Nordschleife on Friday (just because we can) - who's up for it?

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
Hello all,

My team mates (@Dennis Coufal & @Rui F. Martins) and I don't really have much to do next weekend, so we're planning to host a small event (if we manage to find somewhere to host it). Obviously we'll be using rFactor 2, and hopefully this version of the infamous Green Hell: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nordschleife-24-hour-nürburgring-test-version.98305/

We hope to have the event on Friday 2nd; I know it's incredibly short notice, and confirmation as to whether or not the event goes ahead will probably be last minute (it all depends on finding somewhere to host it), but if things go according to plan then it should be a lot of fun.

There are no plans for an official race format. It's very much going to be a turn up and drive (like a track day), unless we manage to find a fair few drivers who are interested, in which case we would try to setup a mini-endurance challenge. At the moment there are 4 of us, and a few other guys have expressed their interest on another forum.

So, I'm here to try and drum up some more interest. The more people we have the better the chance of the event being hosted (if we ask nicely :roflmao:)!

So, who's up for it!?

Just reply here if you're interested, and we shall keep you posted! It'd be great if this happens and you could join us! :D

UPDATE:

SERVER IS NOW UP!

Details:
Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM NORDS
Server password: Click here

Necessary mod details can be found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/isi-gt-multi-class-nordschleife-24h-fri-2nd-jan.98340/

Qualifying: 19pm GMT (60 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (60 minutes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice combi I guess ;).
I have checked the Nords, and as long as you drive it by day light, it's ok. There are some issues with the road and the grass not being fully attached to each other, which is most visible at night.

If that helps. we can set a server up for you.
As I do not have access to my home PC from my work at this moment, I can't make a mod. If someone can make that for us, I can set up a server for you guys if you want.

Hey guys. It's great to see that people are interested! Regarding the time, I think the set up will be an open session from 1pm (hopefully), and then a 2 hour race later on in the day (probably at around 4pm / 5pm)! I hope this is OK with everyone. If anyone has any suggestions then just let us know! :thumbsup:

@Marco Bijl if you could set up a server for us that would be fantastic. I will create a mod this evening (after the VWSR event is over) and send it to you. Thank you very much! :D

Hey guys. It's great to see that people are interested! Regarding the time, I think the set up will be an open session from 1pm (hopefully), and then a 2 hour race later on in the day (probably at around 4pm / 5pm)! I hope this is OK with everyone. If anyone has any suggestions then just let us know! :thumbsup:

@Marco Bijl if you could set up a server for us that would be fantastic. I will create a mod this evening (after the VWSR event is over) and send it to you. Thank you very much! :D

Great! :)

I dunno why there aren't more races on Saturdays, since this is the best day for racing for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels that way.

I find every ISI car fun except for the Clio and F3 and even they get a lot of love by others.
I guess a lot of people would be more interested, if more racing is on great classic tracks like Spa, Monza, Nordschleife etc. Some other rF2 tracks are a bit dull like Malaysia's full layout.

Indeed, but I'd still rather drive Malaysia than any oval.

Clio is bad, classic F1 is not so much fun either, but the rest I can live with.

Everything except the 1976 cars and Mini's in GSC is also fun :)

Ok. Keep the info coming. I will make some form of proposal for the coming time, and post it here so you can see if its what you like ;).

I do want to ask you all to help getting the grids filled. Share the links to the races you want to participate on via your facebook or tag your racing buddys in the threads. Lets see if we can get the online racing on rf2 back on track again!

Ok. Keep the info coming. I will make some form of proposal for the coming time, and post it here so you can see if its what you like ;).

I do want to ask you all to help getting the grids filled. Share the links to the races you want to participate on via your facebook or tag your racing buddys in the threads. Lets see if we can get the online racing on rf2 back on track again!

Oh yes! :D Let's make it epic...

Just a suggestion: what do you guys think about the Formula ISI or MakCorp 1993/1994 McLaren at Nordschleife? Or any other better suggestions? This is just a starter suggestion, I'm sure there'll be better ones :D

The harder you make the car the more chance you have that event is ruined before it even starts.

If there is one car that has proven itself to be extremely unsuited for club racing its an F1 car.

Classic F3's are much easier to race :)

HAHA! Yeh, what Bram said. As much as this will be for fun, it will need to be kept clean and safe - essentially in-line with RaceDepartment's rules of racing.

I think we've come to a conclusion that the available cars will be the 'vette, Camaro and Civic (just because it's new)! We might also include the 370z if people want to use it! So there will ultimately be 4 classes to choose from, which is quite broad.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%