Patch 1.2.1.5 (Steam)

okay finally finished redownloading and gonan test it now
and if it does work should i just cutpaste all my mods and tracks there and delete the original one?

j-f do you know how much of a legend you are :D its working now at 1.2.1.5 thank you so so so much!

Glad to hear that ! Great news !

Your other installation is probably very messed up. You could spend time trying to figure out what was wrong, but if you only had Race'07 downloaded, then I would simply get rid of that old installation.

If you had other games or content, run it once more to create some Steam backups (right click a game, select the backup feature of steam) so you don't have to download everything again on your new installation.

i only have some of the race series that was steam - other then that it was othergames like simulators [farming, demolition, euro truck, ship and tow truck] and nascar racing 2003

but for my carskins and mods and tracks for race is it just a simple cutpaste job and put them in the right places?

i would expect that but i have a lot of wtcc and stcc skins and a couple mods i would like to keep so where do i put them?
Just exit Steam, and copy all folders to somewhere else like "Race07 skins and mods"

And inside the Steam stuff it's just the same folder structure as an offline install.
So C:\Programfiles\Steam\*name*\Steamapps\Race07\GameData\Locations etc

The skins are in My Documents/Simbin/Race'07.

My advise is that you make a backup of your customskins folder somewhere, then you just delete all the Race'07 folders you see in My Documents/Simbin (NOTE: IT WILL ALSO DELETE YOUR SETTINGS). Then just start your new (working) Race'07. It will auto-create the my Doc structure and you can just paste your skins inside it.

Anyone else having problems when minimizing the game with these new versions? It completely sends Windows into a crawl when I alt+tab out of the game. Switching between programs or even typing a simple paragraph like this, stuff lags 5 seconds behind.

I don't alt tab out, but I do switch apps when the game is running by clicking on something on my second monitor, so same thing. I have seen no issues with it taking up too much time except with trying to enter the password for TeamSpeak.

Encountered a few new bugs with the latest patch:

• Tear off animation in the FBMW is bugged, dont see the hand movement anymore
  • Can't seperately adjust the brake and throttle sensitivity anymore. They seem to be linked to eachother

Anyone else having problems when minimizing the game with these new versions? It completely sends Windows into a crawl when I alt+tab out of the game. Switching between programs or even typing a simple paragraph like this, stuff lags 5 seconds behind.

+1 for me

Also running Win7 64bit

Heheh, I stopped alt-tabbing in Win7 64bit due to that issue. I have 2 monitors though and if I move the mouse over to the second monitor and click I can drop to desktop and not see the lag issue at all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%