My first skinning attempt

Ok so I had to do something with the F1 as the a solid color or Williams just didn't work for me. This is my ruff draft, and a work in progress. I used the style of the 2010 Virgin and put my own twist with color on it as I'm not really a red type of guy. I'm working on what to do with sponsors now and perhaps a few other changes. I hope it doesn't look that bad, it took me FOREVER to do it... hahaha

Whatcha think?

my_f1.jpg

Nice start Joe.

What I'd recommend doing is throwing a few more sponsors on there - also try and do some of the sponsors just one colour, such as the LG one on the front wing. It keeps the design looking a bit cleaner. Perhaps try and put that thin white stripe on the rear wing too, currently it doesn't quite match up. Here's a list of my iRacing schemes - maybe it'll give you a few ideas.

Nice work so far though, shows a lot of promise :)

Nice paint guys, I want to get some for a few of my cars for next season, but I'm all thumbs when it comes to that stuff. I think I will put an offer of a $10 iracing gift card out there for a nice paint job. The first two would be for my Lotus and the DP.

How does this look? Is that what you mean? I added some white stripes to the rear wing, and a Nikon logo to the inside top of the rear wing. That isn't easy to match up eh?...lol... I haven't done anything to the rear wing that you could see from behind just yet. I might add a touch of black to the rear wing between the two bottom stripes, but I'm not sure just yet.

my_f1_2.jpg

It's actually here at RD. Here is the link http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skinpacks-13/williams-fw31-psd-zip-3512/

When I first opened the template, I almost didn't do it...lol... After I picked myself up off the floor, I thought a solid color just wasn't working so I pushed myself to do it...

**EDIT**
I noticed that when I was testing I was going up the straight and the shadows from the trees were not being cast onto the car. Is this something with the F1 or is the paint causing it? Did I do something wrong?

**EDIT**
I noticed that when I was testing I was going up the straight and the shadows from the trees were not being cast onto the car. Is this something with the F1 or is the paint causing it? Did I do something wrong?

All you need to do is save it as a 24bit .tga with compression on. That shouldn't affect shadows or anything like that so I'd check your graphics settings.

I like how you've changed it too, looks much better now :)

Very nice work Joe, I started using paint.net a couple of weeks ago and had mixed results with my efforts.

For each sponsor logo, are you saving them as separate layers or putting them all on 1 layer? Whatever I am doing at the moment the car on track is not looking like the car in paint. Logos appearing on the wrong panels and blotchy colouring everywhere!

Well, at the moment when I save it I have each logo or set (LG for the top and bottom) on a seperate layer. That way when I mess something up I don't have as much work to fix it...hehe One thing I did notice is at when I first started this paint where all the black in now it was white. I had the issues of my logos being at a point that I almost could not even read them. No matter what I did it looked horrible. So I changed it to black and they look ok now. I'm not sure if its the color, or I didn't something different but it worked...haha

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%