Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Working on my own cockpit and Tcam mods...

Which is better? Look to apex (yaw camera angle) that is dependant on steering input or Look to apex based on cornering forces?

Alot of cockpit cams use the cornering forces. You can then actually see, or feel, the grip loss from tyre slip because as your cornering forces reduce, so does the yaw angle. In Tcams people seem to set it to look at the apex only through steering. This can be quite erratic but I also like this? Though it doesn't give any additional information to the driver about an impending spin.

Eg. In a high speed right hand corner I deliberately lose control causing the car to spin and watch the replay... In cockpit cam, as the car turns right and the view looks at the apex to the right, and as the rear end slides out, I add opposite lock but the view still looks right because the car is now starting to spin clockwise. If i watch the same clip in Tcam mode, it looks the same until I add opposite lock, at which point it looks left but the car is still spinning right.

What do people prefer, has anyone noticed the difference? To test, up the cornering forces in a head cam, and up the pitch in a Tcam view, but I suspect you can also alter view based on cornering force in a Tcam too.

Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me which section to edit in the cameras.xml files to change the "Look behind" view? I'm not talking about the "Rear view" but the "Look behind" one, w/o the HUD.

I'd like to try and lower the height in that view as much as possible. :wink:

Thx in advance.

forward cameras have an associated rear camera. So cockpit cam called headcam in the XML file has a reverse head cam. This camera usually follows directly underneath its associated forward cam..

Wing or no wing is dependant for who you drive for. IE: Mercedes Drivers use no rear wing on the helmet but McLaren drivers do.

If you want to change this manually, you'll need Ryders Database Editor, Find the team you are driving for at the moment, and the driver id's, it will be a number, then on the helmet section, change fin value to 1.

0 = no fin
0.5 = semi transparent
1 = full solid fin

Guys,how can i change the Helmet Shape my Career Driver uses (Wing/no Wing).I guess i`m missing something obvious.Thanks.

Where can I edit the session times ? Because in database.bin,the session_times have just id-s.

Or how can I make the AI a bit slower ??? In F1teams:Virtual performance ?

You can delete the entire car in the game and leave only the tires and front wing of the car in f1 f1 2010 or 2011?

I'm working on something like that :)

Behold:
2sbo6ko.jpg

I'm thinking of releasing the camera mod as-is. I want to center the HUD, though.

It direly needs high res textures on the cars, though :p

I might raise the view a little and increase the FOV, I'm not entirely satisfied with this setup.

I'm using the flow.bin from patch 1.1, but I still can't get any looseparts.xml mods to work. Anyone been able to? I'm dying to be able to use increased damage again. Thanks.

Anyone been able to get this to work? I'd really like to be able to use the Damage 1.6 looseparts.xml, but I can't get the game to autosave, even with the previous 1.1 flow.bin file. Would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Could you possibly link your damage mod, or the flow.bin you are using? I searched the threads here and downloaded someone's 1.1 flow.bin file, which works fine with the patch. But as soon as I install the Damage Mod 1.6 looseparts.xml, autosave goes away, even with the previous flow.bin. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Any time I touch the AI_config file, it crashes the game. I am trying to change the rmCurvature Multiplier to 1.06 from 1.6 (apparently 1.6 is a mistake?) to prevent the AI that is out of sight from becoming too fast.

However, I am inserting a single text string '0' with XVI32 (hex editor) and its crashing the whole thing. I think it's detecting that the file size is no longer correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem aswell.I ve made a clean install,made backup of original flow.bin and then i ve patched the game to v 1.2.Then i copied the orig flow.bin over the other.It worked for me so far.I have my own made loose parts.xml

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back