Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: NSU TT(Download)
Track: Zolder GP (default)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (14 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (5 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.05 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.15 (14 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

I changed my lobby and I ran a few laps online and everything was okay.
Is that a problem, if my name is Máté Orbán in the game?
And how can I change it to Mate Orban, if i had to? (sorry for my never ending questions...)
Good:)

You could try to make a new profile, but maybe the same thing would happen to the name.

Otherwise you could go to "GTL/Userdata" and change the name of the folder to the correct name. And also change name of the "Username.plr" file inside the folder to the correct name spelling. (But make a backup of the folder first!)

Well... I like the car a lot, the track aswell but I wasn't feeling much up to serious racing to be honest... Kinda tired :oops:

Q1: 2nd place, no practice before the event so I'll take it !
R1: Pretty good fight with Leszek in the first few laps and then him, Mate and Bob all went off one after the other, respectively... Pretty lonely race after that, wasn't really concentrating, spun, was still miles ahead and decided to do a hotlap on the last lap, low 56'... Took 1st.

Q2: Pretty decent lap, high 56' so not optimal, still 1st by I think a full second...
R2: Got a good start, held off Mate, build a gap and then no concentration, spun, spun again and hit a wall in weird fashion :confused:

Oh well, thanks RD, Stu and my fellow racers :)

Q1: 3rd place was good for me. I saw all of the WTM races and I know William's skills, he's a fast racer.
R1: It was a good race. Shame that I made a few mistakes. But at the and the others have problems too, so I could take the 2nd place.

Q2: I thought that the 57 high will be enough for the pole, but I was wrong. William did a 56, massive respect!
R1: I was trying to keep up the pace with William, but he gave me half secs in every lap. And I had to look in the mirror, coz I got Leszek on my rear bumper.
After a few laps William made a mistake and I took the 1st place. Tried to leave Leszek, but I spun out in the last chicane and finished in 3rd place.

It was a good race with good guys! Thx for the organization!

See u next time!

(sorry for my bad english)

Had a fun event last night. Zolder was a nice track with this car, but it was tough work to keep it heading in the right direction. Had my fair share of spins but there were always people around to keep racing with. Actually it was quite a large grid yesterday.

Finally had a chance to try out Teamspeak, but I need to change some settings as I couldn't really hear y'all over the engine sound. I also saw something about an "game overlay" when I installed it but haven't seen it yet. Anyone knows how to turn it on?

Thanks Stuart and all the showed up. Will try to be there tomorrow as well.

Just when you think life is getting boring and predictable, along came Zolder and the NSU TT combo! Thanks Stuart, a little more insight into the workings of your mind...

Race1...I had set a respectable start, and survived turn 1 only to slide gracefully off the multi apex turn 2! Did the same thing again lap 2...now dead last and feeling no pressure, so had a great time with the little car as I climbed back into the race.

Race 2 If I learned anything from Race 1, it was that 20 seconds in the gravel was not worth the extra second a lap gained by trying to push too hard. Had a good quali and start. As I turned in for Turn 1, someone slid by me on the inside, tapped my front left and pirouetted off my bumper into the "sand". I was surprised to be still heading in the right direction, regained my pace and that was it.
By mid race I was in a little bubble 12 seconds behind the front pack. I kept expecting a challenge from behind which never happened, and, judging by the sounds of the gong show on team speak, I missed all the fun. Congrates to William and Leszek* for the win, and the other podium finishers, Stuart, Bob and Mate. Thanks Stu, and all who showed up this event, hopefully see everyone next week

*Sorry Leszek, I had to make a correction on that, well done!

I generally have a hard time hearing roland, or anybody else for that matter so I turn the TS volume up to +4dB and then when in GTL, alt-tab out and manually turn GTL down in the sound mixer thing. Takes a while though as the mixer lags while GTL is running. :/

WRT the overlay, I do not know how to get it working with GTL.

I remembered seeing the NSU on track in my very first RD race, but never driven it myself until now.
What a funny little car! I do really love the bathtub looks of this little car, and remember them populating our streets when I was a (very young) kid.
In the last 20 years though I've only ever seen one IRL, on a Zandvoort Track Day years ago. I remember the guy crashing it HARD into the barriers at Hugenholz... :(

Only now I realise how easy it is to do just that, as I crashed my virtual NSU at least a dozen times last night.. and since I was not the only one, I'll just blame the car :p

R1 was allright, good start into 5th, up to 2nd as people in front spun off, chased hard by Stuart 'til almost halfway, when I spun it two consecutive times in turn 4, Blanchi.:mad:
Dropped from 2nd to 5th to 11th, but finished 8th in the end, and had some fun fights along the way. Not unhappy at all with that one..

R2 was.. well... let's say my performance was not great. Dropped to the back of the field almost instantly, crawled back up to halfway, only to drop back again. Plenty of racing action, but about half way through a somewhat shocking realisation popped into my mind:
Among the 14 drivers still running, there were four dutch guys. And at that point we ALL were running at the back in 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th......:eek::eek: OH NOES!! THATS AWFUL! What a disgrace!:oops: Help!! The dutch will be made a mockery until eternity if it stays this way!! And nothing I could do about it as I could by no means find a way past Jack! Help!!

So while I was mentally getting ready to apply for Belgian Citizenship:D, Jack came to the rescue and made a courtesy visit to one of the gravel traps allowing some of us to get by, so I still managed 9th in the end.
Thank you, my friend. The dutch owe you!;)

Thanks Stu for another refreshing combo, Grats to all podium finihsers, and thanks to everyone present for racing. Hope to see you again soon!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back