More "role play" in club races?

Arne Dopudja

Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.
Some brainstorming here; Should we create teams and keep some score for WTCC 06/07 (+STCC?) club races aswell?
Or maybe run a (bi?)weekly saturday event with WTCC+STCC1/2 on various tracks, random weather and different time/lap formats? <- This i believe is even more interesting

The club races are good and all, league requires commitment which some people cannot afford, so this would be some middle ground to add some backstory to our racing, kind of a "soft" league.

When I saw the thread topic I instantly thought of all the sim racers sat at their wheels with pirate costumes and dressed up as batman and the like. Not the role play it turned out to be.

Off to return my stig costume then... :unsure:

I too have thought about this. A "soft league" .. nice term.
Points could be scored by the number of people in the race, from 1 point to n-points (where n is the number of racers) ... That way, people would be encouraged to finish (score at least 1 pt) instead of drop out
Points could be reset monthly or bi-monthly or quarterly or something. Also, changing vehicle could re-set points.(??)
:coffee:

They could be ran every two weeks, and that gives room for any other special events.
Weather would be set to random, all simulation on full, tire and fuel wear on normal, damage on 100% (I'd even set 200% if possible :D ) and maybe a forced cockpit view for more realism and immersion.

Cars used could be WTCC06/07 and STCC1/2 and car variety should be encouraged, so it doesn't turn into Seat vs. Honda again.
The number of teams would be unlimited but the number of team members would be topped at 4 (maybe 3?). First come first serve basis of signups either individually of teamwise. However resignations should be announced atleast 1-3? hours before the start so reserved signups can jump in. If this rule isn't respected and people just don't show up, they get a ban for the next race. (Not the team, just individuals.)

Events would be ran in different configurations; 90-120 minute enduro sessions, 40-45 minute normal sessions, 2x20 minute sprints, Sprint and Feature races with low and high count of laps respectivelly and using both standing and rolling start, two 25 minute stints on two different variations of the same track... Tracks should be somewhat special, unorthodox, so Nordschleife springs to mind, so does Pau, there is even some reverse tracks that never get played, so there is enough material that hasn't been touched and is mighty interesting.

Point reset every 5 races, 5th race having double points or something. I like your scoring system Vaughn, V8 Supercars use that IIRC.

Forced cockpit view would be a no! you'd lose drivers if you did that.
Well I think you need to come up with a calendar of events, scoring system, a rules and regs system that yourself and some nominated officials to moderate and make judgments on incidents etc.

Of course myself and Dennis can get the events hosted for you and I can help with any skinning and flyer needs but the rest is up to you and your nominated team.

Forced cockpit view would be a no! you'd lose drivers if you did that.
HA, you're weak! :D But I guess you're way more experienced and whatever you say is probably right so I cannot argue that. :p

Ok, I'll work everything out today, so people can start giving input. This is something that should suit everybody so it's best if I/we get more feedback from different people and tailor it to everybody's needs.

Ok, coming back with some stuff;

1.) Teams & Cars
  • Carsets used in these events are fixed to WTCC06, 07 season,
  • Each licensed RD member can participate and is able to create a team with a maximum of 4 people in total and is therefore a Team Leader. Even if the driver has no teammates, he is considered a "team".
  • With an event running every second Saturday or Sunday, there is 8 events in 4 months. After that period points reset. (Possibly carset switch to STCC?)
  • Liveries and custom skins are not required but are highly encouraged. It is not necesarry that a team uses the same livery for each member.

2.) Rules & Regulations
  • RD racing and RD Club racing rules apply, excluding the "golden rule".
  • Any incident complaints will be reviewed by the race moderators/staff and penalised accordingly if needed.
  • Driver is to stay behind the pit exit line when exiting pits.
  • Random weather, assists off, x1 Fuel consumtion and Tire wear are the server parameters
  • Number of participants and teams is unlimited. Server is limited to 25 slots. Signups are closed 24h prior to the start of R1. Drivers that signed up over the 25 slot mark are listed as reserves and are allowed to join if a slot frees up prior Q start.
  • Individual drivers/Teams can sign out minimum 3 hours before the race start. Faliure to sign out and attend results in a ban for the next event.
  • Raceday sessions are as follows;
P1 - Up to P2
P2 - 30 minutes
Q - 20 minutes, standard quali, 3 timed laps maximum.
R1 - Variable
R2 - Variable

