Nothing is better than iRacing

T

tyuS

• tyuS

Who wants to buy RF2?? When their tracks get and actual 1/100th of an inch off from real world courses then maybe, MAYBE I'll look into it.

iRacing is where it's at. Nothings better than iRacing plain and simple. Try it once you'll never go back.

Also, they are constantly improving the game , updating physics, gearbox etc. you wont get that from rF2.

Why not? ISI had continued to develop rFactor. rFactor2 may be better than iRacing for all we know and ISI have already said the rF2 will continue to be developed after the initial release.

IRacing is no doubt very good, but I'm held back from it as I simply can't afford the content I would like to have.

So you tried rFactor 2 already and didn't like it?

Come on Bram, your "joke" doesn't make sense. I am talking about games that are RELEASED!
Of course, I haven't tried rF2. You assume rF2 will be the best racing sim? How can you tell it will be so great if you haven't tried it? That hype reminds me of f1 2010 which ws a huge letdown for sim fans. fun Racing game, yes, but no sim.

I bet if iRacing would only cost 60bucks one time, you would play it with no end in sight, but you would never admit it , of course.

When I am talking about best sim out there, I don't consider price so much.

So if you would take away that iRacing is subscribtion based. You would still prefer rFactor?

WHEN rf2 finally will be relased and it looks better than iRacing , sounds better than iRacing, has more diverse cars and tracks than iRacing, better FFB than iRacing and an even better way to have full races without little kids that just play demolition derby, I will definitely switch.

Hmmmmm

Why is this thread even on the rF2 forum?? Im sure iRacing is wonderful, but I dont see the comparasion to rF2 or rF for that matter? But if this has to be 'here' I think substantially MORE copys of rFactor were sold than the 20,000 iRacing subscribers? Hmmmmm....... :)

il_fullxfull.71966514.jpg

Yeah too easy i know :)

Excellent, can i pin it on him please, pretty please..

I really don't know who you can make out that Iracing is the better sim out there. I have played it and I think it is crap. Most of the cars do not even look that good I think many are better in Rfactor. and the handling is just poo. and on top of all that it is a rip off as I have had to pay god knows how much to play it in the first place. As I have seen myself on these forum's some of the members have payed up £500 that is a poxy joke you can get a real car for that sort of money. rfactor and NetKar Pro are way better games the Iracing will ever be and I think it shows how good Rfactor is when so many real world teams use it for there simulator's.

I really don't know who you can make out that Iracing is the better sim out there. I have played it and I think it is crap. Most of the cars do not even look that good I think many are better in Rfactor. and the handling is just poo. and on top of all that it is a rip off as I have had to pay god knows how much to play it in the first place. As I have seen myself on these forum's some of the members have payed up £500 that is a poxy joke you can get a real car for that sort of money. rfactor and NetKar Pro are way better games the Iracing will ever be and I think it shows how good Rfactor is when so many real world teams use it for there simulator's.

Whoah....trolling season has already started? Awesome! :)

Bloody ell Wayne! Thats a fair sweeping statement, iRacing is fantastic but can get quite expensive indeed! as to the fact the models dont look good, think you must need glasses mate, they are outstanding and all laser scanned to get perfect accuracy, FFB is far nicer than anything rF has to offer and the tracks just look immense (look at Spa, nothing else like that available).

iRacing acheives all this as its a paid for service and can have money pumped into it unlike rFactor, its content is made by modding teams who a lot of the time have no budget at all.

Having said all that, i love rFactor as you are able to do a lot more with it in terms of the great mods available and the multiclass racing which cannot be beaten and i cant wait to see what graphical / physics enhancements rF2 brings.

I think at the end of the day people will always argue which they think is better but they both have there merits and downfalls.

The cars are just as good in RF fsone cars are better then the f1 in IR And V8 Factor are by far the best looking v8 models I have seen on any game even gt5 and forza.

The force feed back is not to do with the game but people not knowing how to do it right I have an awesome force on mine in any car and I don't use any of that real feel stuff I made the thing my self 2 weeks of trying out and changing it and other members that have tried it have said it is the best they have used and the good thing is you can use it online and you don't lose it as its only text not software.

But yeah as you say each to there own

for an idea of how much it costs to do a season at iRacing here is what it has cost me to run the V8 supercars this season

3 months $30
Ford Falcon FG01 V8 $10.76

Virginia International Raceway $14.95
Road America $13.46
Watkins Glen International $13.46
Silverstone Track $13.46
Brands Hatch $13.46
Zandvoort $13.46
Mid-Ohio $13.46
Road Atlanta $13.46
Phillip Island $13.46
Laguna Seca
Lime Rock
Summit Point

Total $163.39
£102.11

Now of course when i run the series next season i will have most of the tracks so it will just be the 3 months sub and maybe a new track that i need to buy.

for an idea of how much it costs to do a season at iRacing here is what it has cost me to run the V8 supercars this season

3 months $30
Ford Falcon FG01 V8 $10.76

Virginia International Raceway $14.95
Road America $13.46
Watkins Glen International $13.46
Silverstone Track $13.46
Brands Hatch $13.46
Zandvoort $13.46
Mid-Ohio $13.46
Road Atlanta $13.46
Phillip Island $13.46
Laguna Seca
Lime Rock
Summit Point

Total $163.39
£102.11

Now of course when i run the series next season i will have most of the tracks so it will just be the 3 months sub and maybe a new track that i need to buy.

You see that from this it's very expensive to take part in series that interest you especially if you want to drive in more than one!!!

Don't get me wrong, if I could afford it easily then I would as I enjoyed iRacing when I had it, but I hated the fact I couldn't afford the content I wanted to have. I would love to be given the chance to try something like the V8 Ford Falcon and see just how iRacing feels with a car like that. I liked the Solstice and the Legand car. Found the steering a little too sensitive with the Skippy and hated the feel of the Ford thingy (forget what it's called) as all it did was turn like I was using a control pad. This put me off spending out on other cars if they felt bad to drive. Atleast with rFactor you can download a new mod, try it and if you don't like it, delete it at no cost.

IRacing has a deserved place in the Simracing world, but it prices out too many people like myself. I know you get more back if you spend more, which is gr8, but it's not for a sim racer on a budget:frown:.

I don't see myself ever getting back to it as I don't want to spend forever trying to catch up with all the content I'd like. Now if I win the Lottery soon, then I'll be on track in no time:).

You see that from this it's very expensive to take part in series that interest you especially if you want to drive in more than one!!!

Don't get me wrong, if I could afford it easily then I would as I enjoyed iRacing when I had it, but I hated the fact I couldn't afford the content I wanted to have. I would love to be given the chance to try something like the V8 Ford Falcon and see just how iRacing feels with a car like that. I liked the Solstice and the Legand car. Found the steering a little too sensitive with the Skippy and hated the feel of the Ford thingy (forget what it's called) as all it did was turn like I was using a control pad. This put me off spending out on other cars if they felt bad to drive. Atleast with rFactor you can download a new mod, try it and if you don't like it, delete it at no cost.

IRacing has a deserved place in the Simracing world, but it prices out too many people like myself. I know you get more back if you spend more, which is gr8, but it's not for a sim racer on a budget:frown:.

I don't see myself ever getting back to it as I don't want to spend forever trying to catch up with all the content I'd like. Now if I win the Lottery soon, then I'll be on track in no time:).

What if I bought all the content for you?

For me, iRacing is a money issue. With rFactor and Race-games I can drive every day in different leagues, with different mods and classes each day. Just from buying the game. That is not possible with iRacing. I do have an account. And I use it when I can afford it, but as a student, I'm stuck with the rookie classes, that is boring after some months.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back