Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Download: [normal game] Reduced bling around the track V3

Downloads: A new file has been added by Tobias Kluge:

[normal game] Reduced bling around the track V3

This MOD reduce adboards, graffities, tents, flags, and some metal constructions beside the track. Helicopter, Planes, Balloons and moving circusparts are completely removed from the racetrack.
All real racetracks in Shift are patched, the fictional tracks lacking only some generic things (planes, some ads, etc).

1. Installation

Backup your "pakfiles" folder in the game folder first. This mod is delivered with the genius bff-tools from japamd
http://forum.racedepartment.com/down...ff-tools-1740/

In order to install this mod, simple extract the attached zip file and run the "injector.exe" to install. Thats it. No need to unpack the whole game.

Now start the game and test the mod, if you don't like it copy your backup back.

Download: [normal game] Modified speed DOF effects

[normal game] Modified speed DOF effects

Simple tweak of the DOF effect at high speeds.
There are 2 files inside, the first one reduces the effect by a big margin, the latter deactivate this effect completely.

1. Installation

Backup your "pakfiles" folder in the game folder first. This mod is delivered with the genius bff-tools from japamd

In order to install this mod, simple extract the attached zip file and run the "injector.exe" to install. Thats it. No need to unpack the whole game.

Now start the game and test the mod, if you don't like it copy your backup back.

Download: [normal game] Modified AI aggression & optional grip level

[normal game] Modified AI aggression & optional grip level

So I tried some simple tweaks to the AI-aggression and the overall grip level in the PRO mode of the game.

You can find the right file in the archive, if you take a closer look to the filename.
The default AI-griplevel is at 96-98% and the Player-griplevel is in PRO-mode about 120% in normal racing and 130% in drift mode.
Now it should be quite easy to choose right setting for you, from the attached archives.

1. Installation

I was messing with the same thing here, but I didn't find a way to do it.

I do not believe that the glow you see from brake lights and exhaust flashes are illumination at all. They're just regular textures 'painted' on the track below the car. Take a look at vehicles\_data\effects\backfire\exhaustbackfireterraingloworange.dds.

Anti-Roll Feature

Is there a way to disable this rather irritating feature? I if make a mistake bad enough to cause a roll, I want to roll!

I did find the following in the physicstweaker.xml but, if that is indeed the feature, it is already set to 'false'. I also tried setting the forces to 0, but there was no affect.

Code:
        <prop name="Enable Anti Flip Aid" data="false" />
        <prop name="Anti Flip Minimum Angle" data="45" />
        <prop name="Anti Flip Maximum Angle" data="60" />
        <prop name="Anti Flip Torque Fixing Force" data="5" />
        <prop name="Anti Flip Orientation Fixing Force" data="2" />

• TAKU0730

Yeah, well at least this is for temporary fix. I see speed improvement on my Zonda F from 280Kms/h to 330. Same goes for Lamborghini, no horrible power slides

Not for me. With the upgrades being ignored and tuning at default, the Murc has a top speed of 150mph. Setting all options for max speed results in a top speed of 160mph, and it takes an age to get there. As the AI is happily getting full use out of their own upgrades, this bug makes racing them very difficult to impossible. I can still out-corner them, but they just sail by as soon as we hit a straight.

In addition to Tobias' request: is it possible to make option in compiler to turn off creating backup files? Original files can be always restored from original DVD :)
Thank you in advance.

• TAKU0730

Thats prolly save file, cottupted with bug =/ I had this stupid bounce bug on LP640, slight drift into dirt and your car is a rap dancer, like in movies

Thank you very much! Works like a charm!

Great!

Hi japamd,

first, great you developed your tool to this extends. Thank you. :victory:

I had one request for the mod delivering :) Right now your injector makes backups of the repacked *bff archives, but if you install mods which change files in the same bff file, there is no way back other than recopy the whole pakefile folder and apply the patches you finally want.
It would be great if your injector tool in conjunction with the compiler, is able to backup the modified files inside the *bff file (with your *bfi script) and restore it, when asked if possible (md5sum?).

Thanks! I'm planning an uninstall feature where the installer/injector will save the files being replaced (only the file(s), not the entire BFF archive), and if the installer is executed again it will detect that mod is already installed and will ask for uninstall using those saved files. Maybe is that what you asking for?

In addition to Tobias' request: is it possible to make option in compiler to turn off creating backup files? Original files can be always restored from original DVD :)
Thank you in advance.

Roger that.

------------------------------

I'm finishing testing the unpacker GUI and will publish it soon.

sshot20091008152237.png

• Tiga

I agree with you on the speed of levelling Goffik. I had unlocked the NFS Live while still finishing tier 2, even without my increased laps. The ease of doing so doesnt really encourage one to push for every point they can get within the lower tier races.

As for the car prices, at this stage I have no idea if its possible to lower the resale price for cars and parts, but it is something i'm interested to find out.

The idea in the end is to try and balance the campaign to require a little effort, and encourage 100% completion of tiers or at least repeat races to make up the difference.

Just curious, but when you hit something using this mod, do you still get some brief graphical effects around the edge of the screen? Its not blurring or greyscale... it looks more like corruption. It doesn't bother me because it doesn't interfere with my view, but I'm just wondering if I missed something when I made my own version of this mod.

I'd say the corruption is due to the camera swinging around wildly. I dont actually use it myself, I prefer a little blur. In my own version I simple made the effect apply and remove quicker. I prefer that than seeing the camera shake wildly. Good thing is, the files are easily adjustable in terms of blur amount.

I hate to think what might happen in this game if the car rolls. The world might end.

The AI certain can roll, but the player cars dont even seem able to get on two wheels (i have tried).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%