Pit Stop problem

Hi. I am from Georgia - Tbilisi. Me and my friend decided to do our Country Track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustavi_International_Motorpark Our track was updated and now we have new circle. Much better than previous.

Official page : Rustavi International Motorpark

In game preview

10a62db3b7a6.jpg

13d910d93fd1.jpg

Someone can help us? we made pits, but car don't damage after hitting wall. It look like this. How to fix problem?

2bd49ccf9e01.jpg

d6476f5081ef.jpg

New pit stop

8cc2a18c31b0.jpg

First realise - Rustavi Beta 1 version. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sm7hifs35vt2a78

Working process :

61eed6b0f594.jpg

085ea2986ce6.jpg

de3865eb47f6.jpg

8834466b8b18.jpg

It's our first work, Hope people like it. Lot of work to do.

Make sure you have marked those objects as "Collide"... Then they start to collide. I decided to not put "Collide" on those buildings so AIW is simpler to do while testing. I switched them to collide only at the last stages of development.

EDIT: I have a cubemaps for those windows, if you have 3DSimed (or get someone to do it for you..). They were meant to be cubemapped, those window textures are only placeholders... And there was a slight measuring error on the pitbuildings, they need to be scaled deeper, some cars don't fit in the garage... Something like 10% more width to make AIW abit easier to make.

Kennett Ylitalo
Make sure you have marked those objects as "Collide"... Then they start to collide. I decided to not put "Collide" on those buildings so AIW is simpler to do while testing. I switched them to collide only at the last stages of development.
Thank you very much, it work. :) Thanks for help
EDIT: I have a cubemaps for those windows, if you have 3DSimed (or get someone to do it for you..). They were meant to be cubemapped, those window textures are only placeholders... And there was a slight measuring error on the pitbuildings, they need to be scaled deeper, some cars don't fit in the garage... Something like 10% more width to make AIW abit easier to make.
I have 3DSimed v2.6a. I don't know what is cubemaps. Can you show me?

Check the first to pictures in this website: http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0505c/BABBAIDA.html

Cubemapping is a way to cheaply produce reflections. The first picture shows one type of cubemap, you can easily see that it is 360 panoramic picture of a room and it also has up and down. In the second picture an object uses that cubemap as it's reflection source. So it doesn't really show a real time reflections of surroundings but simply an pre-recorded image of surrounding.

Cubemaps are organized in six squares that represent directions north, east, south, west, up and down.

One way to picture how it works is to imagine a box where the cubemap is projected on the inside of this box, each square to one side and following the directions. If you go perfectly in the center of this cube and look around, you will see 360 image of the surrounding world (depending on the cubemap image, it might be sky/earth, inside of a hall, anything really, in space it would be stars etc) . The way the cupemaps are formed has some special properties, mainly that if the image is processed correctly, you can't see that it is a cube.... Now lets put an object that has reflective surface in the center of the cube. When you look at that object, it reflects the inside of the cube back to viewer. So we get simplified and very cheap representation of the world.

Real time reflections are incredibly expensive to produce, the computer has to basically trace the image in the reflection from surrounding world, every pixel requires complex calculations.. Use Google images and search for pictures of cubemaps and their application, also look at raytracing even if it's not used but to compare the quality between two methods. The cost between the two in terms of processor load is like comparing a Lada to Ferrari. One is enough to get the job done, one is stunningly beautiful.

You see cubemap reflections when driving a car. You can see the working cubemaps on the buildings: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/cicada-gp.29603/page-4#post-1098999

gMotor2 uses a horizontal strip format on it's cubemaps. So the panorama has to be shuffled a bit differently. I don't remember the exact order, but it was something like north, east, south, up, down, west (it was somehow illogical...)

Also anytime if any part of my answer is incorrect, please correct it. I have no education on this subject what so ever, all self taught so i must have gaps in my theory and wrong terms used..

Here are the pictures of cubemaps added to ordinary BTB objects, to water and then a glimpse of the racecontrol windows:
capture_2012-03-26_09-06-32.jpg

capture_2012-03-26_09-05-31.jpg
capture_2012-03-26_09-09-00.jpg

The reflections in the water seemed to reflect the grandstand but it is an illusion, a mere coincidence where the cubemap happens to have some white colors in that direction... in the final release, i had to take off those highrise reflections due to memory limits.. Scroll down the WIP thread, download the track and you get the cubemaps, study those grandstands/pitbuildings and their materials in 3DSimed. You have my permission to use my textures, in fact every one reading this has permission to use my stuff non.commercially , just mention me in the credits

I suggest you change the pitbuildings and grandstand textures if you plan to use them in the final release, they both are very often used...
yes, but problem is that i am noob about texturing. I really don't know how to make pitbuildings and grandstand textures. when i and my friend will finish track i'll be tray to change textres. But now we have problem with this part. can't change colour to green. I start to learn google SketchUp, it's easy program to make 3D models. So i tray to make pits in this program, but have no idea how to import 3D model in Bob's Track Builder with textures.
Thanks, for relapse.

fmRN5kSo.jpg

when you create your object you need to skin it and UV wrap it.
Ideally I use Metasequoia as I find it is a ton more user friendly.
I have experience with AutoCad , and some with 3DMax. I like
Metasequoia the best and for $45 you cant beat it for what it does.
After you attatch the skin and save as .dae , then open BTB's
xpacker and add the object to your xPack.

If you have Metaseq here is the DDS Plugin put in the plugins folder

ebrich
thank you for help. :)

There is some tutorial how to make pitbuilding grandstand textures or Cubemap textures ? I don't want to use someones make cubemap textures. i only want 1 example how to make textures like grandstand or cubemaps and which program i need for this ?

i only want 1 example how to make textures like grandstand or cubemaps and which program i need for this ?

Bit confused by the translation.

If you want to make your own textures for your grandstand then its something similar to Photoshop or Gimp (free) you need.

DL this: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/cicada-1-1.34/viewfile It has got the textures you need so give me one DL count in the process ;) There is one cubemap that you can use, study it or alter it in anyway you like.. The grandstand textures are simpler still, it has one material for every texture besides the advertisements which are atlases. One cement, one seat and then glasses (which again uses the same cubemap as everything else..) and i think there was one for the safety rails. Pitbuildings have the corrugated metal door too.

ebrich
Sorry. I use translate.google.com to translate words.

Kennett ylitalo
Thank you for help.

I started to make bridge in Google SketchUp 8. But when i import model in Xpack the error message appeared. So i do the same model in SketchUp 6 and everything is ok now. It's my first tray to make 3D building. Not so good work, especially roof.

25b9a9e0fc07.jpg

f2d9537a925d.jpg

782b85bec1aa.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back