Modding Programs / Modding Questions

I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this has been asked before.

Is there a way to get a sideways image of a custom helmet so that I can add it to the b_nonpersisten.pssg? I am trying to do a helmet menu for the Custom Helmet Pack.

Also, I am going to attempt some tweaks on my FOV30 cockpit cameras mod. I just want to change seating position up or down a bit. Does anyone know what values to change? I remember there being a post on how to do this for the 2010 game (i think) anyone have it?

edit: got the cams sorted, if anyone still has that tutorial post handy though that would be great!

Is there a way to get a sideways image of a custom helmet so that I can add it to the b_nonpersisten.pssg? I am trying to do a helmet menu for the Custom Helmet Pack.

u can extract the PNG from the PSSG using Ryder tool. But is actually wise that u make the textures double-sized and without writing's, due to vexel blurring. After it, just reload the PNG (or .dds, if u want to convert before) to the non_persistent and voilá^^

That was extensly done with F1-2010, F1 2011 probably suits in same way.^^

u can extract the PNG from the PSSG using Ryder tool. But is actually wise that u make the textures double-sized and without writing's, due to vexel blurring. After it, just reload the PNG (or .dds, if u want to convert before) to the non_persistent and voilá^^

Yea I can do that but how do I get it to look like a helmet and not like a flat texture?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to disable the HUD (rev speedometer, kers/drs etc.) from rear view or T-cam view?

I suspect it's in the cameras.xml files, but I can't find the right parameter.

Edit : Nevermind, was a stupid question... I found the answer in the OSD menu... :rolleyes:

All the info gathered so far on this issue is that DRS zones are hard-coded and not moddable.
Maybe someone will prove me wrong but I wouldn't keep my hopes up on this.

I would like to know, how indeed to apply the carbon to skins. I do not manage to have one results(profits) appropriate(clean)

Anyone know how to turn off the driver's hands (cockpit cam)?

Changing the "cloth" setting to off in the graphics settings doesn't do anything, neither does setting <Parameter name="DisableDriver" type="bool" value="true" /> in the cameras.xml

edit: it's not the cloth setting. Had to turn the drivers setting to off in the graphics settings. Though this turns ALL drivers off. Any way to get rid of just the player driver?

I want to edit the driver names, but i don´t know what files i have to edit. I found something in the database.ini, but if I change "Adrian Sutil" into "New Driver" (for example), no name will be in the game..

can anyone tell me what i have to do? Thanks!

Last edited:
I want to edit the driver names, but i don´t know what files i have to edit. I found something in the database.ini, but if I change "Adrian Sutil" into "New Driver" (for example), no name will be in the game..

can anyone tell me what i have to do? please :D
you have to make that changes in language files. cheers

quick question: I have edited the driver names in the language.ini. For example:

db_fernando -> My
db_alonso -> Player

That works fine, but now i want to edit the skills of that driver. For it I open the database.ini and go to the category "ai_driver". There is a column "name". Must I edit the name "Fernando Alonso" into "My Player"? Or can I only change the numbers in the other rows to edit the skills for "My Player"?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hi all friends!

Which program should I use to edit xml files?

I'm trying to edit the sky_presets included in the tracks folders and I can not open it with the programs listed above.

Every help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%