Post some beautiful aerodynamic designs

A counter thread :cool:

Post some beautiful aerodynamic designs. We are looking for packages that not just looked good but proved to be working solution. I'll start by setting an example how F1 car at it's finest can look like.
mp44a.jpg
921sennamp47ahonaus011.jpg
mcldc-225.jpg

The layout of this car is so simple and clean, there is nothing to take off or to add. The kind of car that defined me what Formula 1 car is.

And in my opinion the most beautiful F1 car ever designed. The last of the V12 powered monsters.
The sound beats everything i´ve ever heard as well.
Ferrari_1994_ilferrarista.com%5B25%5D.jpg
That Ferrari is just so beautiful..

EDIT: Digged up more photos and wiki-link, the machine deserves, no, demands it.
Jean-Alesi-Monaco-1994-Qualifying-Ferrari%2B412T.jpg
ferrari-412t1-brazil-pacific-gp-1994.gif
EDIT: Didn't know there was two versions of 412T, low nose and the better looking higher nose.. It all started there.. Changed the middle picture to a correct model.

A footnote to Brawn, this is what the car looked last season. I put this mainly because the way that sharp front flows to frontwing is a work of art. the bumb that follows in the chassis gives some clues to the ridiculous 2012 Caterham. Keeping in mind that they added aircanals to that shape, so that fronthole air was channeled back to frontwings: To stall the wing, like an F-Duct but since it was stationary design and driver couldn't control it, it was legal.. And it activated only after some airspeed had been aquired, that's some awesome fluid dynamics there..I think this idea is still legal, it's pure aerodynamic design...

168937.jpg

I don't think so - wet tyres are supposed to move the water away, that's why they have diagonal grooves.
Parallel grooves make sense only on dry tyres.

If you look closely you can actually see the horizontal treads but it´s very blurry.

Here´s an image of the actual tire,
Tires_Bridgestone_potenza.png

I´ll see if i can find a higher res image to compare with the Pirelli tire.

In the meantime here´s a good pic of the Pirelli Full Wets.

Slightly bigger image,
21_f109_Make_Cars_Green_Tyres_02.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back