NetKar Pro Update

Netkar pro was updated today. From my very small test I think the tyre model maybe slightly different. I may be wrong. Perhaps we could post here any changes noticed or something official from Kunos would be cool.

Just made some laps with all different cars and notest some changes on physics (specialy on the Formula cars) ... they dont have so much grip on rear and that make them a bit more challenging to drive ... wich i like ... F1600/F1800 felt really good to drive right now ... the other formulas still make me feel a bit on arcade mode but not as much as before ....

in all cars they now slide more easly when i hit the gas on turn exit ... its not such a big diference but enough to make them feel better (more realistic i think)

notest also changes on small details like allways getting new tires when starting the game

In all i think the cars feel better but also more difficult to control wich IMO is a good pronounce for the way they are working in AC physics:thumbsup:

EDIT: Ok my previous observations were full of bollocks so here are things that i observed in Race studio 2.
Comparing Ks2 on blackwood circuit lateral acceleration peaks at lower values. There is at least 0.2-0.4G difference. My breakpoints are very similar. Maybe i added 1 meter but there is no massive difference. Longitudinal deceleration levels are nearly identical.
With identical setup car have much more understeer. I can't change directions fast enough witch makes me stay in corner for longer and makes it harder to put power down. Looking at time difference i have lost 1.5 seconds but taking into account only twisty sections of sectors 2 and 3 i lost about 0.7 seconds. And on that part plot rises in quite linear fashion. There is not much very sudden dips witch would indicate driving errors. It seems KS2 is consistently a bit slower each corner.

Improvements:

- more realistic car physics improvements (this is my own opinion / others may think different)
- abarth doenst roll over after hitting the curbs
- new tires everytime you start a new session
- in a server configured with 2 consecutive race sessions, the server is not moving automatically to the second race session
- disabled automatic go to grid. This will avoid having cars on the grid when the driver is not in front of his pc
- improvements on the sound engine (backfire) - The Lambo sounds crazy now:) .

nice. The target feels loose, seems to respond better to aero balance changes...Abarth still swaps ends under heavy braking, so no change there then. I'll try the 1600 later to see if it's different.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%