F1 2013 Out of sight bug... Once again?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys, I think that this bug is back again in F1 2013.
AI Speed in Legend when car is visible ahead of you is more than 1.5 seconds slower when compared to a situation where you are not able to see them anymore.

I am doing a career mode season with a Lotus (legend difficulty level without assists).
Most of the time I can qualifiy real close to Mercedes & Vettel & Alonso. When I am on a race, if I make a mistake and get behind like 4 or 5 secons... that is it.
Can anyone verify that as well?

Other than that, this game is really good.
Cheers

Last edited:
You might be right.
In my first career race I was 2nd, just a second or two behind Hamilton until my tires started to show first signs of giving up. I messed up one corner and lost some 3 seconds (I still had quite a gap to Webber). That was it, from that moment on I kept losing time to Hamilton on each lap. Even fresh options and mix 3 by the end of the race didn't help, he was always faster and I finished some 15-20 seconds behind him. It's like he'd started on just 7 cylinders and he finally got that 8th one working...

Hi guys, I think that this bug is back again in F1 2013.
AI Speed in Legend when car is visible ahead of you is more than 1.5 seconds slower when compared to a situation where you are not able to see them anymore.

I am doing a career mode season with a Lotus (legend difficulty level without assists).
Most of the time I can qualifiy real close to Mercedes & Vettel & Alonso. When I am on a race, if I make a mistake and get behind like 4 or 5 secons... that is it.
Can anyone verify that as well?

Other than that, this game is really good.
Cheers
Look in the race director at the lap times to compare the AI to your times. That should be easy enough to do. Then you'll know for sure if the AI is faster out of sight.

This has been the way the game works since F1 2010. Any cars that are not on screen are just posting estimated laptimes, same in qualifying the cars are just driving around and it seems to have no relation to the laptimes they set.

It does seem like you're only really racing them when you're racing them and the rest of the time the game is just making it up as it goes along.

There is no way to prove that the AI are not driving when they are out of your site. When i look at the AI times in race director i can see the variation in the times for when they have to pass backmarkers and pit and such. Their times are more consistent than mine, but they are not unrealistic.

The devs claim that the bug hasn't been in the game since 2011.

Then we will have to take their word for it :cautious:

My own laptimes can increase and decrease by 2-3 seconds depending on many variables: tyre life, fuel mix, clean air, no cars behind catching or attacking (and therefore better concentration by me), Danica Patrick in the crowd calling my name :inlove:, my wife in the crowd telling me to stop playing games and mow the lawn :poop: et cetera. Maybe the AI are going through all these things (not the Danica part...eyes for me only)!!

Next time I race, I will check it out in Race Director as it would be a massive shame for everybody's Careers if this is happening.

Looking at race director i got the impression that tyre wear does not affect AI at all... they seem consistent at their pace for all their stint and gthey can improve a lot when they change tyres.
Although this may sound strange I will give you an example:
- Nurburgring wet race (intermediate tyres) 50% distance no assists legend diff

1st stint (7 laps)
1.37's (they do not change this pace at all .2 or .3 variation from 2nd lap to lap 6)

2nd stint (7 laps)
1.36's (right from their second lap in that set of tyres they are able to improve on more than 1 sec and mantain it 'till the end of that stint).

... and so on for the other stints...

So although we do not have a sharp increase of times when they are not in sight, they do not suffer tyre wear as we do (or at least it is completely balanced with fuel consumption - less weight).

This just push us more and more...to be able to succeed here.
Side effect is that in most of my time, i am defending on a Louts (fighting for 4th or 5th) which i have to say is pretty accurate.
Will verify this when i'm on a Mercedes.

Were you only looking at the fastest AI or the AI that were at your pace? For example, if you're competing for P5 or P6 and you are looking at the P1 AI times there is going to be a big difference. What would be better is to look at the AI lap times for the car ahead of you and the car behind you.

I am not sure if it's out of sight bug or the fact that AI get much better performance with lowering fuel loads. Is there a way of adjusting this.
I raced Melbourne (full race 100%) 3 times with and with out MODs, Nothing really changed what happened during the race. The out come remained the same.
All is well up to the first set of stops but by the end of the race the AI are lapping 4 seconds faster than i am. During the race the AI gradually start pulling away, the front runners lap times decreasing with fastest lap after fastest lap. As you would expect with track rubbering in and lowering fuel loads.
BUT.....
I qualified 9th in the Sauber and managed to get to 6 after the first stops. I finished 6th but that was only due to me blocking cars trying to overtake. The 5 cars times ahead of me dropped from an average of 1.34 a lap at the start of the race down to 1.28 a lap by the final stint. My Lap times went from 1.34 to just 1.32 a lap. I just could not get any quicker, even if i had a clean lap. The AI were racing up behind me like i was doing a warm up lap. I had to weave around to stop them overtaking. It was like i was permanently carrying full fuel load. If this is a way of controlling the different level setting then it sucks badly.

Is there a way of checking this or altering these performance issues in the program?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000