on/off colorizing of object flags in Properties (F4) mode.
- TrackEd could display bad colorize flags
- TrackEd now saves LOD Z information in geometry.ini when saving (used to throw it away)
- TrackEd's model information now displays information on all LOD models.
- Dof_Fix could report continously optimized indices; this was due to every object being loaded to get tangents.
Now, tangents are only created if a shader is attached that requires tangents (tangents=1 in .shd files).
- Camera offsets fixed when moving the CG for from/to cameras and fixed-type cameras (see http://www.racer.nl/tutorial/car_cameras.htm)
- Fading of menu->race->results->menu restructured internally.
- Add Lidar section to TrackEd (not that you normally would have Lidar data).
- Increased the number of supported DOFs in a track from 5000 to 10000.
- Render engine supported number of blocks (geobs) in view increased increased from 3000 to 5000.
- 'debug <n>' command extended to support a subpage, i.e. 'debug 6 2' for the Onyx profile view.
- Images/textures can now be loaded up to 8192x8192 in size
- racer.ini's textures.max_wid/max_hgt increased from 2048 to 8192
- Ghost cars now load their shaders from the same car directory, only using car_ghost.shd instead of car.shd.
No longer do you need a separate data/cars/<car>_ghost directory.
- Added 'reload onyx'. Onyx is an relatively complex scripting language that is much like C++, and will be used
in the future as an interface for external physics, or other places where script overriding might be useful.
See http://www.racer.nl/tutorial/onyx.htm
- Added 'run <script.oxs>' console command to run an Onyx script.
- Added onyx_run.exe, which compiles and runs an Onyx script. Useful for debugging (a .oxa ASCII file is generated as well).
- Added 'show triggerlines' and 'hide triggerlines' commands.
- Modeler's Import ASE function speed improvement.
- Particles did not use Z-testing.
- Backfire particles were spawned in the wrong position when the car had velocity.

When I open TrackEd, I get the following errors
Code:
Sat Apr 28 10:57:37 (INFO): [tracked/3160] --- application start ---
Sat Apr 28 10:57:37 (INFO): [tracked/3160] DGPUShaderManager: render engine using Cg (3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler)
Sat Apr 28 10:57:38 (INFO): [tracked/3160] Physics engine: NEWTON v2.34, architecture 0
Sat Apr 28 10:57:51 (FATAL): [tracked/3160] Exception 0xC0000005, flags 0, Address 0x59B26593
(this dialog text is stored in QLOG.txt)

OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1

0x59B26593 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): DrvPresentBuffers
0x59B26726 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): DrvPresentBuffers
0x5934FE66 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x59AA3B2E [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): DrvPresentBuffers
0x59337DEB [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x59338025 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x59338CCF [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x5935C0E5 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x5935C078 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x5999AF3B [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x5935BF4D [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x5999F017 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x5999FA3A [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x599A0036 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x594013F7 [nvoglv32]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x005A0406 c:\source\trunk\dev\src\libs\d3\dtexture.cpp (line 845): DBitMapTexture::FromBitMap()
0x005A06D9 c:\source\trunk\dev\src\libs\d3\dtexture.cpp (line 779): DBitMapTexture::FromFile()
0x005A0A43 c:\source\trunk\dev\src\libs\d3\dtexture.cpp (line 753): DBitMapTexture::DBitMapTexture()
0x004A97EA c:\source\trunk\dev_racer\src\lib\rrace.cpp (line 214): RRace::RRace()
0x004483AC c:\source\trunk\dev_racer\src\lib\rmanager.cpp (line 1789): RManager::Create()
0x0042E4B9 [tracked]: (filename not available): Setup
0x0042E885 [tracked]: (filename not available): Run
0x00426A15 [tracked]: (filename not available): main
0x00426AF3 [tracked]: (filename not available): WinMain
0x0064F0E2 f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\crt0.c (line 263): __tmainCRTStartup()
0x75DA339A [kernel32]: (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
0x77BE9EF2 [ntdll]: (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain
0x77BE9EC5 [ntdll]: (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain

[edit]I found the cause of it. I've got A GF460 & an older Quadro card in my PC, I had to add tracked.exe into the NVidia Control Panel & set the GF460 as the OpenGL rendering card. I'd already done that for Racer.exe hence it worked. [/edit]

The backfire particle doesn't follow the normal direction set in car.ini, it seems to orientate itself on track directions and remains pointing in one direction, not following the car yaw angle.

oncar.rex had a line for motion platforms still enabled, which causes an onscreen readout to appear as well as a qlog message about it. You can get rid of it either by pressing Ctrl+0 ingame every time you start Racer, or by editing the script file once and be done with it (comment out "debug controllers.motion_e2m" at the top of the file).

