Modding Questions Thread

You can experiment with the values ​​in these rows:
<Parameter name="pitch" type="scalar" value="???????" />
<Parameter name="offset" type="vector3" x="???????" y="???????" z="???????" />
<Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="???????" />
Remember to make backup your own files.:thumbsup:

I looked that up. There are plenty of cameras to change in the file. I dont know which one. I can not distinguish between the cameras. Does anyone know how to?

• Deleted member 137812

Need some big help, how do I change it that top teams stay out on prime tyres in Q1? With the big tyre difference in Melbourne they dont get past Q1 due that. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Hi everyone!,

Firstly, I apologise if I have missed a thread regarding my question, but I haven't seen anything in regards to this.

What I am looking for is, is there a way to reduce or totally remove the 'Lighting glow' that is apparent within the game and, in my opinion, its far too exaggerated.
I wish to reduce or totally remove this effect if possible.

I would like for someone who has experience in this area, to walk me through the process of removing it.

I know lighting mods have been produced however, I like the base lighting as it is, I just want to remove the awful, annoying 'glow'.

Hope someone can help,

Many thanks in advance!

Hey guys, need some help :D
Is there a way to make the AI do 2 pit stops on 50% races on career mode without having to start a new career? I want some more thrill to my races without having to go to 100% race distance. Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys,
I've recently purchased a new i-mac computer. Looking to make the switch from console to computer for my racing. Esp with the availability of mods to better customize my experience. A few questions I have tho...is anyone here playing on imac? Can I use my logitech driving force gt wheel and pedals on my imac. Will I be able to use the mods here in the forum for the game on an imac? Can i race with any pc user online as long as the mods made match their setup? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I would like to use GIMP to skin cars. There is no DDS functionality installed with GIMP, but I have found a plugin that allows viewing, creating, editing and saving DDS files on GIMP:

http://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/

I've tried experimenting with it, but with little success in terms of the DDS formatting options. I can't seem to figure out which ones to use.

There are three sets of options available when I try to export a file to DDS using this plugin:

For "Compression", there is "BC1 / DX1", "BC2 / DX3", "BC3 / DX5", "BC3nm / DX5nm", "BC4 / ATI1 (3Dc+)", "BC5 / ATI2 (3Dc)", "RXGB (DX5)", "Alpha Exponent (DX5)", "YCoCg (DX5)", and "YCoCg scaled (DX5)".

For "Format", there is "RGB8", "RGBA8", "BGR8", "ABGR8", "R5G6B5", "RGBA4", "RGB5A1", "RGB10A2", "R3G3B2", "A8", "L8", "L8A8", "AExp", and "YCoCg".

The plugin asks you whether or not you want to generate a minimap. If you select generate, it asks you whether you want "Default", "Nearest", "Box", "Bilinear", "Bicubic", or "Lanczos".

Could someone tell me whether, based on these options, editing skins for F1 2012 is possible, and if it is, which options I should use?

I opende the file and changed some ´numbers but could not save it as xml. How do i do that? Do i need a converter? The standard "Open Office XML" does not work.
1. Download the BXML Converter.http://petar.outer-heaven.net/d ownloads/
2. Drag and Drop your file on "Ryder BXML Editor.exe". Press enter.
3. This will make a new file called ai_vehicle...C.xml
4. Edit the new file.
5. Drag and drop edited file on the exe again. It will ask for a conversion type. Press 1 and then enter.
6. Rename your new file ai_vehicle...C.C.xml to ai_vehicle....xml
You're absolutely ready.:D

Hey guys, i'm new to this kind of stuff and I wish to learn how to do it.So if there is anyone out there who wish to show some tutorial on how to create a mod, please do share.Thanks.

I don't know if my question is already answered. (I don't want to read 58 pages sorry :) )
When I download a car skin what is based on the McLaren for example. Can I put it in the Marussia Spot? If it's possible, how I do this? :)

I don't know if my question is already answered. (I don't want to read 58 pages sorry :) )
When I download a car skin what is based on the McLaren for example. Can I put it in the Marussia Spot? If it's possible, how I do this? :)
No you need the Mclaren model then for it.You can change all mc2 files to ma2 file,also interiors.then you have the Mclaren model for the Marussia

Separate mods?

Could one on separate RD real mods for the seasons 2012/2013 of the "Fictional and Retro" mods in separate areas, because the index is lost and this is not like me at least hint, because I do not buy any current racing games for example to drive the season 1995th.

I would like to use GIMP to skin cars. There is no DDS functionality installed with GIMP, but I have found a plugin that allows viewing, creating, editing and saving DDS files on GIMP:

http://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/

I've tried experimenting with it, but with little success in terms of the DDS formatting options. I can't seem to figure out which ones to use.

There are three sets of options available when I try to export a file to DDS using this plugin:

For "Compression", there is "BC1 / DX1", "BC2 / DX3", "BC3 / DX5", "BC3nm / DX5nm", "BC4 / ATI1 (3Dc+)", "BC5 / ATI2 (3Dc)", "RXGB (DX5)", "Alpha Exponent (DX5)", "YCoCg (DX5)", and "YCoCg scaled (DX5)".

For "Format", there is "RGB8", "RGBA8", "BGR8", "ABGR8", "R5G6B5", "RGBA4", "RGB5A1", "RGB10A2", "R3G3B2", "A8", "L8", "L8A8", "AExp", and "YCoCg".

The plugin asks you whether or not you want to generate a minimap. If you select generate, it asks you whether you want "Default", "Nearest", "Box", "Bilinear", "Bicubic", or "Lanczos".

Could someone tell me whether, based on these options, editing skins for F1 2012 is possible, and if it is, which options I should use?

Use nothing.

Cause GIMP makes some colours in it, that werent there before.

Instead, open the original file from Codematsers in PAINT.NET, save it (overwrite), open that file with GIMP, modify it in a way you like it, then copy everything (ctrl+c), go to the paint.net file, paste it (ctrl+v), save it (overwrite the old file). Paint.net saves always right, and with the right settings, too. Just the options to paint are not that good...

If you are german: ctrl is strg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years