My first skinning attempt

Ok so I had to do something with the F1 as the a solid color or Williams just didn't work for me. This is my ruff draft, and a work in progress. I used the style of the 2010 Virgin and put my own twist with color on it as I'm not really a red type of guy. I'm working on what to do with sponsors now and perhaps a few other changes. I hope it doesn't look that bad, it took me FOREVER to do it... hahaha

Whatcha think?

my_f1.jpg

Thanks Will, he is still working on the other two. My plan is that maybe everyone will be looking at my paint and crash out, allowing me carry on and win the race.

HAHAHAHAHA, that is too funny. The funniest part is I'm sure it will work at least a few times...

It does look good though! I think when I finally go ahead and get that car I may do a warbird paint on it. I might do the same for the Star, and F1 as well... Just not sure about those two yet though, but for sure the DP.

Are there any step by step guides for painting cars out there dudes?
I want a painted car too... stamps foot!
George

There are two good tutorials for race skins in the Race series forum. The only difference is that you save for I racing as .tga rather than as a .dds. What that really means is that you don't need to get hold of Photoshop to do them you can use paint.net or GIMP both of which are free!

@George you could also try to get in contact with a painter (these are a couple of the latest cars he has done for me,(hoop the link works) I gave it up after 5 a tempts, I try d to paint the truck and it look t like a mars-bar on wheels,so I started to look for a painter and found this one,TDS Motorsport

ok so I knew that I would be getting the riley and I've been thinking about what to do with the paint. Well since I now have it my idea can sort of been seen here. However after putting the first coat of paint I'm not so sure about this one. There is SOOoooooo much that I'm going to have to do to make it all straight and line up that I'm not sure that I can do it... lol...

What do you think so far? I'll get a close screenshot. Keep in mind this is a huge work in progress.

rileyskin.jpg

rileyskin_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back