Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
header.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Class: Austin Mini Cooper S (Default)
Track: Mallory Park 09 (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (23 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (23 laps)

Note1: You must download and install this livery pack (Download) Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S
Note2: If you do not have a livery in the pack, you must use a default skin.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Ross McGregor
  3. Senad Subasic
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito
  5. Tim Ling
  6. Andrew Jarnell
  7. Paul M Jones
  8. Rupe Wilson
  9. Jack Smith
  10. Hans Sneep
  11. Howard Jacks
  12. David Cuthill
  13. Namgung Joong-Ki
  14. Neil Gault
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

oops...just finished reading all the posts regarding the 22 car. That's my car which I skinned myself and then sent to Thommo. My apologies to you all. I hadn't skinned a car in a while and I obviously did something wrong, Thommo had nothing to do with it and he was nice enough to skin another one for me.

Went wide in quali, started from last.
Got caught up in two incidents at the start, and lost a lot of ground to the pack. Slowly tried to catch up to the people in front, with varying degrees of success, but then turned too early and too hard for the hairpin, and rolled it. Ended up on the roof, and with cars approaching from behind, had to hit Esc.

Started from 3rd in race 2, but lost several places very soon.
Had a nice clean couple of laps with Roland near the end, was fun.

Shame I never could get that hairpin right.

Congrats to Ross, great times. Thanks to Stuart for organizing it all, and for the skins, love 'em.

See you next week. If I wasn't lagging, that is, felt weird at times o_O

Having now driven race 07 mini 07 retro mini and now the GTL Mini
and with two second places i can say without doubt these are the best Ive driven:D
and the track was great
The times were very close ( well apart from Ross.. he was only ever seen at the start and if he lapped you.... congrats) there was some good little battles in both races .. and it was more about staying on track .. which for once then twice i managed:D
All in all a great night of fun.. i think i like my mini and its a lovely colour
Once again thanks to Stuart for our skins they look so good ..:notworthy:.
SEE you on track..

Race 1 was great, I found myself once again in a nice little battle with Thommo. I lost the battle but not the war...poor guy went off after he passed me and gifted me his spot. During my almost race long battle with Thommo I felt I was holding both him and Jack up, sorry for the blocking boys.

Race 2: I qualied 4th...Some of you have been racing with me long enough to know that 99% of the time, if I qualy well, it all goes to hell lol. And sure enough, a couple of laps, if even that, into the race, I get the slightest little tap from Howard and because our Minis are so freakin light, we both end up going off-roading (thanks for your apologies Howard, I couldn't respond cuz I was too busy trying to get back on the track). Normally, I keep on racing regardless of what position I'm in and how far back I am, but this time I had to quit out cuz when I spun off my Mini slammed quite hard into the wall and my steering got very messed up and my car was permanently steering towards the left. That's not a big deal when you have a wheel, but with an analog pad, it's a bit of a pain in the butt lol.
Oh well, it was still lots of fun anyway.

Thanks a bunch for the skins Thommo, I love how mine came out.
And thanks for setting it all up.
See you boys next week!

The Maple Leaf Forever.
Had two good races with some close encounters with several people. In Race 1 I was in the thick of things with Stu and Carlos for many laps and in Race 2 I had a good battle with David right to the finish line. I unfortunately gave Roland a little bump at the hairpin because I came in too hot and could not slow down quick enough and I also bumped Senad at the same corner which had a negative effect on his car. I had thought that Senad had bumped me from behind so I continued but in replay I see we kind of squeezed together at the apex, me cutting in after losing control a bit and he dripping a tad. My car weathered the storm but Senad went on two wheels and lost momentum. Up to that point we had a good battle going. Sorry guys.

Wd podiums, thanks for the event Stu, cheers to all drivers.

Nice looking grid of cars last night, tremendours skin-work Mr. Thomson. Also great to see 16 drivers present with a couple of new faces joining the field. (new to me anyway!) Hopefully this trend continues.

Mallory was quite a tricky track to learn despite only having three corners, but once you get your head around it it suited the Minis down to the ground. (It actually had a bit of a Goodwood atmosphere going on)

Congrats Rupe on the double 2nd, and Neil & Howard for the 3rds. Cheers Thommo & RD

I'm going to get my ass handed to me on a plate in the Mini's.....
Hey Ross, did you know there was a guy racing with us yesterday who, come to think of it had a name very similar to yours, and I think he won. Twice. And with quite a margin actually. Maybe you can find him and ask how he does it :p:roflmao::laugh:

But seriously, awesome fun this was. Good numbers, nice track and a great set of skins. Excellent piece of work, mr.Thommo:thumbsup:.
Race 1 was great, with plenty of racing action. Well the first half was... Started 4th, up to 2nd, back to 6th from a friendly pat on the back from Jack;), up to 2nd again. Sorry for the paint-trade Neil, it was a really tiny gap on the inside, but I just had to dive into it.:sneaky:
Then after some 13 laps my Mini suddenly felt an uncontrollable urge to race off into the sandpit on the inside going into the Esses and against the barrier. Rupe, Neil, Howard, Carlos and Stu all had front row seats to see me fly...:confused:
But they strong, them little Minis.. When I finally got back on track in 9th, I could still do laptimes near my PB racing all alone closing in on David but never close..

R2 started great as well, from 6th to 2nd, when me and Rupe signed a truce to try and keep up with Ross together. We did keep up quite well for at least half the race, but still the gap only got bigger very very slowly, until Rupe started putting some pressure on me around lap 15, I paid too much attention to my mirror, and went off wide in 1st corner. Back on track in 7th, having a nice battle with Senad while the both of us were making good progess towards Jack and David in front, but again the race was too short for that..

Thanks all for some very good, very clean action-packed races; I can only hope the others will be just as good. And thanks to Thommo for an exceptional job on this series and the skinpack to go with it! Grats to both podiums and CYA next week!

Ive head a blast on 60's Oltanpark, A roller coaster ride in a mini with a some great banked turns how can this not be fun :D Theres some nasty looking trees ans things close to the edge of the track, but dont worry the hay bails will protect you:roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back