Modding Questions Thread

Hey Guys!

I asked for change the driver names in the game.

I found a file in the databse, but now, in the Race there is instead of PIC db_Chilton (i wanted Max Chilton to replace Pic).

In the driver select menu there were a picture not of pic but with strange colours and there wasnt a name but strange symbols.

What i have to do?

(I changed in the DB under f1drivers short name PIC to CHI, surname from Pic to Chilton and first name from Charles to Max)

Thanks!

Hi, i wondering if someone could upload original Ferrari car and interiors files? I messed up somethings with those files and after that i notice i did not back up original files. Stupid me...
And yeah i now that i could allso reinstal game, but then i have to instal all mods again, and i do not have inspiration for that.

Can someone explain to me how to mod the green tachometer lights to turn on when the DRS is open?

Like in this video:

I was able to make the green lights always on (no texture editing) but i can't find what is the DRS setting, so i can try to copy the tachometer setting to it.
Please, if someone knows which file to mod.
Since its possible to change the tach behaviour, probably the drs is too.

Thanks!

Anyone noticed that the lighting in Abu Dhabi:

Practice 3 is in full daylight, and then slowly turns to dusk. Which is fine.

Now, those of us who know about how Formula 1 sessions work over the course of a weekend, Practice 3 comes only a few hours before qualifying on the same day.

But then when i got to qualifying in the game, it was back at full peak sunlight.

How did they get this wrong?

They had perfect progression of lighting in F1 2011, why could they not have kept this?

And as you might guess, my next question is, can we fix this?
Because unlike in 2011, there is no "sky_presets.xml" in the 2012 Abu Dhabi file . So im a little stumped.

Any Clues?

Im looking for a way to change the DRS light, so i've been looking for a lots of files.

There's a file called "loading_lightning.xml" in the f12012\frontend folder.
Take a look at the file. There's a lot of Sun/Sky/Rain settings. I really don't know if it has a separate config for each track but might be worth checking ;)

Hi there!

I have a problem, when i want to edit the driver suits sponsors in the texturesets folder(Force India). I Export texture in dds and open with Photoshop(DDS plugin installed),but the texture not same with the preview in the PSSG Editor. What can i do to edit these sponsors?

error.jpg

Click on the channels tab and switch on the alpha layer, this will show you the layout.

Im looking for a way to change the DRS light, so i've been looking for a lots of files.

There's a file called "loading_lightning.xml" in the f12012\frontend folder.
Take a look at the file. There's a lot of Sun/Sky/Rain settings. I really don't know if it has a separate config for each track but might be worth checking ;)
Thanks, ill have a look.

EDIT:

Unfortunately there was nothing of relevance to Abu Dhabi in there. However, the Abu Dhabi track file has a few more files in it than every other track, and so i thought these must be the ones that control the sunset. But no.

I have a feeling that codies have hard coded it into the .exe of the game. Bastards.

Thanks, ill have a look.

EDIT:

Unfortunately there was nothing of relevance to Abu Dhabi in there. However, the Abu Dhabi track file has a few more files in it than every other track, and so i thought these must be the ones that control the sunset. But no.

I have a feeling that codies have hard coded it into the .exe of the game. Bastards.
These hardcoded sets they've added to the exe are destroying lots of stuff. A lot of things could be fixed by modding if it wasn't for it. Crap CM.
Hope they drop this next year :mad:

Dear RaceDepartment-Community,

I like to know if there was a possibility to force the game useing a helmet with fin. What is the mechanism deciding which kind of helmet it will be?

Thx,
Seby

Hi
I'd like your help with 2 original image or file sharing purposes:
b_nonpersistent.pssg and b_player_helmets.pssg or derived from
Thanks in advance for your help.

would also love to know this, my career driver replaced jb at macca but no fin helmet and also database fin for jb is set to 1
I believe you are talking about a cutscene? My belief is that you cant change the way helmets appear in the cutscenes. Besides the textures anyway. Im not 100% sure about this but this is what I believe.

Got a question for you guys. Anyone know the values in AI_Driver that I should edit in the database to make certain drivers slower/faster? I want to edit the files to adjust the AI performance for this year.

I believe you are talking about a cutscene? My belief is that you cant change the way helmets appear in the cutscenes. Besides the textures anyway. Im not 100% sure about this but this is what I believe.

no not in the cutscenes, all i would like is the helmet fin, usually found on arai helmets, on my career driver while in-game driving, the only time i see it apart from driving as those actual drivers with it is in champions mode but never in career, could it be linked with which team i was with in the young driver program?

no not in the cutscenes, all i would like is the helmet fin, usually found on arai helmets, on my career driver while in-game driving, the only time i see it apart from driving as those actual drivers with it is in champions mode but never in career, could it be linked with which team i was with in the young driver program?
Ok then I dont know, are you sure you have changed the correct driver to have a fin?(the driver you are replacing)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back