WIP Ouninpohja Stage Finland

Ouninpohja full stage GPS data

Now Ouninpohja full stage GPS data works with BTB. GPS route total lenght is 35 km 630 meters. My computer slows down, when i import 35 km long KML data in BTB. But most of you, BTB users have better computer than me. But here is the legendary stage GPS-data finally. I need to say some teaser words before you can drive the Ouninpohja roadline.

Welcome the fastest and difficultest stage in the world, with bigests jumps. Max average speed 132km/h.

"for me, most difficultest stage for all time" - Nicky Grist -

Attachments

• Ouninpohja legendary full stage 35 km.rar
    8.5 KB · Views: 679
Had a few queries as of late re the progress of my 3ds max version. No progress for 6 months or so in 2010 but is chugging along nicely again now. Refer:

ouniprogress511.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8666/ouniprogress511.jpg

White circles are what is new from last video - i.e. might not look like much progress per se but is something like 70% remodelled all up. Currently 83,000 polys in groundmesh alone :cool:

Had a few queries as of late re the progress of my 3ds max version. No progress for 6 months or so in 2010 but is chugging along nicely again now.

White circles are what is new from last video - i.e. might not look like much progress per se but is something like 70% remodelled all up. Currently 83,000 polys in groundmesh alone :cool:

Damnnnn! Nice! Very nice! I have been in Ouninpohja for the last couple of years spectating Mikko's tests. Such a joy to drive the road even with a road car. Up and down all the time, turning left-right-left-right-left over crests. I'm always laughing in the car. :)

I'm still dreaming that one day, I'll be able to drive (atleast a part of) Ouninpohja in RBR... Looks good!

Any word on some pacenotes for this track??? I love the stage but it kills me having to drive it so slow or risk death and I still never make it past 25 - 50 % completion before having to restart cause it's just so tempting to push it and not having pacenotes means it's EXTREMEMLY easy to crash.... Pacenotes would be great... So, any word on them?? :confused:

AWESOME stage! Was looking forward it.

The pacenotes would be a great addition. Maybe if we post it (the track) on the RBR Mods forums someone would help with it, and more people would have access to this great stage :)

But I think that we would have to ask for permission to the creators ^o).. or not ?

First I'd like to thank the creators of Ouninpohja. The latest version - with its true "rollercoaster feeling" - is definitely one of the most enjoyable stages to date.

Then about this pacenote "WIP" video Janne94 linked: I happen to know about this very project and I think I can safely say that it will stay as WIP forever. Without going into tedious details, let's just say that sometimes it's better not to have pacenotes at all. :)

Nice to hear, someone is doing pacenotes, what is your working method?

Pacenotes is very easy to make with zaxxon method. At once, every place in 35 km distance track. driveline.ini is the key file, script do mathematic pacenotes, those is not perfect but helps a lot. So, every stage what have lack of pacenotes, it is easy to create those things to work. It would be cool to hear that, someone is find how that method works and create some pacenotes ;)

Sure, Pacenotes are easy, but can take way more time one thinks.
I am a betatester for a new Pacenoteplugin. You can edit your pacenotes onboard simmilar to rbr.dll, but this one can save direct to the pacenote.ini. A the moment i have done 25Km and 440!! Notes. It took around 1,5 hours.
But i have my own Pacenotesystem. I have to test how this works with standard RBR notes.
If it works ok, then i will share them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years