Monaco

Regarding holes in the guardrails, our track team will try to fix these, but since we only have one person who does the actual editing of the tracks, it is unknown whether he'll have time to do all this.

In any case, should we need to change tracks, we will do so on this Sunday at the latest, to ensure that everyone would have enough time to get used to the other Monaco version.

It's not that the guardrails have holes, it's the way Codemasters built them which causes the issue when converted. You would have to build a none-rendered collision wall all the way round, a la default ISI tracks, but you do need half decent modelling skills and the correct software to do this.

The problems will not necessarily be FPS, but the overloading of RAM resulting in CTDs for many people, as the GMotor engine is designed to only handle 1000polys per GMT (then you can have as many GMTs as you like), when of course Codemasters converted tracks have more.

I tested fps. When racing around last with 25 cars infront i get about fps 5-15 lap 1, that's with full display settings all of that. When i tried the fullproc it only goes to about 10-20 fps still heeps of lag but a tiny improvement. I even tried the settings so basically all low/medium and it only improved to about 20-30 average fps. So basically i'm gunning for a good starting position haha

Its weird, cause I have no problems what so ever on the grid with 30+ AI's with almost maxed gfx and fullproc. FPS is over 80.
My FPS on the other tracks is around 120 with most of the gfx settings on medium.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%