Mini Cooper.

If anyone can explain what I wrote wrong? :) I do not have Cooper in real life. So thank you for help. When I write in my bad english I don't want to offend anyone. Therefore, if you read something stupid or incorrect, don't worry. Btw In my opinion, the front needs to be improved. Grill is a bit too wide and front mask too little rounded. It reminds me a tank. Maybe I'm exaggerating. :)

Almost finished, steeringwheel in position & rotates correctly, set of blur wheels, I went crazy on this one => blurred wheel, tyres & glowing brake disc, forget about it...gear ratios & final diff ratio quite OK (217 km/h max on Carlswood straight line) & minor stuff fixed...

A lot of work, had to keep concentrated & following my 2 pages of notes for this car...:)

Almost finished, steeringwheel in position & rotates correctly, set of blur wheels, I went crazy on this one => blurred wheel, tyres & glowing brake disc, forget about it...gear ratios & final diff ratio quite OK (217 km/h max on Carlswood straight line) & minor stuff fixed...

A lot of work, had to keep concentrated & following my 2 pages of notes for this car...:)

Sounds great. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?x5pycycaq83bboi

Mirrored for the people who hate crapidshare! :)

Edit: Right, down to business. I had to do a few changes to the ini, such as steering lock, etc. After that I discovered that it does 0-60mph in under 5 seconds.. which definitely isn't right since iirc stock they do more like 10-11?

See description :)

And the sounds are a bit odd, but the backfire on the dec is spot on lol.

Anddd, it can go round corners at any speed you want. 90? 110? Anything, it's got impossibly good handling...

QuadCoreMax thank you for everything. You are my hero. :)

I have minor comments. Sometimes the car looks like glass - why? Moreover, it is too fast. Do you have gran turismo 3 or 5? Choose the Mini and see how it goes. Should be more heavy, massive. Now it seems lightweight. After weight loss therapy and tuning. BTW do you made any changes in the body?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you know how to transfer old camera settings from the old Racer to the new Racer? I have an old but good camera settings:

camera0
{
offset
{
x=0
y=1.5
z=-1.0
}
name=GT Type Active Chase Cam
follow
{
pitch=0
yaw=0
roll=0
}
fov=55
model=0
wheels=0
view=0
src
{
mass=6
k=600
damping=120
maxdist=2
}

ps. My baby. :p

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All your comments are right !!

Anyway, feel free to post another car.ini file, I know sounds transition is odd & handling is way too much too tuned !

The most & biggest part for this car was the smoothing issues & transfer of all values correctly to Racer (backfires /flares etc..) & the rest is a bit 'magical' for now.

All your comments are right !!

Anyway, feel free to post another car.ini file, I know sounds transition is odd & handling is way too much too tuned !

The most & biggest part for this car was the smoothing issues & transfer of all values correctly to Racer (backfires /flares etc..) & the rest is a bit 'magical' for now.
Well I just drove this thing, on a nice open straight road, screaming all the way. the car wasn't screaming as loud as I was as it rocketed up past 110mph. Mind you, I screamed louder then the tires when I hit the brakes, and ended up backwards. lol

and why the backfiring? does the car need a tune up? it might do it revving really high in a carburated vehicle, but I think by the time this one was brought out, it was fuel injected.

Maybe its just me but going from my Mini to this one, this one feels huge.

Hi all....
I like the Model...looks great!
The handling and the performance is a little to muche....(i know no car with them i can drive from 0-1xx in the 5. Gear......)
I looked at some pages...but i found only this one ( http://carspector.com/car/mini/011954 ) with the 1300ccm engine...so if you change the max Torque to a realistic value of 91...you get a lot of more fun...next change is the shifting....this has times from a sequenzial one.....

Car looks really great I must admit :) Cameras need some work and handling seems like from old arcade-style game. But it´s possible to make it better. About sounds: They´re fine for beginning, but I think I have better sound set :)

ok...made some changes...
here you go...
SURCE:
http://books.google.de/books?id=TU9...&resnum=4&ved=0CD8Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

Max Torque=91
Top Speed~150
Cg high=512mm
front area=1,64m²
gearing:close ratio, optional, only for cooper s and yes 4 Gears

Car.ini:
DivShare File - car.ini

...let me know what do you think....

EDIT:ups forgot to say...changed the pacejka to the aronde's...more real...
öhm...do some one know the weight distribution?...ok found it...~60fr/40re....
replace this:
cg
{
x=0
y=0.5545;0.254 ;0.125
z=0.250
}

Not bad, except it tops out 140km, which is too low.

Edit: It's pretty good, just doesn't feel right after 60 lol

I tried out the car.ini, its better. but the top speed does seem a little low considering my older 850cc Mini that I'm working on, tops out at about the same. and weren't the last one's 5 speeds not 4 speeds?

Also I did check my Mini against this one for size comparison...

last I knew mine was the correct size. This one looks a little on the large side.Last I knew the only real size difference between the two physically was the fender flares.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%