netKar Pro 1.3 is out

Anyone having problems online? Some people seem to be ctd when on servers. I'm just 5 minutes left, so I guess I can find out for myself soon. And I think I'll try Sergio's strategy of leaving 1.2 alone and just installing this in a new folder.

Anyone having problems online? Some people seem to be ctd when on servers. I'm just 5 minutes left, so I guess I can find out for myself soon. And I think I'll try Sergio's strategy of leaving 1.2 alone and just installing this in a new folder.

Yep it's unstable when online (for me anyway). I get 1 or 2 laps in and the ".... has experienced a problem and needs to shutdown" happens. Bummer.

Despite the errors all I can say is WOW!!!!

I find the hill climb way up there, haven't had those sensations since I used to play RBR! BTW anybody find the handbrake? There was talk of it somewhhere.

BIG UP KUNOS!!!!!

atm 1.3 has a lot of problems with the online..... usually guys crash after few laps or minuts.... some guys said that if you have windows 7 you must try to put compatibility with XP SP3 on the .exe of netkar!! ;)

about the handbrake there is and it works with the vintage and with the 500 and is set on "ins" key on the kayboard, but with programs like JoytoKey you can easily mapping it to a button on your wheel or joystick!! ;)

Lito just right click netkar PRO_NT.exe, click on the compatibility tab, and check disable visual themes and see if that works.

After a little googling I figured out that disabling visual themes is just the new default taskbar and theme windows XP uses. Disabling desktop composition is just disabling Windows Aero which is only available in Vista/7.

I tried the compatibility mode thingy tonight :confused: and found that the program won't run in NT compatibility mode. But I then ran it with disabled visual themes and advanced text services and it "seemed" to be more stable. I was able to finish a 12 lap race at Monza with 3 others online and then it crashed just after one of the drivers left the server. When I joined another server it CTD'd every couple of laps. I'm running XP SP3. Anyone have any other clues or tips on how to stop the CTDs (other than wait for an update from Kunos of course :rolleyes:)? The tire model on this release is awesome and lots of fun but it sucks when you can't do more that a couple of laps. :frown:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%