Released Pinevale

My track is ready:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?id=Pinevale
or
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=34547

5116-Pinevale-9308.jpg

Description:
Pinevale, in the north-west of England, is a disused WW2 airfield. In 1972 local landowner Rupert Sarringham commissioned the conversion of the derelict site into a race track, having been impressed by a recent visit to Silverstone.

Pinevale covers a smaller area than Silverstone, so the track was made with national and club racing in mind. In the mid 1980s the track fell out of use, but was reopened in 1996 after resurfacing and rebuilding to get the track back up to standard.

[This is a semi-fantasy track based on the layout of the perimeter road of a local airfield. It hasn't really been made into a track, but if it had been...]

----

I am a little biased, but I've enjoyed racing on this track while testing. In powerful and/or low-grip cars, a driver might run wide in the sweeping penultimate turn, which could set up a good battle down the start/finish straight.

[I've been away from rFactor since late December, so just catching up.]

Downloaded and drove this last night. A touch more fun than Castle Combe, not as fast as Thruxton... absolutely love it and I think you've made a classic fantasy track!

Excellent job on the AI, too!

@R Soul I keep getting "Error loading texture RACE_TRACK1_FULL for material ROADA1127". Do you have versions 1.0 or 1.01 as I can't find them anywhere and they worked for me.

When you installed the track did pinevlae_map.mas get extracted?
In the folder GameData\Locations\Pinevale you should have a Pinevale folder, pinevale.mas, pinevale_maps.mas, readme.txt and sky.mas

In the Pinevale folder, open Pinevale.scn and make sure it says at the top:
SearchPath=.
SearchPath=Pinevale
SearchPath=Pinevale\Pinevale

The texture you mentioned is the main track texture, so I'm sure someone else would have mentioned by now if it was missing. I think a broken installation or download is the culprit.

When you installed the track did pinevlae_map.mas get extracted?
In the folder GameData\Locations\Pinevale you should have a Pinevale folder, pinevale.mas, pinevale_maps.mas, readme.txt and sky.mas

In the Pinevale folder, open Pinevale.scn and make sure it says at the top:
SearchPath=.
SearchPath=Pinevale
SearchPath=Pinevale\Pinevale

The texture you mentioned is the main track texture, so I'm sure someone else would have mentioned by now if it was missing. I think a broken installation or download is the culprit.
I have done all that. I have had to do what is below to the scn file as well.

MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=COMMONMAPS.MAS
MASFile=pinevale.mas
MASFile=pinevale_maps.mas

I have downloaded the track many times from different websites, rFactorCentral/NoGripRaceway etc but the same error appears. Can you either quote me or tag me, so I get an alert and don't forget about it please. :thumbsup:

I have done all that. I have had to do what is below to the scn file as well.
MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=COMMONMAPS.MAS
MASFile=pinevale.mas
MASFile=pinevale_maps.mas
It's strange that you had to do that. I just checked the download links at rFactorCentral. The (new textures) link is the one I uploaded to MediaFire. I also checked the one above, but not the Uploaded.net one. The two I checked both already had the MASFile lines you mentioned (and the SearchPaths).

I also checked the one I put on nogripracing, and that is also fine.

I can't put it down to a faulty download because of all the 0s and 1s that can go astray, what are the chances that they would only affect one file within an archive, in such a particular way? Something odd is afoot.

It's strange that you had to do that. I just checked the download links at rFactorCentral. The (new textures) link is the one I uploaded to MediaFire. I also checked the one above, but not the Uploaded.net one. The two I checked both already had the MASFile lines you mentioned (and the SearchPaths).

I also checked the one I put on nogripracing, and that is also fine.
I have had a problem like this before when the textures weren't powers of 2, but I went through and saw that they all were. I've played around with the scn files and everything. Problem still there.

I hope we/someone finds a solution soon for two reasons. One: So I can enjoy the track, and Two: I am using it for this Forum Game and would like to show it off (if you want to join in, feel free).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%