McLaren MP4 is now available...can someone please give some feedback on it?

better than anything in Netkar or FVA Hampus? If you still feel that way in a couple weeks I might renew my sub again. For you to say that I'm assuming that hot laps aren't set on lap one anymore.
comparing with the 458 in FVA i would say definitely yes. And i have only run with base setup which for the first time in history was good right out of the box.
The FVA is not bad by any means, it´s an awesome car but the Mclaren trumps it quite easily.
Just on immersion it´s night and day.

I got the car, got into my league session and did a full race stint without any crashes or anything, just lap after lap of pure awesomeness.

If the Ford GT was a 1 out of 10 (which it is, a POS is what it is really)
Then the Mclaren is a 45 out of 10.
It´s worth re-subbing only for this car, it´s going to be the most popular car in the service i think.

the sounds of it is NOT what you hear in the onboard video they posted. You can actually hear flames licking the exhaust.
It crackles, it sounds damn near close to the real thing (but obviously not 100%)
burbles and is just an angry mofo really :)

It also came with a new steering model but i can´t feel any difference other then the fact that the Mclaren is dead easy to drive.
Race ABS is just magic. It helps you but never takes over. You can set in the settings.

Sometimes when you took chicanes and braked and turned at the same time you would lock a tire.
Not now, ABS is like "i got this idiot..." :)
Not even close to the ABS in the Mustang and Mazda but proper race ABS, feels great actually.

some info on the steering model.

iRacing is all about the iConspiracies!... no, actually we're not. We just don't talk much and prefer our product to do the talking. I'll mention the steering model improvement a little before I climb back into my dev-cave for another month.

The steering improvement is a subtle effect that a lot of people are hard pressed to notice a difference, it isn't some super huge amazing fix-everything change. Basically we used to model the steering (since GPL or probably even Indycar) by computing the angle each front wheel should be at, then they'd try their best to be at the requested angle. But Dave figured out the math for how to properly constrain the front wheels mathematically together through a steering rack, so now it's the steering rack that tries it's best to go to where the steering input device says, and both wheels go with the steering rack properly. Example: in a current open wheel car if you smack a wall you can see the impacting front wheel twitch, but the other front wheel does nothing. With the steering rack constraint, you'll see the outside front wheel twitch in synchronized response to the inside wheel smashing the wall. The benefit is that now both front wheels are dependant on each other, instead of being independant of each other like before.

The McLaren itself is one of those cars that comes off the iRacing factory floor feeling really good on the NTM right away, and it has the benefits of the latest flavors of NTM tire tuning experience. And maybe perhaps it also might have a little tweak to something in it's NTM physics that none of the other cars have. It's a blast to drive, and we're very happy to have you guys share that experience

That looks great and the interious sounds are fantastic Hampus. Not so sure about the exterior sounds though.
Yea exterior could use some work but i think once we get reverberations and some other sounds it will sound acceptable there too.
But really, the interior sounds at full blast with a good set of headphones or speakers is very very nice :)

We had so many battles yesterday it was crazy :D

Interesting quote, now keep in mind both cars are different in layout etc but they are built for the same series.
And to be easy to drive for these rich customers,

This car feels a lot like the SLS GT3 I drove back in may. Extremely easy to drive!! I can feel the FFB when the car goes into understeer. I'm using the Fanatec CSW with linear mode on. I've learned that settings play a big role in the car handling, so if anyone can't feel this, research how you should setup your wheel.

This car looks so good in any skin,

pWpN1.jpg

Here´s my skin, done by Gergely Kiss,
Mind you, it´s not finished yet, he´s only started working on the sides and we will tune the colors later to get it looking like the bike below.

Team is called Swedish AirForce hence the livery ;) looks like a small jet fighter.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back