Race #3, China: Post-Race Discussion

Gonna explain my race today cause yesterday I was still fired.

Good Q1 but really bad Q2. I was concerned about my pace in Q so I did the Q1 with the Q2 set up, but I failed in Q2 (6 tenths in s3 :().

The race start was chaotic as usual. We had really serious problems heating the hard tires, but once they got heated the pace was good (we need two laps to heat them). But finishing lap 2 I was Boshove hit me in the back of my PSR-02 so I had suspension damage. In that moment I thought that the damages wouldn't affect my car, but I was far from the truth. I was loosing more than one sec per lap because the car was really nervous in the rear part.

My race was starting again in lap 18 (25 sec from the top position -_-), when I switched to soft (It was a really bad pitstop, 11 sec). I exited pits in 15th position and I knew that I had to push as hell if I wanted to keep the fifth so I did it. Taking risk while overtaking but trying to avoid contacts.

In lap 36 I loose the position with Klop, but I decided to keep behind him, taking cares of the tires and trying a last attempt in the last lap. Far from the reality my car was struggling a lot, so in lap 42 I decided to do my honor lap (didn't mind loosing 4 sec in that lap hehe).

Congrats Franz, who was by far the best in that GP and Rens too for the great battle that he won.

oh, and mega lol at Keanies comment during the race :D
...which eventually led him without a team. Wonder what he's gonna do next, after all the fuss he has done now and before in GPVWC...he also has a ban from RD.

Finally my first win here in FSR and I'm very happy with the race yesterday.
In Q1 I did a good lap and then practice with the Q2 set and did a 34.850. I was very surprised with it and could then take my first pole :)

At the race start I lost one position and was struggling a lot. I went sometimes wide and lost some time. But after 5 laps or so I could catch me and began to close the gap to Zipoli who was on worn Softs. On the back straight I could overtake him and began to do good laptimes. After the pit stop I was still in the lead and the car feels so good that I could increase the gap to Tusting. On the last lap I began to celebrate and then it finally happens. My first FSR win, hurrrrraaaa :laugh:

Thanks to the Ghostspeed and everyone who supported me :)

See ya in Monaco :thumbsdown:

Race didnt go to plan, set a good time in Q1 tho, with only doing a handful of laps.

In testing i had the pace of Franz, but due to contact with rens on lap 3, the car had a lot of understeer, which i couldn't get rid off.

2nd was still a good result, which moves me up into 2nd place in the championship standings.

Race didnt go to plan, set a good time in Q1 tho, with only doing a handful of laps.

In testing i had the pace of Franz, but due to contact with rens on lap 3, the car had a lot of understeer, which i couldn't get rid off.

2nd was still a good result, which moves me up into 2nd place in the championship standings.

Yea sorry for that, i lost my rear .. :(

PQ: some good passages allows me to access to Q1

Q1: very good session, i'm in Q2

Q2: tire worn is high, I decide to complete this session with a set of hard tires. I'm 8th.

Race: in the first laps I lose different positions, I also think because of the tires. In the same race stage I suffer a light damage at the back left suspension, that condition the pit stop time. For a part of the grand prix I'm in eye contact with the cars that fight for the fourth position, but despite my efforts they are a little bit faster, as minimum of some tenth of a second. I finish eighth.

Congratulations to Schnyder for his win; thanks to my team and to the staff. See you in Montecarlo.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%