RaceON STR8 camaro gearing fixed?

I noticed a number of muscle cars have fixed gearing, is there a way to adjust them?
I created a saved set up, went to the SVM and changed the rear diff from 0 to 1, but it did nothing.
Cars are geared for 300, but only do about 215 in 5th...{6 speed}

I noticed a number of muscle cars have fixed gearing, is there a way to adjust them?
I created a saved set up, went to the SVM and changed the rear diff from 0 to 1, but it did nothing.
Cars are geared for 300, but only do about 215 in 5th...{6 speed}

are you talking about the street version of the cars or the race version of the car. if your talking about the street version (production) of the cars then its normal that the gearing is fix like it is for all street version of the cars available in all Simbin expensions. i know that it can be change but i don,t know how, better ask modders but then again if you change things you won't be able to race online cause you will have a mismatch file.

The street versions of the cars also seem to be balanced to race each other. In the comments section of the files, you sometimes see where they've written what the "real" gear ratios are, and that they've instead opted for something else.

My guess is it's to make racing between them close when you race with only production muscle cars. But it seems pretty redundant when they're in separate classes anyway.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 216 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%