Mixed or single class for next League?

ok guys, to narrow down things a bit here is the first poll, multiple choices, public

Poll will close in 7 days

of course this is paralel League planned besides MX5

That could be due to the cars chosen in leagues though.
The mazdas are pure fun but at the end of the day they are just a mazda with a mini engine. That can turn people of after a while.
Running the Vette & Ford GT should provide some interest because you then have two cars to get bored with.

Or run the HPD, it´s a whole lot easier to drive then the above.

If we had a multi class series, at least with the change to iRacing, some folks may only need to have/buy the one car instead of needing both.

I have all content so would probably throw my hat in the ring to participate in whatever series was offered up.

My experiences with oval races in the past here at RD have been anything but positive. Yellow flag after yellow flag followed by parade lap after parade lap and hardly any racing. I think the last one I entered was the Silverado and after half an hour we had run just 2 green flag laps. I wasn't involved in any of the incidents but it sure does put a downer on things IMO.

"If we had a multi class series, at least with the change to iRacing, some folks may only need to have/buy the one car instead of needing both." - this works so far only in official series

On the road/oval side of things I think that with combined r/o Indy car league we can satisfy majority of racers
with separate r/o point standings

If a road and oval series is decided upon, please consider cars other than the IndyCar. I'm afraid that too many people are turned away from it because it is a very difficult car to setup for, and there's already a fixed setup league that relatively popular. You guys might want to consider running a mixed series with the Legends car, Street Stock, or even Late Model. Also, I would try picking combinations that are not offered by iRacing's official series. I would love a series with SRFs on premium tracks, for example.

Some great points that people have posted here. I think running a multiclass car league could work. But with the attendance in the latter half of both the RDMX5 and RD Skip Barber league it would be better to get a whole grid racing each other rather than possibly being split up between two classes.

The RDiLMS which Bram has started to organize and can see that the interest is there. But until iRacing enables driver swaps for endurance racing kind of tough to sit down and race 6+ hours by yourself :)

In the past there is quite a bit of interest in oval racing and feel with the EU and US drivers that we have on RD, a possible road/oval league for the next league could be quite popular. The IndyCar would seem like the next step up after racing in the MX5, Skip Barber and Star Mazda the past few seasons IMO.

Would also be good for other drivers that have participated in the RD iRacing leagues to answer the poll and post their feedback here as well :)

Edit: A few more thoughts, IMO the RDMX5 seems to be a very popular series here on RD. Everyone has the MX5 of course. And since Season 1 of the RDMX5, we have slowly added a few tracks to each series to make it affordable for those that do not have 100% content. But can tell by the responses in the other thread that people are looking for "top tier" cars. F1, IndyCar, Vette and Ford GT to name a few that were mentioned. I am open wheel biased just because I enjoy those cars more. But give me any car/track combo with fellow RD drivers is more fun than official iRacing races IMO.

according to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lhTEtKYU1uQ3c&hl=en_GB&authkey=CKH7zZcN#gid=0

Most of the poeple have Mustang and Vette, what is your opinion on this combo?
I did Petit Le Mans 2010 on Road Atlanta with it and it was real fun for me.

In general shall we consider Stang as one of the Multiclass cars?
Second (or even third) car should be faster or slower?

Any interest for Vette/Stang or Stang/MX5 combo today at 19:00 GMT?
Road Atlanta, Sebring, Spa, Watkins, other...?

edit: btw don´t think that I am not prepared for Indy League;)

image_car.php

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back