ORC

Looks awesome! I've got a question, how did you get the F1 engineers to help you out?
Hi Koi,

Thanks :). We were actually helping them out in a way, we were building them a "driver-in-the-loop" simulator. I'm not too sure how much I can say as I was under an NDA, but the F1 team unfortunately had to leave F1 due to lack of budget, so you can probably guess :)

To be clear it was Gregor's physics engine that was evaluated and used by the F1 team, I was about to get more involved, but unfortunately they ran out of money and bowed out of F1

It was a shame, but an interesting opportunity. We loved seeing around the F1 factory, I even sat in an F1 car....at 6 ft 2 inches I didn't fit :)

Hi Koi,

Thanks :). We were actually helping them out in a way, we were building them a "driver-in-the-loop" simulator. I'm not too sure how much I can say as I was under an NDA, but the F1 team unfortunately had to leave F1 due to lack of budget, so you can probably guess :)

To be clear it was Gregor's physics engine that was evaluated and used by the F1 team, I was about to get more involved, but unfortunately they ran out of money and bowed out of F1

It was a shame, but an interesting opportunity. We loved seeing around the F1 factory, I even sat in an F1 car....at 6 ft 2 inches I didn't fit :)

That's cool! I still don't have an idea of what team it was..but I'll do some more thinking. Anyways, good luck with the sim.

ohhh. wow. really? simulator's went that far back? this one has been coming for a long time then!!
....i think i'm fairly sure of the team, but we'll keep it hush hush ;)
how long does a NDA apply for then is my only other question...

That far back? It's only 4 years ago ;)

I don't know if the NDA still applies, they don't exist any more, in any form if I understand correctly. I just don't want any lawyers coming to my door :). Although saying the name wouldn't be a breach of an NDA I don't think. I'll have to try and find it ;)

Thanks for the mention Aidan - I'm still here lurking :) *Evil Laugh*

It is just me on the development side at the moment (Gregor did the physics engine, but it's pretty much done) so progress will be slow. I've went part time in "real" work (3 days / week) so I can get a bit more of ORC done, so hopefully progress won't be quite as slow as it has been :)

If you want more regular updates feel free to follow me on twitter AshMcConnell for the most detail and orc (for the headlines)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back