• Point system;
1 - 40
2 - 36
3 - 30
4 - 28
5 - 26
6 - 24
7 - 22
8 - 20
9 - 18
10 - 16
11 - 15
12 - 14
13 - 13
14 - 12
15 - 11
16 - 10
17 - 9
18 - 8
19 - 7
20 - 6
21 - 5
22 - 4
23 - 3
24 - 2
25 - 1

• A single point is added for Pole Position and Fastest Lap each.
  • Point system is at its fullest with 25 drivers participating, for any other ammount of drivers, points are being added from the rear. (For ex., If there is only 10 drivers participating, P16-P25 part of scoreboard is used and Winner gets 10 points down to 1 for the last running driver)
  • Scoreboard is defined after the race, dependant on the gridsize on R1 start. Points are added to all finishers. If a driver retires, he gets no race points but the scoring system is still relevant to the starting grid of R1.
  • Triple points for endurance events.

3.) Race calendar for Season1
TBA

Last edited:
OK Arne, I think this is edging dangerously close to being an actual league! maybe I'm guilty of steering you that way?? I think we need to lighten it some, make it a more casual affair? It's nice to have teams and keep some scores going but we've got to keep it fun.

Sorry Arne, but it's too much headache to organizers and drivers. We need to keep it simple. We just need WTCC cars, teams with skins, points (with Arne system) and rules with golden rule, if rules is broken minus some points.

OK Arne, I think this is edging dangerously close to being an actual league! maybe I'm guilty of steering you that way?? I think we need to lighten it some, make it a more casual affair? It's nice to have teams and keep some scores going but we've got to keep it fun.

Sure. Its easier to remove than to add. :p
There, removed some of the unneeded stuff that was just complicating things.
Mostly its the same stuff we do everyday but written in detail so that's that. :D

Arunas, I think the golden rule is by far the silliest thing in a competitive enviroment and is very fitting for the carebear club racing that is happening during the week, since it has a more educational purpose, but here it would just degrade the whole experience. I think we are mature enough not to bash people on purpose.

Well, skins are already there/an option.

Teams aren't a necessity, IMHO (I wouldn't like not being able to drive "my" car because a team's full already) - just taking care of recording the result and publishing them every Tuesday post-race as well as publishing final results every... month? quarter? whatever-the-length-would-be will already add some depth, I guess :)

Well, skins are already there/an option.

Teams aren't a necessity, IMHO (I wouldn't like not being able to drive "my" car because a team's full already) - just taking care of recording the result and publishing them every Tuesday post-race as well as publishing final results every... month? quarter? whatever-the-length-would-be will already add some depth, I guess :)

They are, but if you ran a "team" there would be more initiative, if you catch my drift... Or racing line since we aren't about drifting. :D

I removed that "pick your car" rule so no worries. You can be a one man team with whatever you like Mr. Golda! :D It's more fun if you get another guy with the same car and you two act as a team... however you interpret that. :p Additionally, you can pretend to be a team principal and write some after race reports, as a press conference! Or I can be the interviewer and set questions for the winning pack/Teams after each scored event.

Whoops, I thought I read something about 4 drivers per car at max, which would have meant I could not choose to drive around in an 07 WTCC Seat if four other guys did already form a respective team.
Can't find anything regarding that anymore, soooo.. let's act as if I never mentioned that one ;)

Since it's a slow day at work.. on to some rough-draft-something skinning! :D

Good, Mr. Golda, very good. Looking forward to new skins. :D

Also, we would need a new thread in which teams are listed and scoring is being kept, so its not all over the place. Either pinned here in the general Race07 forums or in the Club Race07 forums. Just asking for permission/opinion. ill create it myself afterwards due to editing reasons.

I've been brainstorming further on this matter. While midweek club races could be scored, there is little point to do so since people use it mostly to test new cars, get used to racing on RD, and so on. Another thing is, it has fixed dry weather, so its a controllable enviroment. Which brings me back to the carset option of STCC1/2 being included aswell on these scored events. With only WTCC pack, we have 6 manufacturers and 8 cars avaliable, which isnt a lot really. I dont know... Im a diversity fanatic, as you might of have guessed. I love to see something else on the track other than standards. Like for instance... The Corolla, or the BMS Incognito, THE fake MB. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back