Modding Questions Thread

Is it possible to only see the front tires and suspension of the car?
I'm trying to modify the existing cams but it doesn't work, mirrors and other parts of the bodywork remain visible.
I'm looking to use the view with my F1 cockpit, at the moment only running RF2 because the camera setting I'm looking for is available there.
Would like to play F1 from codies but impossible at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!

mod edit - merged into correct thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to only see the front tires and suspension of the car?
I'm trying to modify the existing cams but it doesn't work, mirrors and other parts of the bodywork remain visible.
I'm looking to use the view with my F1 cockpit, at the moment only running RF2 because the camera setting I'm looking for is available there.
Would like to play F1 from codies but impossible at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!
You know this thread exists for some reason:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-questions-thread.56416/page-110
Post your question here. You made a thread in the mod releases thread and this doesn't belong here.

Either you try this a few nights ago created small tutorial
http://www.mediafire.com/view/no8v5dmi6bgb1hb/DataLogger.pdf
*Note: I have installed F1 on D:\ not C:\ that's why running as admin will make it not work, when having on C:\ it may be necessary to run as admin (both, game and datalogger)
or you just appear to have no luck, like someone else (the .exe stopped working). Haven't got feedback from the one who really requested the tutorial though.

Edit: Meh, I didn't notice the alert was for F1 2012 forum, well that shouldn't change anything following the tutorial though it was written for F1 2013 (where KERS and DRS won't appear).

Either you try this a few nights ago created small tutorial
http://www.mediafire.com/view/no8v5dmi6bgb1hb/DataLogger.pdf
*Note: I have installed F1 on D:\ not C:\ that's why running as admin will make it not work, when having on C:\ it may be necessary to run as admin (both, game and datalogger)
or you just appear to have no luck, like someone else (the .exe stopped working). Haven't got feedback from the one who really requested the tutorial though.

Edit: Meh, I didn't notice the alert was for F1 2012 forum, well that shouldn't change anything following the tutorial though it was written for F1 2013 (where KERS and DRS won't appear).
Thanks, will try it now ;)

Hi. I have a question :) I really need clear top view of the Williams Martini livery and i've been told to aks here :) Can someone help me, i really need that :) Thanks !

F1 2012...F1 2010 Season Mod Possibility...?

Hello everyone!,

As maybe some of you are aware, I along with many others have created great mods for the F1 racing series of games. There have been numerous season mods and all have been very good!...

...However..., I am in disbelief that no one has ever been interested in making a mod of the 2010 season???
I am somewhat baffled by this due to the fact that the 2010 season was undoubtedly the most exciting season to date, since 2009!. You had got 4 drivers battling for the world championship, in the final race of the season, but ultimately Sebastian Vettel was the victor!.

Now, what I am asking you modders out there is, would anyone be prepared to create a 2010 season mod, with the combined input of numerous people...?
From what I can see in the downloads section of F1 2012, there literally has only been one 2010 team that has been created, which is the Renault team by Tomek...And that's it!

Come on guy's/gal's, surely with everyones help we can create a superb mod based on the best season I have seen in a long time!

By the way...I am of course going to start doing the season mod anyway, if we can't work collectively then i'll do it myself I think!

I had a good think about it and to be honest, you could say that about 60% of the graphics are already there, albeit a little modification is needed.

Come on people, let's get this thing moving!

Dear users, I downloaded a mod with Sakhir Bahrain twilight version, but resource was deleted, could anyone upload bahrain folder or maybe is it enough to paste some files from abu dhabi track ? Could remind me which files? thanks

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%