Moving the Australian Grand Prix Poll

Eric Jaeger

2012 GP2 Champion
Even though I do like the track at Melbourne, I think a better venue for Formula 1 in Australia would be the track at Philip Island. Although the track doesn't lend itself to a lot of overtaking opportunities, I think this would be a real driver's track with its fast flowing turns...(that and I'm tired of all these street circuits they keep adding). Just looking for some feedback on this idea or if you have another track in Australia in mind feel free to share.

The choice of track has very little to do with the flow or character of the track, it's all about money and politics. I'd say there is almost zero chance of it ever moving to Phillip Island (great track that it is though).
The bigger question is whether Australia will continue to host a F1 GP into the future.

i like Albert Park track from sim racing but F1 drivers irl dont really like it much, its average track overall although superb environment with lot of F1 worshipers
in the opposite of noob people on Singapor, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi...
Bernie should add Philips Islands in the championship but remove these Tilke's horors

Obviously not. Phillip Island is a terrible circuit, not suited for F1 at all. Why would you want to move it from Albert Park, it is one of the few circuits on the F1 calendar that produces good races regularly?

Monaco is not suited for F1 however its on calendar
if FIA makes strict specifications, there will be roughly a third of championship where F1 wouldnt race on
i think Phillips Islands looks very similar to Mugello which Ferrari owns for some tests, Fernando Alonso admits it would be nice if F1 goes on Mugello
but some drivers like Petrov warned about the danger of such fast track
but its opinion from pussy drivers

Obviously not. Phillip Island is a terrible circuit, not suited for F1 at all. Why would you want to move it from Albert Park, it is one of the few circuits on the F1 calendar that produces good races regularly?
I'd like to move it cause I think Albert Park is a terrible track and the races I've seen there haven't been that good. IMO I don't think any street circuit is "suited" for a formula 1 car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%