Modding Questions Thread

Hello,

I replaced the drivers in 2012 (names, nationality, helmets, photos, stats ...) by those of 2013, with success.

But I have a final problem. Schumacher has been removed from the "language file", yet it continues to exist in the press:

498769F120122013021805191022.png

Can someone help me solve this problem?
Thank you very much.

(translated from the French)

Hello,

I replaced the drivers in 2012 (names, nationality, helmets, photos, stats ...) by those of 2013, with success.

But I have a final problem. Schumacher has been removed from the "language file", yet it continues to exist in the press:

Thank you very much.

Search for schumacher words from you lenguage file, there you most see where is his name!. I mean in the entire game

Hello,

498769F120122013021805191022.png

Thank you very much.

^^ What he said!! Where is this name information stored?? And - where can I find the pics in the press clippings?? They're not in the frontend folder (unless I'm blind).

Thanks chaps.

Yes, they must be in another file and what's more, I can not find where the press clipping images are kept either. They both appear to be kept elsewhere.

A quick question...Lets say I replace Schumacher with Hamilton, if I do this what will happen when I do a quick race?
I mean, if I've altered the drivers then will their individual statistics be that of the other driver? Or will I have to edit the database of the driver stats so to speak?

Is there a fix for the distortion between AI qualifying times when you play at Normal speed and the artificial Simulated times when you press the Fast Forward speeds.

We changed this in the Database.bin in 2011 is this not something that has been fixed by anyone yet?

The differences are up to 2-3 seconds sometimes slower sometimes quicker.

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Hi, I've played F1 a lot and it's really fun. But I've installed some mods and now the damage I take is huge. If i bump just a little my front wing is broken. If I drive trough a DRS-sign I have to retire or restart (if flashbacks are used).
The mods I installed are really fun(Realism mod, competitive braking mod, modmade_modcams and debug options). I really want to keep these mods but I just want to reduce the damage I take. Does anyone has an idea how I can easily do that? thx

Hi, I've played F1 a lot and it's really fun. But I've installed some mods and now the damage I take is huge. If i bump just a little my front wing is broken. If I drive trough a DRS-sign I have to retire or restart (if flashbacks are used).
The mods I installed are really fun(Realism mod, competitive braking mod, modmade_modcams and debug options). I really want to keep these mods but I just want to reduce the damage I take. Does anyone has an idea how I can easily do that? thx
Here is the link to Realistic Damage Mod, download and discharge can select how much damage you want, copy it and paste loose parts settings.xml file it in the folder f1 2012.good Luck :thumbsup:.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/f1-2012-realistic-damage.201/viewfile

Does anyone know how we can adjust car performance for user controlled cars? I imagine there is a tab for this in the database file. Just can't figure out the right one.

To clarify a bit... i'm interested in modifying downforce levels and how responsive the car is to wheel input. i.e. the McLaren feels very nimble and easy to control, whereas the Toro Rosso feels like a truck when turning into a corner.

Anyone reckon there's an appropriate field to make adjustments to this?

Does anyone know how to move the race engineer pit wall thing to match with team garages?

Coz at the moment I've got all my garages in the 2013 order, but I've still got the engineers on the other side of the pit lane in the original spot.

So because Ferrari and Mclaren switched places in the constructors, Mclaren is now the 3rd and Ferrari the 2nd. Yet on the pitwall Ive got Mclaren guys sitting in the Ferrari box and Ferrari guys sitting in the Mclaren box.

Any clues? I'm thinking its something in the database, but I can't find where.

I've changed Alonso and Schumacher by replacing values in f1drivers_f1teams tab in database. Than I changed helmets in car livery folders. But still while driver enters car before session start they are in their old suit and helmet. Can someone tell me what to change so I get Ferrari suit on Schumi in video before session start?

Does anyone know how we can adjust car performance for user controlled cars? I imagine there is a tab for this in the database file. Just can't figure out the right one.

To clarify a bit... i'm interested in modifying downforce levels and how responsive the car is to wheel input. i.e. the McLaren feels very nimble and easy to control, whereas the Toro Rosso feels like a truck when turning into a corner.

Anyone reckon there's an appropriate field to make adjustments to this?
I think that can be done in ctf files, in revised performance mod there were changes to handling. You can look trough this thread also: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/ego-engine-app-ctf-car-performance-editor.52072/
That is all I know:thumbsup:

I've changed Alonso and Schumacher by replacing values in f1drivers_f1teams tab in database. Than I changed helmets in car livery folders. But still while driver enters car before session start they are in their old suit and helmet. Can someone tell me what to change so I get Ferrari suit on Schumi in video before session start?

You need to change the characters/models/hightxt for cutscenes

Thank you Hill, another question is: I putted helmet from 44 helmet pack instead of Perez in livery_01 files. But in race I have blue gloves with half visible sponsors of original gloves. I will look into this tomorrow, but if someone knows how it can save me some time.:rolleyes:

Could anyone give a brief tutorial on which files need changing to update driver suits and gloves please? Any models available?

Program Files -> f1 2012 -> characters -> models then replace the corresponding files.

eg If you were updating Charles Pics gloves then you would replace the "higbody_glovescharles_pic.pssg" file.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%