RaceDepartment Awards: Race Game of the Year 2013

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
With 2014 approaching its time to look back at the year that is now almost behind us.

For the fourth consecutive year in a row its time to decide the winner of the best race game of the year and let the community decide to which developer we can hand over the prestigious RaceDepartment Award.

In the coming week its your voice that counts when the community speaks up and cast their votes!
Race Game of the Year 2013.png

Nominated games (alphabetical order)
  • Assetto Corsa (Kunos Simulazioni)
  • DTM Experience (Simbin Studios)
  • F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
  • Formula Truck 2013 (Reiza Studios)
  • Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios)
  • Game Stock Car 2013 (Reiza Studios)
  • Gran Turismo 6 (Polyphony Digital)
  • Grid 2 (Codemasters)
  • iRacing (iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations)
  • MotoGP 13 (Milestone)
  • NASCAR The Game: 2013 (Eutechnyx)
  • RaceRoom Racing Experience (Simbin Studios)
  • rFactor 2 (Image Space Incorporated)
  • WRC 4 The Game (Milestone)
The rules
One vote per member. Poll closes on Sunday January 5th, 2014

May the best race game win!

Looking at the combination of price, quality, immersion and originality there is only one game for me in 2013 and thats Formula Truck 2013.

Can't get enough of sliding around through a corner with a 5000kg heavy truck with 1000 horsepower.

For next year the choice will be a lot harder when rFactor 2 and AC will be more complete. But for now Reiza gets my vote with this amazing title.

Assetto Corsa is still not officially released (v1.0), so I'm voting for GT6.
I love AC, but I'm not voting for Early Access titles, it's basically still in development.

Assetto Corsa for me.

I know it's not officially released, so it's somewhat controversial, but the overall package of:
- Physics
- Graphics
- Affordability
- Developer communication and service
- Immersive gameplay,

It really is one of, if not the best racing games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Last edited:
So everyone is voting on a game without multiplayer :S

rFactor 2 for me this year. Let's hope for multiplayer in R3E en AC next year!

Is MP the be all and end all of how good a sim is? At the moment AC is EA and will have MP very shortly, already its become many peoples sim of choice, pulling them away from rF2 and iRacing etc. Just wait for the MP to arrive and its going to go intergalactic.

My vote went to DTM Experience, more than anything because it arrived out of the blue and has been a very welcome surprise.
It looks great, sounds awesome and drives really well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back