I haven't been using the ghostcar feature at all so far, but with the change to a more sensible and economic solution to having them run of the main car folder, that might change :)

Cool, a new release. :)
I like the auto ghostcar function, it appears that the wheels don't turn however.
I've also noticed that the G27s and the DFPs seem to suddenly get a centering spring sometimes when Racer is run. I haven't tried it on the GT3rs yet.
Glad to see the sound bug is gone again!
Cameras centering appears to be right!
Really nice to have something new, Thanks Ruud.

Alex Forbin

As usual I find stuff (Bugs) and Qlog errors!
Tracked Qlog:
Ver 0.0839
(INFO): [tracked/4072] --- application start ---
(INFO): [tracked/4072] DGPUShaderManager: render engine using Cg (4.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler)
(INFO): [tracked/4072] Physics engine: NEWTON v2.34, architecture 0
(INFO): [tracked/4072] Loading track 'carlswood_nt'
(WARN): [tracked/4072] RAudio:dtor(); not all samples were removed yet
(ERR ): [noqapp/4072] closesocket(FFFFFFFF) returned error 106971176 <-----------------------------------------

Moveables (brake marker signs) are down when race starts, they shpuld be up. Cones appear ok.
the last version they were correct is ver 0.0837.

No sparks when car rubbing on a guard rail. Ruud's fix didn't

Otherwise looks good, so far.

Nice to see a new version!

I might be doing something wrong, I haven't created any content for racer in a while - however A) vert colours don't seem to be working (I'll probably come back in 5 and say they are...) Oh wait, that's right - I'd forgotten the CTR plugin doesn't do vert colours. Any progress on this? It's a pretty basic thing...
and B) any overlay with text (i.e. framerate, gear/speedo or info pages) seem to add a yellow tint to my vert colours.

Any idea what's going on?

look_left and look_right don't work anymore - Ctrl+4 shows the input is arriving, but the camera doesn't adjust.

Fixed cameras still don't fully abide by the "follow.pitch/roll/yaw" commands and show some movement as a result of vehicle acceleration in 3D space.

Alex Forbin: Haven't noticed any centre spring effects on the G27 myself - any more clues as to the circumstances?

- Add Lidar section to TrackEd (not that you normally would have Lidar data).

I'm quite interested in LIDAR data, as you know, getting the data is no problem & I would willing to test it, if you give us the ability & tips/tools to convert conventional data into your compiled rld file format. I'm curious to see what +2 millions LIDAR scenes would render into your new system.

Meshlab is 1 of many apps that I recently tested successfully.
Thx Ruud for all your efforts & progresses, you're the One.

More bugs!
Car bounces back when doing a skid sideways stop.

Confirm look up, down, left, right no longer work.

Confirm backfire problem. This version has more problems than the last version did but the cameras work ok for me, just have to adjust them for the view I want on each of the 132 cars I have.

look_left and look_right don't work anymore - Ctrl+4 shows the input is arriving, but the camera doesn't adjust.

Fixed cameras still don't fully abide by the "follow.pitch/roll/yaw" commands and show some movement as a result of vehicle acceleration in 3D space.

Alex Forbin: Haven't noticed any centre spring effects on the G27 myself - any more clues as to the circumstances?

Not so far, it hasn't happened again on either system. It could be something in the initial control setup that momentarily causes it.

Alex Forbin

I'm quite interested in LIDAR data, as you know, getting the data is no problem & I would willing to test it, if you give us the ability & tips/tools to convert conventional data into your compiled rld file format. I'm curious to see what +2 millions LIDAR scenes would render into your new system.

Meshlab is 1 of many apps that I recently tested successfully.
Thx Ruud for all your efforts & progresses, you're the One.

The RLD format is very simple, but where do you get your LIDAR data? The data I'm used to is not exactly public domain.
And define 'conventional data'. ;-) Most LIDAR scans ultimately seem to be just big XYZ files (optionally with a color or brightness field per 'pixel') where some creativity is needed, depending on the contents.

Thanks for the update ruud ! :)
I've just noticied two bugs, first, when i do a lap, then i've the ghost car, and when i turn on the lights of my car, it's done to the ghost car and not mine :(
Also mount autobahn don't work since few versions :S

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years