Patch 1.2.1.5 (Steam)

anyone have a download link to the update[d] files please - tried everything that everyone has suggested and it wont update itself :(

what also sucks is [if you race me then youll understand why this is so important] that i found a wheel i like and can afford soon

so please any help/suggestions

thanks

mike

I just read back to the first page of the thread. I see you did a system restore, did you uninstall the game and then reinstall it fresh or rely on the system restore to give you a working game? If you did the system restore, it could be that it has information showing you were updated so is never going to give you the same update again unless you uninstall. I

If you have already uninstalled it, then ignore the above :)

Try to check in steam client: race07-properties-updates. There should be "allways keep this game up to date" by default. If you have also tried start and close steam client for a few times it's a great mis(t)ery. Crazy. No problem in your firewall?

Hello Mike,

I see Gunthar has already suggested this, but deleting the .blob file in the steam root folder forces Steam to check again what you have and don't have. So it might be worth a shot.

Also I would like to ask you to check within Steam options ( "Steam" -> "Settings" -> "Download + cloud" tab -> "Download region") what you selected as a download area (being in england, it should show UK-London or UK-Manchester). If it does but still fails, try setting another location near you.

It could be that Valve hasn't deployed the patch on all content servers around the world. Just an idea.

thanks jf - dont know why but i had it set to netherlands and deleting both the .blob files does nothing except make steam unable to open and the server change doesnt do anything

but if i buy stcc 2 would that update it by any chance? im hopefully getting it this weekend so if it updates for me thatll be epic

Ok. I haven't read everything in this thread, I'm sorry, but have you already tried to reinstall Steam in a different location on your hard disk?

Just to check if your installation and files could be corrupted or something.

Please try the following:

Create a new folder like "SteamTEST" in the root of your hard disk (c:\SteamTEST\). Take the steam.exe from your current steam installation folder. Copy it in SteamTEST and start it.

Steam will auto-download-install itself.

Then login to your steam account and download Race'07.

Verify the version that you receive. If it's 1.2.1.5 then we know that something went wrong with your other steam installation.

Thank you in advance for trying the above.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%