Objects disappearing in RBR

Hello!

Been working with a stage for RBR for some time now, and as I've progressed through the development I've noticed that objects I've placed out sometimes disappear once the track is exported to RBR. They are fully visible and normal in BTB but disappear (on random basis I guess) in the game when I try the stage. I have not changed anything in the properties for each object and the pattern seem to be pretty random. If I delete the object and place it out again, then it will work but that's sort of unproductive, having to constantly look for disappearing objects... I'm unsure if it's only objects or if it involves SObjects, Walls and so on, but I'm pretty sure it's just Objects that's been disappearing.

Has anyone experienced this before, and how can I solve it? Would be very thankful for an answer :)

My computer specs.
Acer Aspire M5800
2,60 GHz Pentium Dual-Core
Windows 7, 64-bit

Thanks Erwin! What is a recommended LOD value? The thing is, that when the objects disappear in game and I try to run into them I don't hit anything, despite checking the collide setting. So it's like nothings there... Will really LOD help this?

Yeah exactly, that's why it's so strange... I guess something goes wrong in the exporting phase. I have had some errors from Microsoft .NET framework, saying there's not enough memory in certain situations in BTB, however I don't get this message while exporting...

Anyone else have any suggestions? Basically everytime now that I export my track there are different objects disappearing. Noticed this time a fence (SObject) was gone along with a few other objects. It's really frustrating having to deal with it all the time. Can it be some kind of a limit of number of objects?

Thanks anyway, Erwin! No one else? I searched around and noticed this question popped up earlier but no solution there either... Guess I'll have to start filing all my objects and their location, then...

Are these objects with transparencies in the texture, like trees and grass.
Do you have 3dsimed?
I had a similar problem not with RBR but rFactor , in a conversion.
Would you upload the track for me to have a look. Different eyes might see something. and it may help me with my problem!

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah I'd be real glad if someone else could have a look at it! I'm unsure if it relates to transparencies, but mostly objects not related to the terrain disappears (like hay bales or wood logs and so on). I don't have 3dsimed unfortunately! I'll send the project file to you if possible. Can you PM/post your email please! Thank you so much! :)

I think I've found a solution now that's working!

It seems that if you place out several objects of the same type, i.e a house used several times or haybales, the object properties (i.e. collide, driveable, render and so on) has to have identical settings for each of the objects of the same type. If they're not (which was the case with me), it seems that some of the objects risk disappearing when exporting. I made all my objects of the same type have identical properties and suddenly all lost objects returned! So that seem to be the problem here. I dunno if this is only in RBR it causes trouble but at least it solved my problem!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%