My first skinning attempt

Ok so I had to do something with the F1 as the a solid color or Williams just didn't work for me. This is my ruff draft, and a work in progress. I used the style of the 2010 Virgin and put my own twist with color on it as I'm not really a red type of guy. I'm working on what to do with sponsors now and perhaps a few other changes. I hope it doesn't look that bad, it took me FOREVER to do it... hahaha

Whatcha think?

my_f1.jpg

Ok I tried for a few hours to get it all to line up. Yeah that just isn't happening...lol... I kind of painted myself into a corner with using such a complicated paint. SOooo, it will be not lined up totally. I have kept it simple, and I really think adding more sponsors will not look all that great.

Whatcha think?
**edit** it's up on trading paints

rileyskinfinal.jpg

rileyskinfinal_1.jpg

After a lot of messing about (figuring out how to draw straight lines!) I have managed to put two cars together. Little bit of tidying up needed but generally I am happy with my evenings work. Both up on Trading Paints so the MX5 will be appearing in the Lime Rock Park bar on Sunday night.

MX5_Roadster.jpg

MyStarMazda.jpg

Attachments

• MyStarMazda.jpg
    MyStarMazda.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 194
  • MX5_Roadster.jpg
    MX5_Roadster.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 194
Is there any more easy to understand tutorials for painting in iRacing as all the ones on iRacing all are full of alien talk that i just don't understand. Like remove these layers etc but where the fook are these bloody layers! Using Photoshop C5S Extended edition and i'm just lost. Really want to paint my vette and V8

Is there any more easy to understand tutorials for painting in iRacing as all the ones on iRacing all are full of alien talk that i just don't understand. Like remove these layers etc but where the fook are these bloody layers! Using Photoshop C5S Extended edition and i'm just lost. Really want to paint my vette and V8

Layers are on the bottom right of the screen. There will be a little eye looking thing that you can click on to make it "not visable". There might be a little arrow that you need to click to show the layers as well. If you don't see them click on design or photography at the top right.

**EDIT**

Attached screenshot of my photoshop

http://www.catalinasgrace.com/mystuff/rd/rosshelp.jpg

@lee:

Its exactly the same. Up until the save part. Instead of *.dds you save as *.tga with compression ( ithink that you find the details of what compression in the Iracing forum's painting thread). make sure you hide all of the "iracing" decal items before saving or you'll get duplicates.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%