Modding Questions Thread

Can anybody help me to change the tyres texture?I want for my HRT Firestone ... like the Indycar use it.:unsure:The post i found here in 06 season mod ...it comes not clear for me:(

Edit: I found the way.Took the examples for the mc2,and the tyres are there.The problem is,when i will something change, it´s only white in game.When i export the tga it´s black and in the folder the tyre.tga is grey....where is my mistake?​

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, big F1 fan, and have just downloaded F1 2012 on Steam.

I have been attempting to do some database.bin editing, using the latest Ryder Database Editor, I want to be able to swap drivers and teams, so for example I am trying to swap Kimi and Lewis around so that Kimi drives for Mclaren and Lewis for Lotus.

I open up the database.bin in RDE and then open the "f1drivers_f1teams" table. I then quite simply find the"f1driver" id for Lewis & Kimi and on each line edit the id for "f1team", from 21 (mclaren) to 24 (lotus) and vice versa, I then save the database.

I have made sure that all files in "..SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\F1 2012\database" are not read only and that I am running RDE as an administrator.

I then go to start the game, it launches and the F1 2012 black box pops up, the window then opens to a black screen and then shuts right away. No warnings, just won't open. If I replace the database.bin with the original it all works again, but obviously that's no good because I want to be able to swap drivers!

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? Or can this not be done, either in this way, or at all?

Appreciate any help you can give me on this :)

Many thanks.

Does anyone know how to differentiate between Rosberg and Hulkenberg in the language.xml file?
Since they're both called "Nico", i cant seem to change it to "Jules" without Rosberg becoming "Jules Rosberg". I want to put Jules Bianchi in the 2nd force india seat.

I know that there's two different nico's in the language file (db_Nico, & db_Nico2) but it doesnt seem to matter which one i change.

Any help?

EDIT: I've found that "db_Nico2" is the label for Hulkenberg, however, once i've changed everything associated with hulkenberg to Jules Bianchi; i get in the menu in game, "Nico Bianchi"

It seems they're either both called Nico, or both called Jules.

Thats what i want to know, too. In the GP2 mod it works, ive made it exactly the same way but in my kanguage file for 2007 its still wrong :/

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, big F1 fan, and have just downloaded F1 2012 on Steam.

I have been attempting to do some database.bin editing, using the latest Ryder Database Editor, I want to be able to swap drivers and teams, so for example I am trying to swap Kimi and Lewis around so that Kimi drives for Mclaren and Lewis for Lotus.

I open up the database.bin in RDE and then open the "f1drivers_f1teams" table. I then quite simply find the"f1driver" id for Lewis & Kimi and on each line edit the id for "f1team", from 21 (mclaren) to 24 (lotus) and vice versa, I then save the database.

I have made sure that all files in "..SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\F1 2012\database" are not read only and that I am running RDE as an administrator.

I then go to start the game, it launches and the F1 2012 black box pops up, the window then opens to a black screen and then shuts right away. No warnings, just won't open. If I replace the database.bin with the original it all works again, but obviously that's no good because I want to be able to swap drivers!

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? Or can this not be done, either in this way, or at all?

Appreciate any help you can give me on this :)

Many thanks.

To change a driver to another team, i do this (I change rosberg for schumacher (1st driver) and hamilton for rosberg (2nd driver)).

You need to copy the values of a driver to the new driver (hamilton values into rosberg values, for example), copy hamilton values of "f1drivers" and "ai_driver".

From f1drivers, copy all the values, except "id", "file_name" and "car_number" of hamilton line and set them in rosberg line (keeping rosberg "id", "nico_rosberg" as file_name and the car number)

From ai_drivers, copy all the values except "id" and "name" into the rosberg line.

Now you have two hamilton drivers, one in mclaren and the other in mercedes, do the same to change hamilton for perez, and if you want schumacher for the perez in sauber.

When you are ready with database, open the files of "cars/me2/livery_01" and open the file with "ryders pssg editor" and change rosberg helmet with hamilton mercedes helmet (you can find it here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/lewis-hamilton-2013-helmet.723/viewfile), only the texture, not the entire file. Do the same with the other drivers.

In my game i have hamilton in mercedes, perez in mclaren and esteban gutierrez in sauber untill now, this works for me. Its a little complicated.

I hope this help, sorry bad english

PS: Its not necesary change the values of "LNG_value" from language file, just add a row with the right LNG_Key and LNG_Value, i include it me in my game but i dont modify any values of an original driver

Thats what i want to know, too. In the GP2 mod it works, ive made it exactly the same way but in my kanguage file for 2007 its still wrong :/

Wait so they got it to work in the GP2 mod?

I wonder if we could contact the person who made it to help us out lol. Coz right now it's got me completely stumped.

Check this out :cool:

f1201220130211091611913.jpg

f1201220130211091618606.jpg

:roflmao:

PS: Where i can change the orange colour? :thumbsdown:

Thank you

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%