ORC

ORC: http://www.siroccoracing.com

What is ORC?

ORC is a realistic racing simulator that is based on real world cars using a physics engine that was developed in partnership with a formula 1 team. This means that the simulator has been tried by a team of formula 1 engineers and tested by a formula 1 driver to ensure maximum realism.

It is currently under development, for development news, please click the news button
What are the important features of ORC?

Physics

The absolutely most important feature is the accurate, constraint-based Vehicle Dynamics Engine that has been developed by Dr. Gregor Veble.
Networking

The network engine has been developed to reduce the effects of lag in order to ensure close and fun racing
Graphics

An advanced shader based lighting model will bring Tony West's and Nick Ovey's amazing models to life, helping you feel part of the action
Rankings / Achievements

There are a number of goals for your to achieve in your racing career, you will able to view your achievements and how you rank against your friends and rivals. It will all be available without leaving the game!
How much is it to play ORC?

We are planning that ORC will be free to play with the majority of the standard cars and tracks. There will be a number of car upgrades that are available to purchase should you wish to.
When will ORC be available?

We are hoping to have an open beta in 2011 to test that everything works correctly on all sensible hardware and weed out those last few (hopefully!) bugs

As far as my memory works, I believe that I've seen this in Ogre3D forums. Am I right? If yes could you tell me what GUI have you used? It doesn't seem that it is CEGUI or other common. Also for the steering wheel and dashboard have you used RTT?

Hi Paul,

Yep, that's ORC. I am using Ogre3d. I am using MyGUI for the GUI. For the steering wheel, yep i'm using RTT with Gorilla (betaJean) to do the 2d drawing stuff.

I'm sure no-one will understand all that stuff, but if you are an ogre guy, i'm sure it makes sense :)

All the best,
Ash

Here are a couple of renders of the Formula Sirocco FS01 in a couple of different fantasy liveries

hn4ih.jpg

vbt9M.jpg

17lFi.jpg

Model by Nick Ovey, Skins by Dave Ellis

Unfortunately we don't have the billions needed to give Uncle Bernie. We will try to make something that will feel great and authentic even if it isn't named after a real world series. The current "Formula Sirocco" is inspired by a couple of lower formula cars (i.e. not F1)

Hi Aidan,

Unfortunately I've had to take a full time job (after being without a salary for 4 years) in order to pay the bills. I am continuing with ORC in my spare time at the minute. I am desperate to get back on it full time, but with a 16 month old son to support it isn't easy to take risks.

I would like to perhaps go for funding from the likes of kickstarter, but I know that there really needs to be something unique about ORC before something like that will take off.

Currently it's more of a racing sim engine, but there needs to be a lot of work into making it a more solid sim/game.

Hopefully I can figure something out as it's been a dream of mine for a long long time to release a racing sim.

All the best,
Ash

well, personally from me and anyone else that would agree, all the best to you.
hopefully it can all work out, you've done a great job so far.
good luck

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years