Modding Questions Thread

Hey guys,

please post general questions about modding / modding tools in here, like last year.

Here's a list of programs that can be used to mod F1 2011. Below I've added some useful guides written by various members.

3DSimED - DOES NOT WORK 100%, NEEDS UPDATE
Fergo BinXML
  • Description -- Fergo BinXML allows you to visually select multiple XML files to encode/decode, with a very simple and straightforward interface. Gulbroz is the actual author of the bin to xml converter and Fergo is the author of the UI.
  • Download -- http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/
Ryder BXML Converter
Ryder CTF Editor
Ryder Database Editor
  • Description -- This tool will allow you to edit the database.bin file from Grid, Dirt 2, F1 2010 and Dirt 3. In the file you can edit tons of things like car restrictions for events, ai skill levels, new liveries(no longer replace existing) and so much more.
  • Download -- http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/database-editor.51442/
Ryder Language Editor
Ryder PSSG Editor
Ryder JPK Extractor
  • Description -- This program is still in alpha stage and I haven't touched it since March of 2011 but still seems to work with F1 2011. Lets you open and extract the files from JPK files like the one found in main directory "raceload.jpk".
  • Download -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?au5e9xxigvubgua

I've been trying to use Ryder Database editor to open and edit to database.bin file. I keep getting an error saying "The program failed to convert". Is there a way round this? Or is there an alternative program I can try and use?

I have same problem with F1 2012 and 2010 I get penalty's all the time. I'm driving cautious but little taps seem to be magnified and i am pushing for results.
My Race 07 game lets you switch the penalty's off.
Its like your racing level 2 because level 1 was to easy. So Level 2 is to hard and you go back to level 1 for more practice. But there is no level 1.

Can anyone hack the penalty's off the game. I regret buying F1 2012 and will have to stick to R07

I have same problem with F1 2012 and 2010 I get penalty's all the time. I'm driving cautious but little taps seem to be magnified and i am pushing for results.
My Race 07 game lets you switch the penalty's off.
Its like your racing level 2 because level 1 was to easy. So Level 2 is to hard and you go back to level 1 for more practice. But there is no level 1.

Can anyone hack the penalty's off the game. I regret buying F1 2012 and will have to stick to R07

You can set it to reduce rules. Plus, why are even tapping? F1 isn't a contact sport :p

You can change the language within Steam - right-click on the game within your Steam Library -> Properties -> Languages -> English.

Any chance you could calm down with the thread merging? It's really annoying when people are trying to have a discussion.

I would like to raise the illumination of the game with the mod Maximum Illumination of F1 2011, however the file effects.xml within the folder TRACK there isn't. How can I do? Thanks

Any chance you could calm down with the thread merging? It's really annoying when people are trying to have a discussion.

I sincerely understand but we need to keep everything clean - if we wouldn't merge threads with the thread they belong to it would be a mess.

That way people might probably learn to search before posting or, at least, post in the right thread. ;)

Hi,

Thinking about getting the PC version of F1 2012 and was wondering if I got the Steam version would I still be able to use any Mods made for the games, that are posted here, or would I need the disc version, or does that use Steam?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%