Progression shout-out thread.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
I noticed while reading this forum that a lot of people are working on their licenses, ratings and standings, so I figured it might be a nice idea to have this one thread where you can shout out your latest marks, achievements and memorable moments.

So, let flow the "Yay, I got my D-license!"-'s, "Yeah, 2000 iRating!"-'s and "Whoohooo, my first victory!"-'s. ;)

Well got promoted to D class Road, bought a CSR wheel to upgrade my G27 from (mainly for Forza 4 but suspected i would see the difference in iRacing as well) and am about to order a set of Clubsports as well as i rather like the CSR.

To get into street stocks official do i need to get out of rookie and into D class ovals? If so this does not look like happening lol, i will try your front bias trick though and see if that helps, cheers

Road Atlanta has been a mystery to me since I bought the track; never been able to bust a 1:44 despite an optimal in the low 1:43's....until tonight. Last lap of a 20 lap practice, which was already going well, and boom, not just a 1:43, but a 1:43.029, with an optimal drop down to 1:42.029.

That's nearly a second and a half off my previous best time at this track, and finally brings me into the 'within 4-5 seconds of the high-split runners' threshold I'm in on most other tracks, and which seems to be enough to make me competitive in the low splits (and mid splits on tracks with a lot of attrition.)

I'm rather pleased with myself. Of course I'll see tomorrow if I can do it consistently, but I have high hopes as I actually thought the last lap was a bit sloppy.

Hit a 1:42.304 tonight! In the same qual session with Andrea setting a 1:37.damnthatsfast, true, but that's another second down. Optimal is down into the 1:41's. Actually kind of excited about this...I mean, I know it's slow compared to a lot of folks, but that's a huge improvement.

Well after getting very frustrated with the skippy and road Atlanta I've decide to take a few days and get a few Oval starts under my bag. Quite enjoyed it so far, short races help as I get a sore back quickly when using my wheel. Tonight I got my first podium starting from 8th finishing 3rd so quite happy with that :)

Well got promoted to D class Road, bought a CSR wheel to upgrade my G27 from (mainly for Forza 4 but suspected i would see the difference in iRacing as well) and am about to order a set of Clubsports as well as i rather like the CSR.

To get into street stocks official do i need to get out of rookie and into D class ovals? If so this does not look like happening lol, i will try your front bias trick though and see if that helps, cheers
You only need to be Rookie 3.00.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Not progression. But worth a shout. Or two. Or a hundred.

A mail from iRacing:

Congratulations! You are the winner of the Thrustmaster competition. Out of almost 3,000 people that qualified for the prize, your name was randomly chosen to receive a Thrustmaster T500RS wheel. This prize will be coming directly from Thrustmaster. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to receive the prize after we receive you info

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Not progression. But worth a shout. Or two. Or a hundred.

A mail from iRacing:

Congratulations! You are the winner of the Thrustmaster competition. Out of almost 3,000 people that qualified for the prize, your name was randomly chosen to receive a Thrustmaster T500RS wheel. This prize will be coming directly from Thrustmaster. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to receive the prize after we receive you info

Congratz on that one!
Nice

well I won my first top split race that actually had really fast Vettes in the race. Banked 190 champ points, and man was that a close close close race... All 5 Vettes that were in the race were bumper to bumper the entire race.

made a crazy save last night in my first iRacing race in a couple of months. It was Trucks at Daytona and I got hit on my left rear and was more sideways then Kyle "********" Bush in the Bud Shootout, somehow managed to get it straight, drove accross some grass and rejoined. Ended up finishing 4th, started 18th (last).

And I experienced something i never thought possible in iRacing. SIDEDRAFT!!! I Slingshot around the outside for 1.5 laps passing 7 cars. Man it felt awesome

joy, here, too, got the whole season award for turning up faithfully every single week in one series (inRacing / Solstice) and also three certificates in my first season for coming in 2nd (Grand Touring / Solstice), 3rd (inRacing / Solstice) and 3rd (Mustang / GrandAm) in my car/class combo. Here's to picking the Solstice, the car noone likes, gives you a good shot at finishing high up in the standings, you just need to turn up often enough, lol. Oh yes, my driver's class is 08 (shame on me).

class B in both categories, quick advance to A in road round the corner.

My first "real" podium! First race with C6.R went very well :)

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=5538745&custid=76741

I was very happy, even thgouh I was no challenge to TOP2, there was a huge difference. I raced almost almone for most of the race, I've just lapped Fords and a couple of slow C6.Rs. Stefano Gazou was quick as well, but I managed to keep the distance, I think GTs slowed him down more than me (even though he was certainly faster, around .0.2 faster each lap).

The only minor disappointment with the start, got 4x heavy car contact from a guy behind me. And he even got mad :D "Why do you brake in fornt of me?" Lol. I just had to brake for T1 :laugh:

And I would like to thank all the slow drivers that they let me pass!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back